JANET DITOZA GOMES
Mobile Residence Email
98550500 or 66534804 22630159 email@example.com Nationality: Indian
Marital Status: Single
Secretarial Experience: 14 years — Bilingual
E D U C A T I O N
1986 All India Senior School Examination Certificate majoring in Commerce, Accountancy and
New Indian School, Kuwait
Languages: Excellent English
Fair in reading, writing and speaking Arabic
Pitman Secretarial Centre — Institute of Private Education, Kuwait Sept. 1986 — June 1987 Pitman Secretarial First Class Distinction Diploma
(Stood First out of 300 students)
- English Typing — 65 wpm - Business Correspondence
- Arabic Typing — 35 wpm - Word & Data Processing - Secretarial Duties
- Shorthand — 90 wpm - Office Practice
British Council, Kuwait
October 2014 to June 2015 General Certificate of Secondary Education in Arabic Language – Grade B
Listening – A. Reading – A
Speaking – B. Writing – C
Islamic Presentation Committee, Kuwait
October 2010 to January 2011 Arabic Language Level 6 March 2007 to June 2007 Arabic Language Level 5
February 2005 to June 2005 Arabic Language Level 4 September 2004 to January 2005 Arabic Language Level 3 March 2004 to June 2004 Arabic Language Level 2
- 2 -
Polyglot Language Institute, Kuwait
22/10/1988 — 22/4/1989 Arabic Language Level 1 (Revision after studying Arabic in school).
Supplemental Courses Taken:
In order to enhance my secretarial skills, I obtained the following qualifications: New Horizons Computer Learning Centre, Kuwait
3/9/1998 - 14/10/1998 Beginning & Intermediate Access 22/8/1998 - 26/8/1998 Outlook
20/8/1998 - 21/8/1998 Frontpage
25/7/I 998 - 31/7/1998 Beginning & Intermediate Powerpoint 18/7/1 998 - 22/7/1998 Beginning Corel Draw 7.0
11/7/1998 - 15/7/1998 Internet
Delta Training Centre, Kuwait
14/10/1995 - 18/10/1995 Microsoft Excel
12/5/1996 - 28/5/1996 Microsoft Word Advanced Level 07/10/1995 -11/10/1995 Microsoft Word
Info Centre, Kuwait
26/8/1995 - 30/8/1995 Microsoft Windows
19/8/1995 - 23/8/1995 PC & DOS
My residence permit is transferable and I am able to start work immediately. My work experience in all the companies included all routine Human Resources & Executive Secretarial duties, as listed below:
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
EXECUTIVE SECRETARIAL Duties:
• Independent correspondence in English and Arabic typing as required.
• Act on confidential matters and maintain confidentiality at all times, especially when working with management.
• Follow-up of important telephone calls to be made by the management.
• Follow-up with work goals and objectives as required by the management.
• Assist the management in all company activities and outstanding matters.
• Schedule important meetings.
• Prepare confidential letters and faxes as required by the management.
• Prepare the Agenda and Minutes of weekly management meetings using Dictaphone.
• Prepare travel schedules and make flight and hotel reservations for the management’s trips abroad.
- 3 -
EXECUTIVE SECRETARIAL Duties (Cont.)
• Shorthand dictation and transcription of letters, facsimiles, memos, emails and minutes of weekly management meetings
• Prepare detailed reports via Microsoft Word as well as Microsoft Excel using specific calculations.
• Willing to learn and take on new responsibilities that enhance my professional abilities.
• Use email for follow-up and provision of information for management and colleagues.
• Maintain an up-to-date address and contact information on Microsoft Outlook
• Maintain an up-to-date electronic filing system as well as box files for quick and easy referral.
AT POWER PLUS ADVERTISING CO.
1/11/2017 – Present
Position: Executive Secretary to the Managing Director
• All Executive Secretarial duties as listed above.
• Proofread and correct English language and grammar in Annual Reports, Catalogues, Brochures, Banners, Flyers, Invitation Cards before printing.
• Proofread and correct English Advertisements for outdoor advertising on LED Unipoles, MUPIs, Shop Signboards, Billboards, Taxi / Bus Advertisements & Newspapers.
• Arrange for decorative led lighting, street lighting and balloon decorations for inauguration ceremonies, Ramadan, etc. for company retail outlets, hospitals, etc.
• Maintain an up-to-date list of all Kuwait’s newspapers advertising rates.
• Review daily all of Kuwait’s newspapers – English and Arabic for advertisements published by the company for our clients.
AT TQ LOGISTICS SERVICES WLL
1/7/2012 – 2013
Position: Human Resources Officer
Reason for Leaving: I stopped working in 2013 to take care of my elderly father who was sick.
• Follow-up with the Deputy Managing Director & Training Contracts Manager for recruitment for the company.
• Review hundreds of applications and shortlist applicants as per the company’s criteria.
• Correspond independently with all shortlisted applicants (all Native English speakers namely American, Australian, British and Canadian) to obtain complete documentation for the application process.
• Obtain educational qualifications, professional qualifications, copies of passport for identification and written references from previous or present employers.
• Ensure that all applicants fill in the Application Form correctly as per the requirement of Kuwait National Petroleum Corporation and its subsidiaries.
