SHEEJA ANIS, LL.B, CAMS, ACSI, CRCMP
Email: email@example.com Mobile: +974-********
LinkedIn: https://qa.linkedin.com/in/sheeja-anis-99725aa2 SUMMARY PROFILE
Legal professional with 24 years expertise in Litigation, Arbitration and Resolution of disputes related to Civil, Criminal, Commercial & Corporate laws, drafting & vetting of legal documents, contracts negotiation, legal research, case analysis & planning and policy development to ensure legal and regulatory compliance.
Persuasive communication, negotiation and organizational skills.
Analytical thinker and passionate problem solver with proven research skills.
Ability to read and interpret rules, regulations and new legislations and help management take operational decisions regarding the businesses.
Well versed with the compliance concepts, management and governance requirements.
Highly resourceful in developing compliance culture and fostering good working relationships with regulatory offices.
Ability to ensure the organization’s products and services meet with all legal and regulatory requirements.
Bachelor of Law [LLB] from Government Law College, India. CERTIFICATIONS:
CAMS - Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist from Association of Certified Anti Money Laundering Specialist (ACAMS), USA.
CISI – Certified in Global Financial Compliance & Qatar Financial Centre Rules & Regulations
CRCMP - Certified Risk and Compliance Management Professional from International Association of Risk and Compliance Professionals (IARCP), USA.
Master Certification in Corporate Contracts from Indian Academy of Law & Management.
Certified Anti-money Laundering and KYC Compliance Officer from V-Skills, a government of India undertaking.
Certified Intellectual Property Rights and Legal Manager from V-Skills, a government of India undertaking.
PERSONAL DATA: Indian [Resident Visa under husband's sponsorship], Holding valid Indian and Qatar Driving License.
AEROFREIGHT GROUP OF COMPANIES, QATAR- February, 2016-till date Working as a Legal Advisor in Aerofreight group of Companies, which is one of the leading freight forwarding companies in Qatar with diversified interests in Warehousing, Real estate, Infra-Structure projects, Office equipment’s etc., as the Sole Legal Advisor, in February 2016 and thereafter heading the Legal Department
• Responsible for negotiating and drafting of legal and business contract.
• Review of contracts and agreements to find areas of incompleteness, points of dispute and legal loopholes.
• Develop contract amendments and facilitate timely contractual problem resolution to minimize impact of service disruptions and to prevent legal disputes from becoming showstoppers.
• Assist the external lawyers in drafting case materials, conducting legal research, facts investigation and developing detailed litigation strategies for each case
• Responsible for developing, maintaining and reviewing Code of Conduct and ethical related policies, bylaws, and guidelines and ensuring its compliance.
• Develop Standing Operating Procedures for use across the organization.
• Support the organization in preventing, identifying, and correcting unlawful and unethical behavior at an early stage and act by the organization's values and respond to the alleged violations by recommending the initiation of investigative procedures.
• Support in monitoring, evaluating and reporting on organizational compliance with regulatory and legislative requirements.
• Support the Finance Department in recovering long-pending receivables without recourse to litigation.
• Take initiative to continuously develop skills and knowledge, and avail related training and career development opportunities.
• Lead the company in dispute resolutions with public sector entities like Kahramaa, Qatar Duty-Free etc.
• Served as liaison to external counsel for a multitude of special projects.
• Responsible for litigation case management, case file maintenance, responding to inquiries and requests from outside counsel, gathering documents in response to discovery requests.
• Liaise with Internal Auditing functions for evaluating and reporting on Organizational compliance with regulatory and legislative requirements.
• Work with the Human Resources Department and others as appropriate to develop Employment and Internal Contracts in compliance with Qatar Labour Laws, Company Manual, Policies and Procedures, updating Employee Handbook and developing an effective compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing training for all employees and managers. GULF LEGAL CONSULTANTS, Qatar - September 2014 – January 2016 Worked as Legal Consultant in the Contracts, Commercial and Corporate Division of Gulf Legal Consultants, member of the Legal 500, a premier national law firm in Qatar, headed by founder Mr Jumah Nasser A Al- Kaabi and Co-founder Mr Anas Sameer Al-Merstani from September 2014 to February 2015 Responsibilities:
• Provide analytical support to many organizations in drafting, studying, evaluating and modifying the business contracts and agreements of the organization, including intellectual property, non- compete and non-disclosure, employment, service, and lease agreements to protect Company interests, as per the instructions.
M/S WARRIER & WARRIER, High Court of Kerala, India. Oct 2010 – Jul 2014 Kerala's premier Civil Litigation firm with the strongest litigation practice, headed by designated Senior Mr. T. Krishnan Unni which focused on providing its diverse group of client's in depth legal expertise.
• Conducted more than 500 Appeals & Writ petitions involving substantial questions of law before the Hon’ble High Court of Kerala.
• Successfully challenged many State actions of regularization of backdoor appointments, completely jettisoning the very constitutional scheme.
• Successfully challenged State Government's irrational and unreasonable parameters to be met by CBSE schools for obtaining NOC to ultimately obtain affiliation.
• Was appointed by the Honorable Court as Amicus Curiae to assist it in complex matters and as Advocate Commissioner in order to ascertain disputed facts in contested matters. M/S N. K. Unnikrishnan & Associates, Thrissur, Kerala, India, Feb 1994 – Oct 2010 A firm, well known for its Civil, Criminal & Commercial Advocacy before the High Court of Kerala, District and suburban courts of Thrissur.
• Deftly conducted more than 1500 cases
• Fecundity of legal arguments has procured favorable results in highly complex medical negligence cases; has represented victims, as well as the doctors and the institutions.
• Practice areas also covered prosecuting and defending white collar crimes.
• Procured settlements in many cases after due negotiations including:
Ten Million Rupees for my Client from the Motor Accidents Claim Tribunal.
Twenty Million Rupees for a School, run by a Trust and several others. Was a member of the Panel of Lawyers for many hospitals, schools, govt. undertakings, financial institutions including:
Kerala State Financial Enterprises, the biggest non-banking financial institution in the public sector in Kerala, with branch strength of 495 branches
Manappuram Finance Limited, a non-banking financial company and India’s largest listed & highest credit rated gold loan company, with over 3200 branches