firstname.lastname@example.org • C: 323-***-**** • Los Angeles, CA • linkedin.com/in/veronicacastro-phr RESULTS DRIVEN Human Resources Leader
Strategic and innovative Human Resource professional progressive hands-on experience in a retail environment. A strategic business partner who translated the business vision into HR initiatives that improved performance, proﬁtability, growth and employee engagement. Genuine inﬂuencer with a great perspective that human capital is the companies greatest asset. Empowered leader who thrives on tough challenges to develop the necessary strategies to achieve the companies ﬁnancial compliance, and strategic goals. KEY SKILLS
Employee Relations Talent Acquisition Work Safety Strategic Planning Event Manager PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Lowe's Home Centers, LLC, Los Angeles, CA
12/2004 – 07/2019
Human Resources Manager, 05/2007 – 07/2019
Worked closely with leaders and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and maintain staff retention. Led staffing, recruitment, talent development, performance management, and employee engagement, of a $49+ million store and 185+ employees
• Achieved a great working environment by ensuring that management treated employees appropriately, and consistently.
• Developed and implemented safety awareness programs to ensure that employees are safe, and work safe.
• Led in the strategy and planning of a corporate restructure of a location with over 185 employees; communicated information, assisted with resources by ensuring all employees were informed in a fair and consistent manner, which lead to smooth transition and overall positive morale.
• Planned, led and managed all volunteer events in the community from start to ﬁnish, collaborating with cross-functional staff to address the distinct needs of each project. Provided leadership for strategic, and tactical planning, time management and progress measurement, ensuring that all requirements and timeliness are met.
• Focused on resolving the highest priority issues in the most efficient order possible. Modeled management behavior to the highest degree and acted in various store operations roles as required by the needs of the store, or management
• Actively encouraged management to recognize and acknowledge outstanding performance.
• Provided coaching and guidance to management on employee relations and performance issues. Decided course of action based on Lowe's policies procedures. Assisted with preventative and disciplinary measures including, counseling and/or termination meetings.
• Implemented recruiting strategies tailored to the unique needs of the store, and initiated actions to promote positive community relations Anticipated talent needs and attracted a diverse workforce through proactive and effective recruiting, training, leadership development, and succession planning.
• Conducted investigations on a full range of employee relations issues, including sexual harassment, discrimination. Initiated appropriate resolution that is both corrective and preventative.
• Managed administrative functions such as beneﬁts, maintained employee personnel ﬁles, driver qualiﬁcations ﬁles, and payroll process.
• Managed all aspects of employee leaves of absence and ensured compliance with FMLA and tracking interdependencies in workers compensation, disability insurance and associated requirements Motivated and retained existing talent by anticipating human resource issues with consistent and effective application of company policies, management practices, and legal requirements. Human Resources Coordinator, 12/2004 – 05/2007
• Assisted the Human Resources Manager with administrative functions such as store scheduling, closing out payroll, updating and maintaining employee ﬁles, scheduling, and coordinating employee training of a $100+ million store, with over 350 employees
• Facilitated orientation and training for new hires.
• Scheduled, candidates for interviews, drug tests, and background check Coordinated events to promote employee engagement.
• Assisted with ensuring compliance with the WOTC for eligible new employees.
• Coordinated all aspects of the employee experience through acquisition, onboarding, and engagement.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Villanova University 2017
Human Resources Management
Mastering Organizational Effectiveness
Fluent in Spanish