Apt 4, 3561 Rue Hutchison, Montreal, Québec H2X 2G9
Enthusiastic, highly motivated Aerospace graduate with proven analytical skills, who like to take initiative and seek out new challenges. Team player and easy-to-go, having completed multiple graduate class projects and three successful internships. Detail-oriented, hardworking who is good at grasping new technical concepts quickly & utilizing the same in a productive manner. Proficient in a range of modern technical tools including Catia v5, Ansys, Abaqus, Pro-e, Auto-CAD, MS-Office.
• Mechanical concepts knowledge
• Team collaboration
• Public speaking
• Critical reasoning
• Simulation and modelling
• Design and analysis
• FEM software (ABAQUS, ANSYS, SCO3,LS-DYNA, Hyper mesh)
• Design (CATIA V5, AutoCAD, Pro-E, NX 10)
• MATLAB, C++, VBA
• BAAN (ERP)
Mechanical Integrity Support Siemens Canada Limited - Montreal, Quebec 09/2018 - 12/2018
• Performed the Mechanical Integrity on the impingement plate (Negative Poisson Ratio structure) and multi-walled blade using the in-house software (Sc03) with the primary purpose to obtain desired stresses and temperatures.
• Tasked with the design & analysis of Impingement plate (NPR structure/Geometry) for Rig test, i.e., from conceptual stage to rig test/engine test.
• Produced the mesh files for the aero-engine (SGT-8000H & SGT-9000HL) components and its assemblies using NX and applied boundary conditions using SC03.
• Analyzed the structural & thermal stresses on the NPR Impingement plate model, whose actual design was installed in the engine for engine testing. (To match the test data with FEA results)
• Completed the stress and thermal analysis of SGT-8000H components & their assemblies (Ring segment, vane carrier & impingement plate) and compared the results with test data.
• Optimized the current impingement plate model with NPR structure (with respect to aspect ratio & /radius of the pimples/dimples) to achieve lower stresses and temperatures i.e., performing back to back comparisons.
• Performed the fatigue/creep analysis of the NPR structures, to understand the structural behavior under mechanical loading.
• Coordinated with different engineering groups regarding the test
results, component information to achieve the project goal.
• Involved in group meetings, report writings and periodical technical
Project/Design Intern Godrej Aerospace - Mumbai, MH
06/2014 - 07/2014
• Prepared, checked and coordinated documentation to support
engine tubing component design and application.
• Supported airframe (BrahMos Missile) structural engineering design
through analysis and simulation of prototypes and computer models.
• Worked with product planners and industrial designers to
conceptualize and refine product concepts.
• Coordinated technical development, scheduling and problem
solving for engineering design and test problems.
• Created CAD drawings using CATIA to convey manufacturing and
• Tasked with process planning of different components of a rocket
• Strengthened product records using Godrej ERP software BAAN, by
updating the new data and maintaining components & assemblies
as an item.
• Prepared product structure as BOM in BAAN by linking components
to respective assemblies.
• Maintained Configuration in BAAN, i.e., maintaining configuration
item for purchased components & as well as for manufacturing
• Devised ways and methods, for salvaging deviated or deformed
components and raw materials.
• Involved in group meetings and presentations.
Engineering Intern-Manufacturing Plant ZF Steering Gear India Ltd. -
Vadubudruk, MH 06/2013 - 07/2013
• Read and interpreted blueprints, technical drawings, schematics
and computer-generated reports.
• Studied manufacturing processes used by ZF Steering gear for
manufacturing power and mechanical steering systems.
• Communicated with engineering team and manufacturing team to
discuss methods to improve process and performance.
• Created engineering documentation, consisting of assembly
processes and reproduced a flow chart, for use in future projects.
• Understood product development cycle for the power &
mechanical steering systems, which included CAD data/drawings-
CAD designs-Manufacturing-Heat Treatment-Assembly-Testing-
Sample Approval-PPAP-Production-Quality Management.
• Learned the common manufacturing concept Kanban; workplace
organization method 5S.
EDUCATION McGill University, Montréal, QC 2018
Master of Engineering: Aerospace Engineering
I.I.A.E.I.T, Pune, India 2015
Bachelor of Technology: Aerospace Engineering
ACCOMPLISHMENTS • ENA Hands-On Engine/Aircraft Workshop-Certificate-2017; Engine
Familiarization certificate (PT6)
• Certificate of participation- Skill development course – CATIA V5 and
• Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE 2015 -
Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering)-Qualified & Ranked 516 (All
India Rank - 516/3970; Score - 376/1000)
• Stood 1st in a robotics workshop held by Sparks Lab and Techniche
(Annual Techno-Management festival, IIT Guwahati); TECHNOSIA-
2014 Participation Certificate-Aeromodelling workshops at Pune and
Mumbai; organized by Aero-trix. (2014)
Worked under Prof. Richard Chromik, Associate Professor, Materials and
Mining Dept, McGill University for a university research project.
Project : Cold spray Modelling (CATIA V5) and Splat Adhesion Test using
Duration: 5 months.
Splat adhesion test; Modelled a 3D axisymmetric model to understand how
the cold sprayed particles detach from the substrate and to
determine/identify a point where brittle failure vs ductile failure occurs.
Performed the dynamic analysis to understand the crack propagation
during the particle impact on the substrate.
For the Cold sprayed particles embedded into the substrate; analyzed how
the depth of penetration affects the removal of splats, i.e., the structural
integrity was studied for different composites.
Analysis performed to determine the adhesion strength of cold sprayed
particles to substrates and previously sprayed coatings, done using
University Course Project
Title: Simulation of Bird impact on the cockpit panel of an aircraft using LSDYNA,
December 2017. (Group Project under Bombardier Personnel)
Team Size: 5
Aim of the project: Analyze the experimental values with the simulation
results of bird impact on composite cockpit panel.
Software used: Hyper mesh, LS-DYNA, MS PowerPoint, MS word