**** *********** ***** • Rockford, IL • 61107
P: 815-***-**** • E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Agent of market share growth. A thought-leader offering progressive experience, primarily with some of the nation’s most recognized names in retail. A track record of achieving significant results through multi-channel marketing, content development, public relations and community action. A career defined by building businesses through share of market and share of mind. A leader with an experienced understanding of the importance of providing great ideas, establishing distinctive business identities and growing profitable relationships.
Areas of Expertise
Integrated Marketing • Brand Development • Strategic Planning/Analysis
Budget Administration • Resource Management • Creative Direction • Content Development
SEARS HOLDINGS CORPORATION 2013-Present
Marketing Manager / Strategic Planning
Develop Annual/Seasonal marketing, promotional and media plans with various merchandising, store and sales support functions; to include Local store, BU-specific and digital integration for the Sears and Kmart brands.
Lead the ongoing assessment of current business, along with developing and refining the value proposition for each BU category.
Translate that planning, along with Member data and Competitive analysis, into executable Marketing Briefs covering Programmatic, Creative and Tactical. Ensure that the deliverables meet the stated marketing goals and have cross channel adaptability.
Manage internal creative agencies development of marketing executions and lead coordination of seasonal photography between BU’s and studio. To include execution of circular and FSI programs, the annual Holiday Wish Book and digital Weekly Ads.
Associate Creative Director/Creative Planning Manager / Integrated Marketing Communications
Responsible for collaborating with various marketing, merchandising and digital business stakeholders to drive the creative development and production of multi-channel integrated retail messaging for the Sears and Kmart brands. To include:
• Brand development, on-going communication and execution of Sears format brand standards, brand strategy, campaigns and promotions, business and creative briefing as well as postmortems
• Support Creative Director with respect to: creative guidance, direction and strategy for the Sears brand to Sears Holdings Corp. and all internal and external agencies and resources
• Translate storewide, brand, business unit, financial services and loyalty marketing objectives and strategies into high ROI/ROA, customer-centric, on-brand messaging and creative
• Ensure the integrity, accuracy and integration of the brand across all advertising, marketing communications and customer touch points
SAKS INCORPORATED / CARSON PIRIE SCOTT
Director of Promotions and Publicity 1989-2002
Charged with the establishment of a new sales support marketing area after the acquisition of Carson Pirie Scott by PA Bergner & Co. Conceived, created, and managed the execution of corporate branding, promotional, special event, sponsorship, public relations, and community initiatives for this $1.5B regional department store retailer. Three-time Chairman of the Board recipient. Provided leadership to team that:
• Brought in more than $25 million in incremental sales over seven years (with a 50% average gross margin) after identifying a new business opportunity in licensed sportswear; which included major sponsorship as Official Chicago Bulls Team Shop
• Created the community initiative (identified as a corporate Best Practice) “Charge Against Breast Cancer,” which not only raised brand awareness but also impacted customer use of proprietary charge cards by as much as +4% annually; but has raised over $3M in donations to breast cancer research
·• Developed the “Goodwill Sale” event, negotiating all aspects of the partnership with Goodwill Industries and producing all public relations, advertising, and event plans. The event, also cited as a corporate Best Practice, has generated more than $40M to date in revenue for Goodwill;
• Generated over $250K in annual revenue with upwards of $75K in incremental income with introduction of promotional merchandise lines; managed P&L in the sales promotion area which allowed company to save upwards of $420K in operating expense;
• Charged with direction and production of the annual Saks Incorporated Key Management meeting and vendor appreciation event, which is a multi-day, multi-venue, multi-media event that attracts over 250 senior executives and more than 700 vendor and resource partners.
Agency and other marketing leadership experience
SILVER LINING GROUP / STERLING SILVER CREATIVE
Senior Account Services Manager 2007-2012
Recruited by President of company to provide overall strategic business development support, project management and leadership to client base and Account Services team of retail creative agency/digital photography studio. To include the development and implementation of strategic marketing, advertising, creative and communication plans. Charged with effective client budget development and control. Delivered company’s highest profitability rate.
Client list included: Sears, Kohl’s, JCPenney/Gifting Grace, Art Van Furniture, BJ Alan Co./Phantom Fireworks, Fannie May, Bass Pro Shops, The Room Place, US Acrylics, Springs Windows.
UNITED WAY OF ROCK RIVER VALLEY
Vice President Communications & Resource Development 2006
Responsible for providing leadership to all marketing and fund-raising activities; to include the development and implementation of strategic marketing, communication and relationship building plans. Effectively brought areas back on schedule (marketing production and planning) for 2006 campaign; led public relations response to “new” United Way initiatives. Recaptured significant pledge losses from 2005 campaign; efficiently restructured and filled staff openings
GANNETT/ROCKFORD REGISTER STAR
Senior Account Executive / Financial Segment 2003-2006
Provided overall marketing expertise in respect to growing revenue and sales for both clients and the newspaper. Initial focus on local business; grew ad revenues +49% year over year in territory; promoted to senior level, along with additional responsibility for key Financial Advertiser segment. Exceeded revenue goals by 17.5%. Earned Director’s Club status.
Bachelor of Science, Journalism from Northern Illinois University
Common Council Member, The Medical College of Wisconsin
Youth Mission Trip Leader, Appalachia Service Project/Tennessee
Youth Mission Trip Leader, Youthworks/Pine Ridge Reservation, South Dakota
Youth Mission Trip Leader, Appalachia Service Project/West Virginia
Marketing Planning Committee Member, The Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin