John M. Dullum
**** ******** *****, ******** *****, VA 23454
email@example.com ~ https://www.linkedin.com/in/john-dullum-ab835b105
Current Top Secret Security Clearance with polygraph.
A proven leader and recognized expert in joint intelligence and targeting with broad experience leading complex organizations across a wide-range of challenging, world-wide assignments. Possess mastery-level knowledge in joint targeting, planning, operations, management, training and team building while working collaboratively to develop and employing creative solutions to achieve success. Highly skilled at assessing requirements, managing people, relationships, systems, costs and resources to deliver high-quality results.
Specific Expertise includes:
• Senior-level Management • Operations and Planning • Intelligence and Targeting • Programming and Resource Management
Operations Officer, Strategic Targeting Division
United States Strategic Command, Omaha, NE. September 2018 – September 2019 (40+hrs/week)
Duties: Managed the daily actives, outreach and interactions of the 100-person division within U.S. Strategic Command. Worked diligently with components and combat support agencies to ensure the validity and responsiveness of U.S. Strategic Command’s strategic deterrence mission. Interacted daily with 2-star leadership
• Drove daily intelligence analysis and engagement with supporting commands, components and national agencies; ensured validity and responsiveness of intelligence, plans and policies supporting the Command’s deterrence mission.
• Managed the command’s weekly targeting battle rhythm, including the Target Development Working Group, and Joint Target List’s supporting multiple operational plans, seamlessly integrating inputs from components and other agencies.
• Built effective partnerships with CCMD’s, including U.S. European Command, to share, develop and integrate target intelligence; ensured continuity of operational plans across CCMD’s to meet USSTRATCOM objectives.
• Worked to develop comprehensive Target Systems Analysis (TSA) on adversary countries, tying the analysis of the division with Combat Support Agencies and Geographic Commands; produced eight TSA’s in one year.
• Hands on expirence with analytical tool sets; MIDB, NPW, JTT, DIEE; ensured command’s online tools and software were fully resourced and functional through effective management of targeting systems and automation.
• Developed a comprehensive DRRS program to assess Joint Targeting readiness derived through close community collaboration; now undergoing acceptance with Joint Staff J2 to assess targeting shortfalls.
Director of Intelligence and Cryptology
United States Naval Air Forces, Atlantic, Norfolk, VA. August 2015 - June 2018 (40+hrs/week)
Duties: Board-selected to manage all facets of intelligence and information system requirements for the U.S. Navy's aviation community. Direct oversight of 800 personnel and two-dozen classified systems for 11 aircraft carriers and 136 squadrons. Extensive outreach with Joint force, civilian and industrial partners in resourcing, training and deployment operational units while supporting Three-star decision-making.
• Orchestrated the intelligence, C4ISR and targeting tradecraft, standards, policies, training and procedures for intelligence support to aviation. Resourced and trained aircraft carrier, carrier air wing and squadron intelligence/cryptologic personnel for combat operations.
• Successfully programmed, resourced and fielded generational improvements in classified information systems and security requirements aboard 11 aircraft carriers and 8 naval air stations worth $100 million.
• Drove the people, networks and intelligence system requirements and resources supporting advanced aviation programs including F-35C, E-2D, MQ-25 and Triton UAS for both carrier and land-based operations.
• Met or exceeded Fleet performance requirements by executing a comprehensive multi-phase training for 800+ intelligence personnel attached to U.S. Naval Aviation squadrons; coordinated all training and readiness standards for individuals/units; included DRRS reporting and Fleet Readiness Training Program qualifications.
Director of Targeting and Geospatial Intelligence
Unites States Central Command, Tampa, FL. August 2013 - August 2015 (40+hrs/week)
Duties: Hand-selected to lead the Targeting and Geospatial-intelligence division for U.S. Central Command. Managed 220 military, civilian and contract personnel in targeting, collections and analysis. Interacted daily with 4-star leadership, coalition partners and national intelligence community in the execution of mission.
• Orchestrated full-scale coalition targeting for first 18 months of Operation INHERENT RESOLVE (OIR), integrating the organization, policy, personnel and systems of the U.S. military, national intelligence agencies and 15 partner nations into the policy, planning and execution of OIR.
• Produced 5,000+ tailored products including TSA’s and online target materials, that supported combat operations in USCENTCOM while managing production of imagery and target intelligence for OIR and contingency plans.
• Managed the 4-star Commander's daily target’s battle rhythm that adjudicated all targeting decisions for plans and operations; ensured proper alignment of intelligence resources to achieve desired effects.
• Communicated detailed analysis and assessment supporting national-level decision-making up to and including the U.S. President and allied leaders; achieved 95% approval on all decisions.
• Developed initial OIR TSA’s on threat finance, oil and logistics that enabled precision strikes that aided in the adversary defeat; included close-collaboration with analytical partners across the intelligence community.
• Coordinated the daily alignment of collections and analysis to achieve desired level of coverage to meet demanding target development needs resulting in three-fold increase in development over 18 months.
Senior Program Analyst
United States Navy Staff, Pentagon, Washington D.C. July 2010 - June 2012 (40+hrs/week)
Duties: Program analyst for 180 classified C4ISR and communications programs worth $10 billion a year. Successfully translated Secretary of Navy fiscal goals into concrete programming decisions that elevated investments while reducing risk. Managed end-game programming decisions for POM submission.
• Accurately programmed myriad of competing technical and resource requirements to achieve Secretary of Defense Investment goals during three annual budget cycles; invested $3 billion in new information technology by divesting legacy capabilities while achieving $1.2 billion in overall savings.
• Worked closely with the Joint Staff and Services to assess C4ISR capabilities, readiness and force structure over three POM cycles. Crafted $75 million in new requirements accepted by CNO.
• Led cross-functional team that drove the manning and process-exploitation-dissemination requirements for the P-8C and Navy unmanned-platforms included in Chief of Naval Operations POM submissions.
Navy Expeditionary Intelligence Command, Damneck, VA. June 2008 - June 2010 (40+hrs/week)
Duties: Commanding Officer of 120-person tactical command supporting forward deployed Navy and Joint maritime operations with specialized HUMINT and cryptologic collection capabilities.
• Deployed 50+ personnel in support of over 200 maritime interdiction operations in foreign waters resulting in the capture of illicit cargo valued in excess of $1M.
• Displayed sound judgement and fiscal discipline, executed a $8 million budget, $5 million TOA and a $1 million facility, while effectively personnel, logistics and administrative issues.
• Established a standardized Fleet Readiness training pipeline for inbound personnel. Established a Navy Enlisted Classification (NEC) code to document specialized training requirements for command’s assigned missions.
• Awarded Navy's Edward Layton Award for superior command leadership
Other Targeting Experience
Director for Intelligence (N2), Joint Warfare Analysis Center, Dahlgren, VA 2006 to 2008 (40+hrs/week)
Carrier Intelligence Officer, USS John C. Stennis (CVN-74), Bremerton, WA 2004 to 2006 (40+hrs/week)
Director of Target Development, United States Central Command, Tampa, FL 2000 to 2004 (40+hrs/week)
Education and Qualifications
Master’s Degree, National Security Studies, National War College, 2013
Master’s Degree, Military Arts and Science, U.S. Army Command and Staff College, 2000 Bachelor of Arts, History and Geography, University of Minnesota, 1985
Navy Information Warfare Qualification, 2010
Defense Intelligence Agency Joint Duty Qualification (2019)
Joint Service Officer Qualification (2004),
Joint Targeting Officer School, 1996; Navy Targeting Officer designation, 1996