Results driven executive with a record of success in operations management and
several other corporate disciplines. Extensive experience in labor management, contracts, quality systems and governmental regulations. Vice President, Business Development - Takeform; Medina NY Jan - Jun 2019
Transitionary role post sale with P/L and Operations responsibility for Buffalo facility.
• Implementation new CRM and reporting system for sales.
• Created a nationwide key installer network for overall company in critical product areas.
• Increased sales in the Buffalo location through integration of Takeform products into existing channels.
President & Chief Executive Oﬃcer - PrintLeader; Buﬀalo NY 2007-2018 Developed an ESOP company acquiring the business from the former owner in 2008. Executed on sale of company to Takeform.
• Created a delivered on a long range strategic business plan for proﬁtable growth of new products and payoff of loans to buy business over a ten year period.
• Direction of internal sales and marketing, sales representatives, strategic partners and CRM support.
• Increased sales on strategic base and new product commercialization adding LEED products over a 10 year period 3.6 fold from $500k to $1.8M even with recession effects. Jettisoned low margin lines and implementation of pricing models to boost GM 8%.
• Implementation of OSHA safety plans.
Chief Financial Oﬃcer, Vice President Sales & Marketing - Flying Bison Brewing Company; Buﬀalo NY 2004-2007
• Developed and implemented excel based production and inventory systems. C 716-***-****
167 Smallwood Drive
Snyder, NY 14226
• Researched, developed and executed on distribution in Buffalo and into reminder of New York, Massachusetts and Pennsylvania. In addition, added contract manufacturing on off shifts of gluten free beers to boost volumes and efﬁciency.
• Increased sales on strategic base and new products over a 3 year period 2.5 fold while increasing gross margins via more proﬁtable captive brewery sales 10%.
• Contract negotiations with distributors, suppliers and DOT regulated alcohol shipping companies.
• Helped lead effort on sale to FX Matt Brewing in Utica, NY. Vice President, General Manager - Greatbatch (now Integer Holdings Corp); Buﬀalo NY 1989 - 2004
2002-2004 Vice President, General Manager Commercial Battery, Canton MA
• Direct oversight of operations implementing SAP systems.
• Reorganization of global sales team and marketing team by strategic commercial markets Aerospace & Military, Oil & Gas, Marine & Transportation and Industrial & Memory Back Up. Leadership of global distributor network (~30) along these market segments.
• Increased sales on average 5% per year while increasing gross margins 3% in a
• Military and other long term contract negotiations and implementation. 2000- 2002 General Manager, Emerging Technologies
• Commercialization of key Research and Development products such as implantable drug pumps for insulin delivery, LVAD and artiﬁcial heart Li-Ion battery packs, battery technologies for artiﬁcial eyesight and hearing. Created the ﬁrst company sales for many of these products. Led Sales & Marketing efforts.
• Leadership of Six Sigma quality efforts supervising black belts on production, product development and research projects.
• Global sourcing and sales into Japan, Europe and U.K. locations. Contract negation.
• Led Operations in a FDA regulated environment.
1997- 2000 Director, Medical Battery Engineering and Sales
• Direct sales of key accounts 40% of time and leadership of global sales and CRM support for 20 people of program managers and application engineers.
• Recast group into international regions North America, Europe and set up channel into Asia (Japan).
• Set up increased European presence through trade shows and distributors enhancement enabling a new customer base to be established and supported
• Increased sales on strategic platforms of battery chemistries into implantable cardiac rhythm markets 6% per year while maintaining high gross margins in a
1989 - 1997 Design Engineer, Commercial Battery and Director, Medical Battery Engineering
Duracell USA; Lexington and Valdese, NC locations, 1984 - 1989
• Technical management roles in automation design, programmable controllers, robotics and production for alkaline, mercury, silver zinc and lithium military batteries.
• New York State University at Buffalo, CEL Entrepreneurial Leadership Program 2008
• New York State University at Buffalo, MBA 1995
• Harvard University Executive Training Program 1991
• University of Akron Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering 1984 Awards and Certiﬁcations
• 16 US Patents
• 3 Small Business of the Year Awards with two different companies, 2006, 2009 and 2011. Selected to represent Western New York small business at a White House event.
• OSHA National Safety Award Zero Defect Recordable Incidents 2003
• Registered New York State Professional Engineer (PE) #067373
• Six Sigma Black Belt and Master Black Belt
• Kaizen, OSHA Safety and Carpal Tunnel Prevention Board and other aﬃliations
• Printleader, Chairman of the Board
• Western New York Magazine- Board Member
• Flying Bison Brewing Company- Board Member
• Advertising Club of Buffalo
• CEL Entrepreneurial Program Mentor
• Lifestar ( non-proﬁt airlift Company)
References available upon request