DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES HR RECRUITMENT AND SOURCING SPECIALIST Change Management & Reengineering High-Performing Talent Acquisition Strategic Human Resource Planning HR Executive with a Doctor of Education in Human Resource Development with success in program leadership, operational efficiency, and HR administration. Resourceful problem-solver, able to create and implement solutions that boost efficiency, increase employee engagement, continuously improve processes. Skilled in a wide variety of HR functions, including payroll processing, benefits administration, system implementation, and regulatory compliance. Excellent decision making, critical thinking, organizational, analytical, and conflict management skills. Areas of Expertise
Multi-Site HR/Benefits Administration System Innovation/Enhancement Claims Adjudication
Interviewing/Selection/Retention Organizational Leadership/Compliance Onboarding/Training
Strategic & Tactical Planning Payroll Processing/Administration Team Leaderships
Department Leadership/Direction Employee Relationship Management Employment Law PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Lincoln Memorial University – Harrogate, TN 2004 to 1/2019 CHIEF HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER
Executive strategist and visionary providing vision, leadership, and guidance over a robust personnel program for Lincoln Memorial University. Promoted to lead and manage several departments and functions, including payroll/compensation, benefits, employee recruiting, training and development, safety, state/federal employment compliance, performance evaluations, project management, and statistical/institutional reporting.
• Increased efficiency and Improved payroll processing time by 66%, taking it from three days down to one. Upgraded the timekeeping method from paper to digital.
• Played a key role as part of the team who led the conversion of the hiring process from paper to PeopleAdmin to accommodate the growth in staff from 247 FTEs in 2004 to 800 FTEs in 2019. England, Inc., New Tazewell, TN 1993 to 2004
HUMAN RESOURCE ADMINISTRATOR
Advanced to a position of increased authority and scope. Promoted from Assets/Tax Coordinator to Human Resources Administrator to manage personnel and benefits administration of 1700+ employees in multiple sites across the United States. Managed a wide range of HR functions, including recruiting, new hire orientation, personnel, and benefits administration, as well as record maintenance/management. Successful at completing special projects and reports.
• Improved efficiency by implementing a records retention system to streamline and maintain employee files.
• Administered all benefits, enrollments, contracts, plan documents, and HR-related changes.
• Led the process for updating and accurately reflecting costs/employee coverages for all benefits; able to access more updated statistical information on the use of benefits.
• Ensured the highest levels of detail, accuracy, and completion while coordinating 5500 filings.
• Protected the company’s interest and ensured compliance with all federal and state laws regarding FMLA, COBRA, HIPAA, and ERISA.
• Oversaw, led, and managed the implementation of AAP. Managed system health through consistent maintenance activities.
• Exhibited discretion, discernment, and strict attention-to-detail while completing in-house claims adjudication of self-administered flexible spending account.
• Planned, wrote, and edited the quarterly employee newsletter to boost workplace productivity and morale. ELIZABETH KING 423-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org Page 2 of 2 EARLIER CAREER HISTORY
Licensed Nursing Home Administrator, Diversicare Management Services, Inc Staff Accountant, Lovemore Holding Company
Accounting Clerk, Cyprus Cumberland Coal Corporation EDUCATION
DOCTOR OF EDUCATION, HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT, 2016 Lincoln Memorial University, TN
EDUCATIONAL SPECIALIST, EDUCATIONAL ADMINISTRATION AND SUPERVISION LICENSURE, 2011 Lincoln Memorial University, TN
MASTER OF ARTS, APPLIED ORGANIZATIONAL MANAGEMENT
Tusculum College, TN
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE, BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION – CONCENTRAION IN ACCOUNTING Lincoln Memorial University, TN
Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel)