Thomas L. Williams, III
Durham, NC 27713
NCID, Mainframe, AS400, FTS, Kodak proprietary software applications (with multiple level agreements), Beacon,
RACF, Lotus Notes, SAP, Active Directory, UNIX, Linux, and Allscripts proprietary PM, HL7 and CM software
Excel, Access, Windows 2003,2007,2010, XP, MS Word, Power Point, Outlook, WordPerfect 5.0, and Db3,
Remedy, HEAT, First Choice, LANDesk, Allscripts, Salesforce and Magic. Service Now
Microsoft 70-333, 70-334 in progress
Acclaim Systems, Inc.(Verizon)
Service Desk Tier 4 Analyst 4/2018- 4/2019
Monitor incoming Service now incident queue, assume ownership of issues cant be resolved by 1st two tier agents
System Admin for RedSky(E911) account creation,deletion, and password resets.
System Admin for Microsoft O365 for granting and removal of Skype for Business licenses
Troubleshooting of all Skype for Business issue with Verizon Polycom phone system
Running, creating and using Powershell commands to fix and resolve issue with Sip ID's,assign vacant DID's, and removal of user Sip Id's from system
Assist user's with all Connectivity issue over phone and or escalate issue
Department of Health and Human Services Durham NC
Application/Production Support Help Desk Analysts 5/1/2016- 10/2018
Monitoring incoming issues unable to be resolved by front line Help Desk staff by diagnosing the root cause and resolving isolated issues or, if required, escalating customer issues to development staff.
Closely work with business and technical teams to troubleshoot issues with a focus on determining root cause to prevent recurrence.
Work with multiple groups through complex issues that include replicating, isolating and identifying a root cause while providing workarounds and testing, fixes, and patches, and may assist with setup of staging or test environments.
Act as Liaison between Business, Program Management, System Development and A&I Tech Architects to coordinate any system change requests being created, budgeted, approved and implemented.
Recommendation of product and process improvement strategies based on perceived trends or patterns in field issues.
BMC Remedy used for ticketing tracking and NC Fast application used for replication and diagnosing issues.
HCL of America Durham NC
Sr. Service Desk Analyst 11/2014 – 4/29/2016
Act as a single point of contact for phone calls and emails from staff regarding IT issues and queries
Receiving, logging and managing calls from internal staff via telephone and email
Maintaining an Asset Database and track changes
1st and 2nd line support - troubleshooting of IT related problems from in-house software to hardware, such as Blackberry's, Laptops, PCs and Printers
Troubleshoot basic network issues such as connectivity
Escalate unresolved calls to the infrastructure support team via Service Now ticketing tool
Log all calls in the Service Desk Call Logging system (SCSM)
AS400 acount password resets
Take ownership of user problems and follow up the status of problems on behalf of the user and communicate progress in a timely manner
Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles
Provide basic in-house training in MS Office applications used within the Association (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Publishing support documentation to assist staff with requests for information & provide staff training if required
Basic Active Directory knowledge. Creating user accounts, reset passwords, create groups etc.
VOIP Cisco Unity phone setup and configuration and password resets for all users.
Installation of software via Altiris.
Remote access via WebEx console and or Skype for business to resolve client application issues.
Active Directory and SAP inquiries and password resets.
Service Catalog and Oracle accounts creations for access as well as specific requested responsibilities.
Domain access tools used Citrix and VDI.
Cisco Systems Durham, NC RTP
Incident Analyst 10/2013- 04/2014
• 24/7 Monitoring and Incident Recording via EMAN Monitoring Systems
• Escalations via Remedy tracking tool
• Incident Recording and Documentation
• Incident Communication to Shift Leads, and Operation Duty managers
• Request Processing and Incident Reporting
• Bridge Coordination for Executive Communication support
• Investigation and analysis of incident, coordination, monitor and facilitate all departments, teams and 3rd party • Case management of ongoing incidents per SLA's and GSA's
• Analysis of all action required and Business impact and provide all relevant information of incident
• Engage Service Providers and Corporate Incident Management to determine root cause analysis and resolution
• Answer questions regarding services status and reports of service failures; and updating customers and IT
Department of Employment Security Commission Raleigh, NC
Technical Support Specialist 10/2012-12/2012
• Receiving and responding to incoming helpdesk calls
• Identify and record problem issues via Helpdesk
• Assign tickets to correct support group
• Maintain records related to issues and affected resources
• Interaction with ESC and networking partners
• Support of VOIP systems
• Assist users with helpdesk hardware and software application issues.
