Patrick T. Whitsett
Greenwood, IN 46143
I have more than thirty years of engineering experience and mechanical development having been employed eleven years with Thomson Consumer Electronics and an additional eight years experience with Belcan and CAD/CAM Engineering. I have contributed and in some cases initiated a variety of collaborative cross-functional efforts at Thomson Consumer Electronics and am exceptionally qualified at problem solving, solution implementation, and process improvement. I have a patent award with a second patent pending approval. I truly enjoy the intellectual challenge that design provides and believe I would be a tremendous asset to a group requiring an engineer with an extensive technical background and the ability to interact successfully in a multi-disciplinary development setting.
Mechanical Engineer - Voxx International
5/16 - Present
Mechanical engineering support, product design of consumer electronics.
Transportation qualification and mechanical lab testing.
Cross collaboration with manufacturing, marketing departments.
Senior Designer - Belcan Technical Services 9/15 - 10/15
Part development for Rolls Royce.
Implementation of UGNX 9.
Mechanical Engineer - Kelly Services 4/15 – 6/15
Design and develop sheet metal parts for prototype Biometric- Beckman Coulter
Testing/research of sheet metal components and biometric pumps.
Implementation of Solid Works.
Senior Designer - Impulse 7/14 – 8/14
Senior Designer – Design and develop plastic parts for prototype of Sharpie ink pen.
Testing/research of plastic components.
Implementation of Pro E.
Senior Designer - P-K USA 2/14 – 4/14
Senior Designer – Design and develop plastic/sheet metal parts for the automotive industry.
Lead design and development of plastic/sheet metal/metal castings for new product line.
Implementation of UGNX 7.5.
Senior Designer - (B/E Aerospace), Belcan Technical Services 8/12 – 2/14
Responsibilities: Design and develop plastic/sheet metal parts for B/E Aerospace Corporation specifically in the development and redesign of commercial air plane seats.
Implementation of UGNX 7.5.
Responsibilities: Design and develop plastic/sheet metal parts for B/E Aerospace
Senior Designer - Value Engineering (Beckman Coulter), Adecco, Inc. 12/09 – 08/12
• Responsibilities: evaluation/testing of existing products to meet cost reduction efforts and
• Redesign of plastic/sheet metal centrifuge components to comply with FDA standards.
Documentation/BOMs of all Beckman Coulter product lines.
Shepherd Workshops – in house and venders.
Implementation of Solid Works.
Miller Consulting Group, Inc.
Mechanical Designer/Support 10/07 - 02/09
• IDEAS CAD support for ATK Launch Systems
• General Motors Allisons CAD Documentation of production units support UGNX4
• On Site support CAD part development UGNX3 Allisons Transmission ECTC Plant 20
• General Motors Engineering Support
Production Handling Systems, Inc.
Mechanical Engineering (Product Development) 03/07 - 06/07
• Engineer/Design/Documentation of production units to facilitate manufacturing material handling requirements.
• Implementation of various CAD systems currently Solid Works.
ETS Inc. - Elwood Staffing
Mechanical Engineering (Product Development) – Contractor 10/06 - 03/07
• Evaluation of current production units to facilitate manufacturing improvements/requirements.
• Investigating and testing current products to meet or exceed performance specifications
• Design new plastic injection parts and sheet metal parts for existing product and future development
• Implementation of various CAD systems (SDRC Ideas, Solid Edge, Autocad)
Thomson Consumer Electronics (formerly RCA)
Senior Designer, Engineering, and Mechanical Development, 12/94 – 8/2005
• Interacted and coordinated production failure revisions of third party manufacturers in support of product line manufacturing to determine solutions to meet schedule requirements.
• Provided input and direction for design teams as a member of various cross-functional core teams.
• Performed production specification evaluations of prototype products.
• Achieved testing of several products to ensure compliance with UL production standard requirements. Coordinated cross-functional submissions to UL to ensure regulatory compliance.
• Designed and developed various consumer parts from early rendering concepts to final production status. Proposed/Created multiple design concepts for sales and marketing organization for the development of unique products.
• Supported cost reduction efforts resulting in significant cost savings in several production models.
• Documented and tracked budget requirements and updates during design cycle meeting aggressive schedule commitments.
• Adapted existing design to include features incorporating two shot mold technology. Designed first parts to use cutting edge two shot mold technology.
• Primary materials regarding two show mold technology – polycarbonate and polystyrene.
• Ensured scheduled part verification milestones from vendor selection to tool sampling dates. Interacted with all stakeholders (Design Engineers, Suppliers, Manufactures, Sales, and Marketing) to ensure project mile stones were met from project inception to production.
• Provided manufacturing support for production start-up in manufacturing plants outside US. Traveled International to meet support manufacturing start-up.
• Customer design review and integrated production support.
• Integrated parametric software for the design of various electrical and mechanical components for many products.
Instrumental in testing damage boundaries and documenting results.
Belcan Technical Services
Engineering Technician, On Site Allison Transmission Division (GM) 11/93-12/94
• On site support for Allison Engineering Groups. ANSY compliant.
• Provided conversion support of CAD data from multiple legacy languages to current languages.
• Performed system management support and analysis for engineering services..
CAD/CAM Engineering Inc.
Technical Coordinator, On Site Allison Transmission Division (ATD-GM) 12/86 – 2/93
• Presented designs and developments at Allison milestone development meetings.
• Provided CAD design support for multiple projects data at ATD.
• Designed space claim layouts for world transmission series projects for ATD.
• Provided System Management support/analysis for engineering services.
Mechanical Engineering Technology Program - Purdue University Continuing Studies
Graduate Instructor, Introduction to Computervision - Indiana Vocational Technical College
Associates Degree of Applied Science, Industrial Technology - Indiana Vocational Technical College
SOFTWARE AND TECHNOLOGY EXPERTISE
Unigraphics NX 7.5
SDRC IDEAS: Master Model, drafting, and assembly
Sheet Metal Package Certification (SDRC IDEAS)
CADDS5-Computervision (UNIX experience)
ISO 9001 Mechanical Development and Production
Material UL approval evaluation
Damage boundary evaluation
Quality specification measurement testing
Drop and impact testing
Two shot molding technology
PATENTS AND AWARDS
DLP Light Dust Barrier (3/04, patent in review)
Speaker Input Power Connector Patent #7272236 09/18/2007
TCE Performance Design Award 2004
TCE Recognition Award for Innovation 2000
Wings of Success 2013 - Belcan