• Arrange selected applicants’ interviews via Skype or in person with the Deputy Managing Director or Training Contracts Manager.
• Maintain an up-to-date electronic filing system of all selected applicants as per their profession and qualifications.
• Maintain up-to-date staff records and personnel files in confidence. Cont. 4/-
- 4 -
AT BASIC GENERAL TRADING & CONTRACTING CO.
7/2/2012 – 30/6/2012
Position: Temporary Operations Officer to the CEO & Deputy General Manager
• Follow-up on work goals and objectives as required by the CEO & DGM.
• Attend meetings with various consumer retail outlets in Kuwait, namely the Sultan Center, Geant, Lulu Hypermarket, Ace Hardware & True Value for the supply and stock of American & New Zealand’s Pet Food recently introduced to Kuwait’s market.
• Prepare the agenda and minutes of management meetings as well as meetings with retail outlets and clients.
• Follow-up with various consumer retail outlets for the renewal of contracts or establish new contracts.
• Follow-up with purchase orders, prepare invoices and instruct the warehouse to deliver consignments to various retail outlets.
• Coordinate with various Event Organizers in Kuwait to set up and organize the company’s stall/booth attractively for exhibitions, inclusive of advertising, banners, posters and pricing.
AT MENA REAL ESTATE CO.
25/3/2006 – 11/10/2010
Position: Executive Secretary to the Projects Development Manager & Senior Deputy CEO.
• All Executive Secretarial duties as listed above.
• Use Aconex – an online document management and web collaboration system to manage information for projects of all sizes in construction, engineering and facilities management.
• Prepared the Projects Development Department’s Procedures Manual.
• Categorize and systemize hundreds of brochures/catalogues/leaflets for Construction, Structural, Mechanical and Engineering Works.
AT MIDDLE EAST AIRLINES:
15/7/2004 – 24/3/2006
Position: Executive Secretary to the General Manager
• All Executive Secretarial duties as listed above, required by the General Manager.
• Assist First Class and Business Class Passengers with their confirmed flight bookings.
• Follow-up with airport staff to ensure the provision of passenger’s special catering on flight, medical treatment and to ensure that unaccompanied children are taken care of at the airport.
• Send important and confidential messages to branch offices and other companies via telex as required by the General Manager.
• Prepare monthly reports of all Rebated tickets issued by the Airline. IN REFRIGERATION & OXYGEN LTD.:
5/8/2003 – 30/6/2004
Position: Temporary Executive Secretary to the Senior Vice President. All Executive Secretarial duties as listed above. Cont. 5/-
- 5 -
AT GLOBAL INVESTMENT_HOUSE:
2/1/2000 – 30/4/2003
Position: Executive Secretary to the Vice Chairman and Managing Director All Executive Secretarial duties as listed above.
IN AL-SALAM HOSPITAL:
2/10/1999 – 31/12/1999
Position: Temporary Executive Secretary to the Director of Non-Clinical Services. All Executive Secretarial duties as listed above.
IN HEMPEL PAINTS (KUWAIT) W.L.L.:
5/6/1999 – 30/9/1999
Position: Temporary Executive Secretary to the General Manager All Executive Secretarial duties as listed above.
AT THE VIDEO CLUB:
1/4/1992 – 28/2/1999 and 15/2/1988 – 2/8/1990
Position: Executive Secretary to the Managing Director.
• All Executive Secretarial duties as listed above, required by the Managing Director.
• Assist the Managing Director in smooth operation of the company’s five video shops in Kuwait by seeing to the stock control/supply of VHS tapes, audio cassettes, compact discs, laser discs, CD-ROM and audio storage accessories.
• Deal and make orders with other video companies in Kuwait with regard to video and audio stock/releases.
• Deal with clients in Kuwait and Dubai for advertisement bookings/orders on Kuwait cinema as well as video releases in Kuwait.
• Prepared Hotel Video Programmes for six hotels in Kuwait, namely Crowne Plaza Hotel, Hilton Hotel, Holiday Inn, Meridien Hotel, Radisson SAS Hotel and Messila Beach Hotel. IN COSME MATIAS MENEZES (Goa, India):
3/12/1990 – 15/2/1992 (During the Invasion of Kuwait) Position: Asst. Executive Secretary to the Chairman
• All Executive Secretarial duties as listed above, required by the Chairman.
• Send important and confidential messages to branch offices and other companies via telex as required by the Chairman.
• Provided secretarial assistance to the Company Lawyer in shorthand dictation and transcription of contracts, lease deeds, powers of attorney and agreements. Cont. 6/
- 6 -
8/1/1988 - 11/2/1988:
Position: Temporary Replacement Site Secretary to the Resident Engineer All Secretarial duties as listed above, required by the Resident Engineer for the Kuwait University Car Park Project.
IN AL-SHURAFA CONSTRUCTION & CONTRACTING CO.:
1/7/1987 - 3 1/12/1987:
Position: Temporary Secretary to the Managing Director
• All Secretarial duties as listed above, required by the management.
• Send important and confidential messages to branch offices and other companies via telex as required by the management.
NOTE: References will be given upon request.