SHOGHIG “ELLE” MANOUKIAN
email@example.com LinkedIn URL https://www.linkedin.com/in/shoghig-manoukian-24728155/ CAREER SUMMARY
Human Resources Director • Human Resources Manager • Human Resources Business Partner
§ An energetic, driven professional that is committed to sound business and human resources practices with over 7 years of building and improving human resource internal processes following the Kaizan model of continuous improvement.
§ Avid multi-tasker with strong prioritization skills ensuring on time excellent customer service managing employee relations by developing relationships, coaching and mentoring, conducting investigations, documenting findings, and providing recommendations to mitigate legal risks.
§ Strong analytical ability to provide compensation analysis to ensure proper promotion and salary review policies are in place to track incentive plans and optimize current benefits for employees.
§ Promotes a high-performance culture developing a full-cycle recruiting, and training of employees and managers to ensure proper succession planning in place. AREAS OF EXPERTISE
§ Employee Relations
§ HR Metrics
§ Coaching and Mentoring
§ Benefits Administration
§ Talent Acquisition
§ OSHA Regulations
§ Employment Labor Law
§ Organizational Development
§ Performance Reviews
§ I-9’s, Visa’s
§ Workers Compensation
§ Project Management
Turner Techtronics, Burbank, CA April 2019 – September 2019 Technology Industry
Human Resources Director
Brought in to ensure company compliance with all state and federal regulations to withstand new contract and bring a more customer service orientated HR service center responsible for six locations and over 400 employees in CA, NY, DC, MN, and TX.
• Conducted full employee file audit ensuring state and federal compliance related to payroll, DOL and Labor, compensation, benefits, I-9 and training which increased manager satisfaction to 85%.
• Developed new recruiting, onboarding, and employee training process onboarding 93 employees in two months to meet hiring demand.
• Developed a culture of safety and performance coaching managers on how to address employee performance issues and helping to conduct and complete performance reviews to 87% completion.
• Initiated new free employee benefits and created a benefits guide to help employees understand how to use all services available to them via booklet, emails, slack messages, and events.
• Created a manager training that included payroll, time and attendance, employee management, and leadership skills which helped to decrease by 75% the time managers spend on paperwork. International School of Los Angeles, Burbank, CA August 2017 – April 2019 Private Education- Elementary, Middle, High School Human Resources Manager
Human Resources Manager responsible for 6 campuses and Corporate group totaling over 600 employees. Developed department from ground up as they have never had an HR department.
• Created payroll path and payroll compliance with ADP Workforce setting up employee portal, mobile ability, and employee homepage with benefits, forms, and company news and calendar.
• Created employee records system color coded with separate folders to include personnel files, benefits, health, workers compensation, visa’s while creating binders with how to guide’s on LOA’s, workers compensation, injuries, benefits administration, and new employee orientation or termination. Conducted full I-9 audit.
• Conducted health and safety trainings for all staff consisting of CPR/AED/First Aid, Child CPR, Bloodborne Pathogens, Preventative Health and Safety, Emergency Action Guide, and Injury Illness Prevention, and sexual harassment with activities, quizzes and interactive team building exercises.
• Assisted international employees with Visa and residency processes ensuring compliance with department of homeland security regulations.
• Created benefits fair for all employees to understand their insurance. Institute for Applied Behavior Analysis, Los Angeles, CA February 2017 – August 2017 Behavioral health clinics that work with adults on various levels of the spectrum. Operations Manager
Responsible for day to day operations of 12 clinics in CA and for the department of human resources, facilities, IT, and Purchasing traveling more than 80% of the time. Managed 15 direct reports and 8 assistants.
• Ensured compliance of HIPAA and patient confidentiality by ensuring all staff was re-trained and timely patient care and safety was a priority.
• Lowered X-mod from 3 to 1.6 and closed over 100 workers compensation cases and saving the company over $30,000 in yearly fees by instituting a new bloodborne pathogens protocol and worker safety program working directly with insurance carrier.
