JACK MCKENZIE 615-***-**** email@example.com
Energetic, driven, and multi-faceted professional with an exemplary background in Human Resources, Operations Management, and Customer Relations. A visionary leader who is widely regarded for assembling high performing teams that instantly add value to the organization and produce top-level results. Demonstrates extensive experience in all aspects of customer relations and the proven acumen to build and foster profitable business relationships leading to long-term loyalty. Highlights
• 15+ years of senior level, multi-site management experience across multiple industries
• Outstanding leadership skills, mobilizes and motivates employees for optimal performance
• Well-versed in local, state, and federal Human Resource laws, regulations, and guidelines
• Vast background in hiring, training, employee development, and performance management
• Exceptional customer focus, quickly builds relationships and rapport across organizational levels
• Skilled in financial management, forecasting, budgetary development, and P&L responsibility
• Acts with a sense of honesty, personal integrity, and discretion in all business interactions
• Exhibits sound judgment, interpersonal communication, analytical reasoning, and problem-solving Professional Experience
COMMAND CENTER INC. – Nashville, TN (2017 - 2019)
Regional Operations Manager
● Drove operations in all branches within 13 markets across TN, AR, GA, VA, MD, IN, IL, and DC for this specialize staffing service.
● Managed the P&L, human resources, financial reporting, and day-to-day operations for each location.
● Provided comprehensive coaching and mentoring to each branch leaders to enable them to meet all short and long-term goals.
● Held direct responsibility for all recruitment, hiring, and training efforts for all branch personnel.
● Increased revenues in 11 of 13 markets, realizing gains of 21%+ YOY through aggressively recruiting and training new employees and subsequently re-contracting former clients.
● Slashed claims dollars spent by 38% in 2018 by implementing a region-wide safety training initiative in January of 2018.
● Eliminated operating problems and improved service quality and output by developing new operating methods and procedures.
● Conducted in-depth analysis of departmental budget requests and identified areas for reductions.
● Developed the operational discipline and focus to identify and pursue core markets. MUSIC CITY PARKING – Nashville, TN (2003 - 2016)
Chief Operating Officer
● Managed day-to-day operations for this $3.5M parking company moving 500+ vehicles per day at 7 hotels and 3 major restaurants.
● Started the company from scratch and developed targeted sales presentations and contracts for each brand and property serviced.
● Led HR functions including recruitment, hiring, training programs, performance management, terminations, and employee relations.
● Provided oversight, direction, ongoing training, mentoring, and professional development for multiple teams of 250+ employees.
● Boosted revenue through aggressive marketing and sales activity, contract negotiation, and relationship management.
● Partnered with guests and vendors to investigate and resolve $8 - $10K in annual claims, ensuring timely negotiation of settlements.
● Maintained all local and state licenses, permits, and insurance requirements for multiple locations and properties.
● Assumed full P&L accountability for Music City Parking. TOWNE PARK – Nashville, TN (1999 - 2000)
Regional Sales Manager (2000)
● Managed sales of parking services to hotels in a multi-state region including TN, FL, TX, GA, VA, and IN.
● Handled the entire Request for Proposal process from start to finish including all budgetary components.
● Attended all Hotel and Lodging Association monthly meetings in serviced states. Resume: Julie Newmann Page 2 of 2
Operations Manager Opryland Hotel (1999 - 2000)
● Oversaw successful implementation and service delivery of contractual agreements between Towne Park and The Opryland Hotel.
● Led planning, scheduling, training, and management for a team of 12 shift leaders and 75+ valets and cashiers operating 24/7/365.
● Fiscal responsibility included management of the parking budget with revenues of $2.5M+ for valet and self-parking operations.
● Maximized customer satisfaction by maintaining high levels of service while aligning initiatives with the expectations of the client.
● Reported, managed, and resolved any claims within the parking department as needed. AAA DISPOSAL (REPUBLIC SERVICES GROUP) – Nashville, TN (1997 - 1998) Sales Manager
● Recruited, hired, trained, and managed a team of 12 inside and outside sales representatives.
● Prepared monthly, quarterly, and annual sales projections and held full sales P&L statement responsibility.
● Partnered with customers to resolve any escalated concerns or complaints. BFI WASTE SYSTEMS – Nashville, TN (1994 - 1997)
Director of HR, Safety, and EH&S (1995 – 1997)
● Directed Human Resources efforts for the main and satellite locations, supporting 175+ operations and administrative personnel.
● Investigated employee relations matters and collaborated with business partners to address employee performance and conduct.
● Created, maintained, and revised site policies, procedures, and programs.
● Conducted routine safety audits and inspections of multiple facilities, vehicles, and pieces of equipment.
● Advanced health, safety, and environmental compliance throughout the organization.
● Enforced and educated on guidelines set by the company, regulatory agencies, emergency response agencies, clients and customers.
● Conducted thorough investigation of all claims against the company and any company-related accidents, injuries, and near misses. Territory Account Manager (1994 - 1995)
● Managed waste contracts, account retention, and sales of front-end loaders, compacters, and construction roll-off.
● Consistently met all set goals and objectives through client acquisition focused on customer service and satisfaction. Education
BACHELOR OF XXX, SOCIOLOGY – University of Tennessee