PERSONAL INFORMATION Ajimi Ramzi
cité El Mourouj 1 Imm Sprolls 93 app 3-1, 2074 Ben Arous (Tunisia)
POSITION ESL Teacher
Ministry of Education Tunisia, Ben Arous (Tunisia) I have been working as an ESL teacher in a public secondary school for about 12 years now. My typical tasks that are carried out include:
• Classroom management.
• Planning, preparing and delivering lessons to a range of classes and age groups ( between 12 to 19).
• Preparing and setting tests, examination papers and exercises.
• Marking and providing appropriate feedback on oral and written work.
• Devising, writing and producing new materials, including audio and visual resources for my planned lessons.
• Organizing and getting involved in social and cultural activities such as sports competitions, school parties, dinners and excursions in my English Club.
• Attending and contributing to training sessions held either by our inspector or colleagues.
• Participating in extra-curriculum activities: English poetry club/ English theater/ Educational writing competitions, volunteering and humanitarian actions ...
• Administrative paper work, such as keeping student registers, lesson plans, classroom copybook daily reports and attendance records.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
15/09/2001–30/06/2006 Bachelor of English Language and Civilization Faculty of Arts and Humanities, Sfax (Tunisia)
30/08/2006–Present Teaching Certificate CAPES
I passed the CAPES (teaching proficiency certificate) in 2006. And was hired by the Tunisian Ministry of Education as an ESL Teacher.
01/07/2015–Present Microsoft Certified Educator
07/09/2016–Present Technician in Integrating ICTs in Education IREX, Tunis (Tunisia)
Mother tongue(s) Arabic
31/5/18 © European Union, 2002-2018 http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu Page 1 / 3 Curriculum vitae Ajimi Ramzi
Foreign language(s) UNDERSTANDING SPEAKING WRITING Listening Reading Spoken interaction Spoken production French C1 B2 B2 B2 B2
English C2 C2 C2 C2 C2
German A1 A1 A1 A1 A1
Levels: A1 and A2: Basic user - B1 and B2: Independent user - C1 and C2: Proficient user Common European Framework of Reference for Languages Communication skills Good communication skills gained through my 12-year teaching experience and the weekly trainings. Organisational / managerial skills I organised my classes in order to fulfil the different activity requirements. Sometimes this may mean putting learners into pairs or groups. I controlled the pace and content of my lessons . I tried my best to direct the behavior of my learners and keep discipline in class. Job-related skills I was hired in 2006, after successfully passing the CAPES and undertaking a one-year -teaching training. I have been working for the ministry of education from 2006 until now. I followed pre-set curriculum for each level. I went to weekly trainings on pedagogy and methodology. My job as ESL teacher was mainly in high schools prep schools and technical schools. I was teaching learners aged between 11 and 19.
Added to my administrative paperwork, I was required to:
● plan the lessons: I was the one to decide on the aims and anticipate the outcomes of each lesson in order to decide what is taught, how it is taught, and what equipment and materials will be needed in the lesson.
●instruct: I introduced the language to be learned, set the instructions to the students accordingly, and decided what language and activities need to be practiced and met my learners needs and levels.
● be a language model: I tried to provide a model of spoken and written English for students, especially when new language is presented and practiced. i insisted on chanting, drilling and repeating newly learnt expressions in context.
● be a manager: I organized my classes in order to fulfill the different activity requirements. Sometimes this may mean putting learners into pairs or groups. I controlled the pace and content of my lessons . I tried my best to direct the behavior of my learners and keep discipline in class.
●be an adviser: I monitored the progress of the classes, decided how my learners were performing and what extra input should be given, such as further clarification of the task or extra examples of language items.
●be a monitor: when my students were working individually or in pairs or groups, I moved around, helping students or correcting mistakes.
● be a personal tutor: I tried my best to identify individual students’ areas of difficulties to find ways to remedy them as well as areas of strengths and try to develop them.
● be an assessor: at different points in my classes, I took time to observe and assess on participation. Digital skills SELF-ASSESSMENT
Proficient user Proficient user Independent user Independent user Proficient user Digital skills - Self-assessment grid
31/5/18 © European Union, 2002-2018 http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu Page 2 / 3 Curriculum vitae Ajimi Ramzi
Technician in Integrating ICTs in Education
Microsoft Certified Educator
I was awarded a certificate for the completion and outstanding performance in TechAge Teachers- Tunisia as Technician in integrating ICTs in Education. I am also a Microsoft certified Educator (License Number F365-7326) Driving licence AM, A1, A2, A, B1, B, BE
31/5/18 © European Union, 2002-2018 http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu Page 3 / 3