347-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org BRONX, N.Y.
JOHN JAY COLLEGE OF CRIMINAL JUSTICE NEW YORK, N.Y. Bachelor of Science, Fraud Examination and Financial Forensics May 2018 PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Weill Cornell Medicine New York, N.Y.
Patient Coordinator (Temp) June 2019-Present
• Responsible for front-end revenue cycle processes.
• Responsible for verifying and obtaining insurance pre-authorizations for medical treatment.
• Ensure that patients provide any pre-visit documentation, pre-certifications, or authorizations for medical services as needed, and/or a referral, if required.
• Answer phones, respond to inquiries, and triage calls to appropriate personnel.
• Schedule, confirm, re-schedule and cancel appointments for both new and existing patients using data management system.
• Arrive patients in the practice management system to notify clinical team when patients are checked in and ready to see the physician.
• Educate patients about the patient portal and encourage patient participation. Metropolitan Dental Associates New York, N.Y.
Front Office Supervisor/Admin./Insurance Specialist/ Biller June 2014- Jan 2017
• Successfully implemented leadership skills in supervising, training, and mentoring front office staff of 5-8 employees. Responsible for schedule optimization, punctuality management, and attendance of front desk employees.
• Improved patient satisfaction and significantly minimized turn-over rates by assessing patient’s needs, absorbing patient feedback, identifying/ recommending solutions, and constructing new procedures in operations that specifically catered to patient’s needs consequently increasing production.
• Highly committed to deliver a dental office experience that improves patient’s dental health and overall confidence.
• Held meetings with office manager to address employee and operations concerns and implement effective ideas and changes for quality client relationships.
• Displayed successful decision-making abilities and discernment by reaching fair and equitable solutions to discrepancies andcomplaints. Applied strong critical thinking and problem solving skills to promptly address difficult situations.
• Implemented mathematical and organizational skills to process and reconcile payments, efficiently maintaining patient accounts, and ensuring smooth operations of accounts receivable/payable.
• Confidently communicated precise knowledge of a vast variety of dental insurance plans educating patients and treatment doctors regarding plan maximums, deductibles, and co-payments. Provided patients with financing options while always catering to their financial and treatment plan needs. Conducted accurate payment transactions involving cash, checks, and credit cards.
• Used strong time-management skills to verify dental insurance eligibility for 100 or more patients daily. Processed claims, explanation of benefits, adjustments, and statements. Followed up on insurance claims for timely payments.
• Easily acquired data management skills, and adapted to new systems and technologies. Provant Health Solutions New York, N.Y.
On- Site Client Provider (Per Diem) DEC 2012- JUN 2014
Worked with a team providing wellness programs for companies such as J.P. Morgan Chase with the purpose of improving client health, and lowering company healthcare costs.
Performed vital sign, cholesterol, and blood glucose level readings. Calculated body mass index, body fat percentages, and waist to hip ratios of clients.
Used critical thinking/ analytical skills to asses client results delivering solutions with a focus on achieving healthier numbers. Riverdale Oral Surgery BRONX, N.Y.
Insurance Specialist/ Administrative Assistant/Oral Surgery Assistant FEB 2013- SEPT 2013
• Consulted with patients concerning treatment plans/insurance coverage while catering to specific financial/dental needs.
• Managed calendars/schedules. Conducted insurance verification. Performed ad-hoc administrative tasks.
• Politely answered phones, redirected calls to appropriate staff, scheduled, and confirmed appointments.
• Efficiently assisted oral surgeon in a vast array of surgical procedures. Prepped patients for intravenous sedation.
• Insured safety of all patients and employees by effectively practicing universal precautions and sterilization techniques.
• Practiced compliance with government regulations and laws by maintaining precise logs of sedation drugs. SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Fluent in English/ Spanish. Highly skilled in customer service and engagement, Member of Association of Certified Fraud Examiners/Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists/ALPFA member. Knowledge of Enterprise Risk Management Framework, Sarbanes- Oxley and Compliance matters, Bank Secrecy Act, Office of Foreign Asset Control, U.S Patriot Act, FinCen, GAAP, Suspicious Activity Reports, Securities Exchange Commission filings. Familiar with Lexis Nexis, and conducting material research. Microsoft Office Suite, Specializing in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. SPSS for data analytics. EPIC data management system.