Web Assign Raleigh, NC
Customer Support Specialist I 08/2012-10/2012
• Effectively and efficiently assisting our customers via Helpdesk with both internal and external functional and technical product support of the Web Assign application.
• Represent the Web Assign organization with external customers and provide first line of service when issues arise within the application. Respond to customer inquiries and resolve problems via phone, email and web chat.
• Record customer interactions in ticketing database using Salesforce.
• Able to demo Web Assign features and tools via Helpdesk
• Able to train new users on course creation and roster options, assignment creation, scheduling (including propagation) and how to view results (responses, scores, logs).
• Able to answer advanced content and pricing questions (e.g. available tools & resources like eBooks, PSPs, etc.).
• Able to discuss Gradebook setup, score upload and download options.
• Able to discuss Communication feature options and suggest best practices.
• Able to discuss student view including login issues, payment and code registration options, assignment and resource features and communications functionality.
Allscripts (contract) Raleigh, NC 12/2010-8/2011
Client Support Analyst
• Respond to requests for assistance from clients experiencing problems with software, hardware, or operating system difficulties via telephone or Internet for client's Electronic Health Records (EHR) via Helpdesk.
• Meet or exceed acceptable productivity and quality standards.
• Read distributed documentation regarding software and hardware changes and enhancements in order to be able to provide current information to clients.
• Provide accountability for the resolution of the client's problem by documenting and monitoring the progress of the call and the steps being taken and escalating as needed. Interact with clients with a professional, courteous manner to promote client satisfaction via helpdesk.
• Create documentation when knowledge can be shared. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned. Microsoft 2010 email system was used to communicate within the department.
• Used various methods such as RDP or VPN into client servers to troubleshoot the issue site is having with the Electronic Healthcare application also ran various SQL scripts to resolve issues client had within patient's charts.
Kodak, Inc. (contract) Durham, NC 02/2010-8/2010
Technical Support Technician
• Providing operational instructions, repair and technical support over the national hotline for Retail printing picture products on a daily basis to Retail Operators via Helpdesk.
• Responds to incoming calls, e-mails or Remote Access requests to assist operators with technical issues regarding equipment operation, troubleshooting, and repair, used various VPN and RDP tools for remote access into some client systems.
• Assists the customer in properly diagnosing equipment problems and connectivity issues to restore and ensure functionality to all photo lab's, master lab's, processor's and picture kiosk, router, switches and other related equipment. Microsoft 2007 email system was used to communicate with client and co-workers.
• If determined, dispatch Field Engineers to service the equipment. Evaluate if component(s) replacements are needed.
• Establishes and maintains effective customer relations and seeks to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction by improving equipment operation and reducing downtime of the equipment.
• Used Vantive ticketing tool, Lotus notes and Citrix server for remote access, and performs other related duties as required.
PBM Graphics Durham, NC 6/09-9/09
Support Technician/Laser Op.(contract)
• Cutting customer and engineered designed swatch patterns into MLB, NBA, NHL, and NFL Upper Deck trading cards using a class one laser.
Department of Health and Human Services-DHHS Raleigh, NC
Desktop Support Technician (contract) 12/08-5/09
• Installation of Microsoft Outlook client onto desktops.
• Configure Microsoft Outlook client to access ITS Microsoft Exchange server.
• Configure Microsoft Outlook client to access ITS LDAP server.
• Import local user email folders into ITS Microsoft Exchange environment.
• Import user's local address books from a variety of email clients into the Microsoft Outlook client.
• Transfer user's Corporate Time calendar information into ITS Microsoft Exchange environment, using LANDesk and Transcend applications. Microsoft 2007 email was used to communicate within the department and clients to schedule appointments for migrating client from Thunderbird and Mozilla to Microsoft 2003-2007.
Department of Transportation Raleigh, NC
IT Customer Support Technician (contract) 6/08-12/08
• Call center help desk, troubleshooting, assisting users in resolving any existing issues with their PC/applications, Active Directory, LDAP, and NCID.
• Preformed password resets, suspended accounts, and system shut downs, configurations of accounts for internal and external Clients.
• Creating and accurately tracking issues using Heat and Remedy ticketing tools.
IBM Durham, NC
Customer Support Technician (contract) 10/06-11/07
• Call center Helpdesk, troubleshooting, assisting users in resolving any existing issues with their PC/applications, POS system and servers.
• Used First Choice ticketing Application, Lotus Notes email, password resets, suspended accounts, system shut downs, and computer errors and continued excellent customer service for all clients.
North Carolina Central University Computer Science