Mayur Suresh Thawkar
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile: +91-706*******
Objective: Actively seeking full time opportunities in Mechanical Engineering field. Education:
Master’s in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, (Yet to complete) Syracuse University, USA Courses: Methods of Analysis, Fluid Dynamics, Computational Fluid Dynamics, Advance Mechanics of Materials, Fuel Cell Science and Technology, Principles of Turbo-Machines, Building Environment and Modelling, Lean Six Sigma, Project Management, Building Material and Envelopes, Energy Conversion. Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering, May 2014 RTM Nagpur University, India Certifications:
Catia V5 May 2015
• Line following Robot
o Did automation of gear manufacturing layout of an automobile company. o Figured out what is most optimum way of reducing the handling of products to minimize product cycle time and thus increase profit.
o Made model of the whole layout and showed the findings using a small line following robot.
• Refrigeration Cycle Tutor
o Fabricated whole refrigeration system
o It included two different type of condensers and various combination of expansion devices. o It can be used to learn how refrigeration works under various conditions. o Students can also understand what various changes in parameters are that must be done to acquire desired refrigeration effect.
• Design Evaluation
o CFD analysis of an upgraded Audi R8.
o Worked on modelling, analysis and iterative testing of car at various conditions and test speeds.
• Fuel Cell Optimization
o Design a solid oxide fuel cell of specific requirements. o Worked on selection of material and manufacturing of fuel cell. o Calculated total value for money.
• National Grid (Lean Six Sigma)
o A Lean Six Sigma project with National Grid which involves decreasing the total lead time. o Prevent misplacement of parts by developing an inventory and finished goods recording system. Work Experience:
Hindustan Machine Tools Ltd., Mechanical Engineering Intern June 2013
• Industrial Familiarization Training.
• Worked on casting, machining, finishing processes. Grip Tight Packaging (I) Pvt. Ltd., Mechanical Engineering Intern June-July 2014
• Worked on packaging of various products.
ICOM Institute August-September 2014
• Thermal Power Plant Familiarization, Mechanical Maintenance on Thermal Power Station, Instrumentation in Thermal Power Plant.
Laxmi Agro Steel Industries, Mechanical Engineering Intern January-February 2015
• Conducted process mapping on sheet metal operations for its improvements.
• Performed sales and marketing forecasts using MDMS for efficient inventory control.
• Updated daily production reports and conducted lean training on shop floor. Software Skills: MATLAB, Minitab, Pointwise, Star CCM+, EES, Catia V5, Microsoft Suite, MS Project, CHAMPS-BES, SolidWorks.