• Created new vendor management protocol and re-negotiated all vendor contracts reducing monthly operating cost by 37% ensuring access to procurement needs, and hospitality supported employee and patient needs.
• Relocated Camarillo Clinic to new site designing architecturally the facility, ensuring IT wiring needs, furniture purchase within the budget and scope of employee needs. Flight Line Products, Valencia, CA October 2014 – February 2017 Aerospace manufacturing facility building cushions, covers, seats, arm caps, and interior accessories. Human Resources Manager – Health, Safety, Facilities I managed the operation of the entire department of HR with no direct reports and with 6 indirect reports.
• Managed payroll using Paycom for 200+ employees on site and devised a compensation structure, overtime reports, merit increases, and quarterly bonuses.
• Trained employees on human factors training, managed the drug and alcohol testing program as per FAA regulation.
• Closed CAL OSHA investigation for a paint booth safety violation, and SCAQMD finding reducing fine to no payment.
• Conducted full file audit of all employee files ensuring compliance of I-9’s, workers compensation cases, and leave of absences.
Northridge Hospital Catholic Healthcare West, Northridge, CA September 2013 – December 2015 Northridge Hospital
Human Resources Patient and Worker Safety Intern
Reported to the Director of Human Resources responsible for all safety in the hospital.
• Conducted regular investigations of accidents, reviewing hazardous materials, maintenance schedules, laboratory protocols, training nurses and staff on how to correctly address hidden safety concerns, and explained how to read Safety Data Sheets and access the Safety Data Sheet portal online.
• Wrote a safety report for the Board of Directors outlining immediate safety concerns to ensure that the board allocated the finances necessary to address the safety concerns. American Red Cross, Los Angeles, CA June 2012 – April 2019 Health and Safety Organization that gives aid and provides training to the general public. Health and Safety Instructor
• Instructed the following classes: CPR/AED/First Aid, Bloodborne Pathogens, Babysitting, Childcare Preventative Health and Safety, Disaster Services, Basic Life Support, and Pediatric CPR and First Aid and responsible for training the trainers and coaching. Educational Opportunity Program, Northridge, CA September 2008 – June 2013 Supporting academic excellence of first-generation minority college students as a mentor and teaching assistant.
Program Academic Facilitator
• Program Facilitator responsible for all academic mentors meeting regularly to discuss mentoring and teaching techniques, scheduling, and addressing student needs. Motivated mentors to provide guidance to students by teaching time management skills, conflict resolution, and university life skills.
• Instructed students as an academic teaching assistant helping students create thesis statements writing essays, understanding key concepts of lectures. Responsible for teaching the class during Professors’ absence. Created group activities to enhance student learning outcomes. Learning Resource Center CSUN, Northridge, CA September 2005 – June 2009 Supporting academic writing and reading comprehension for the CSUN’s academic resource. Academic Tutor - English
• Instructed students as an academic tutor ensuring students followed the essay prompt, had a well- articulated thesis statement, understood the necessary format of MLA or APA, ensuring relevancy of grammar and sentence structure.
Doctorate Ph.D, Public Health
Walden University, Minneapolis, MN
Emphasis on infectious disease and hospital administration Masters of Science, Occupational Health and Safety Columbia Southern University, Orange Beach, AL
Honors, Published various articles on food toxicity Bachelors of Science, Environmental Occupational Health and Safety California State University Northridge, Northridge, CA Honor Student, Teaching Assistant, Assisted Educational Opportunity Program Students Certifications
ADP – Payroll Instructor Certification: CPR/AED/First Aid Leave of Absences Paycom – Payroll Bloodborne Pathogens HIPAA
E-Verify Administrator OSHA and CAL OSHA Reporting Basic Life Support Payroll Compliance CA DER – Designated Employer Representative for FAA (DOT) EEOC-1 Reporting