Khaled Talaat Mohamed Abd Elrahman
Director Of Engineering
Date of birth 04 August 1970
Name of Spouse
Children’s Name & date(s) of
Long Service Award Service Award,2014, Eight Month Original Hilton joining date 05 April 2014
Blood Group B
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Manages all engineering/maintenance Accountable for managing the budget, capital expenditure projects, preventative maintenance and energy conservation. operations, including maintaining the building, grounds and physical plant with particular attention towards safety, security and asset protection. Managing Property Operations and Engineering Budgets Responsible on all matters related to the repairs and maintenance operation of the physical plant and engineering facilities within the hotel and maintain all mechanical, electrical and electronic equipment including heating and ventilation, where by my role will include key responsibilities such as:
•Organize and set up preventive maintenance programs for all electrical and mechanical equipment including general building works
•Advice the General Manager and the Corporate Vice President - Engineering and Technical Services of any problems at all times
•Supervise maintenance employees and contract employees who are carrying out minor building work, electrical and mechanical installations
•Supervise and liaise with all contractors, write specifications for all electrical, mechanical and associated building works complying with the local government regulations and inspect and sign for contractor works upon satisfactory completion
•Oversee the general maintenance of all life safety systems throughout the hotel and report any major defects
•Ensure that all administration files are kept up to date including drawing prints, specifications and equipment, technical maintenance manuals, etc.
•Recommend and evaluate energy conservation programs and ensure they are carried out as well as investigate the wastage.
• Managing the physical plant including equipment, refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, water treatment, electrical and life safety systems.
• Maintains and operates equipment at optimum effectiveness, efficiency and safety.
• Establishes and manages an effective room’s maintenance program.
• Ensures compliance with all Engineering departmental policies, standards and procedures.
• Manages department's controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Select and order or purchase new equipment, supplies, and furnishings.
• Inspect and evaluate the physical condition of facilities in order to determine the type of work required.
• Recommend or arrange for additional services such as painting, repair work, renovations, and the replacement of furnishings and equipment.
• Supervises the day to day operations of Engineering. Maintaining Property Standards
• Maintains accurate logs and records as required.
• planning, scheduling and evaluating preventative maintenance programs. Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Handles guest problems and complaints effectively.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality by exemplifying excellent customer service and creating a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Helps establish priorities for total property maintenance needs.
• Ensures on-going communication occurs in all areas of responsibility to create awareness of business objectives, awareness of expectations and recognition of exemplary performance. Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
• Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Provides feedback to employees based on observation of service behaviors.
• Supervises employee's ability to execute departmental and property emergency procedures.
• Reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Solicits employee feedback.
• Helps ensure regulatory compliance to facility regulations and safety standards.
• Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently. Knowledge & Competencies
The ideal candidate will be able to handle stress and work under pressure and bring along strong administrative skills, an analytical mind and the capability of being able to write concise reports. I have a high level of self-motivation, develop innovative options in the best interest of the hotel while possessing following competencies: Understanding the Business
Planning for Business
Drive for Results
1/6/2018 till now Director of engineering
Radisson Blu Hotel, Cairo, Heliopolis
5* Hotel 430 rooms, 4 F&B outlets, 13 meeting rooms and banquet 1/1/2018 till 30/5/2018 Cluster Director of Engineering Reef Oasis Beach Resort & Reef Oasis Sentido Resort 5* Resortrs, 900 rooms, 28 swimming pool, 26 F&B outlets 2017 – 2018 Cluster Director Of Engineering
Maritim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Resort & Maritim Jolie Ville Sharm El Sheikh International Congress Center
5* Resort, 319 rooms
International Congress Center
2014 - 2017 Cluster Chief Engineer
Hilton Taba Resort & Nelson Village – Egypt
5* hotel, 400 rooms, 7F&B outlets, Disco, Casino, 2 meeting rooms and banquet facilities for up to 350 guests.
2013 - 2014 Director of Engineering
Royal Tulip Hotel, Alexandria – Egypt
5* hotel, 600 rooms, 13F&B outlets, Disco, 6 meeting rooms and banquet facilities for up to 800 guests.
2009 - 2013 Chief Engineer
Iberotel Hotel, Aswan - Egypt
5* hotel, 300 rooms, 8F&B outlets, Disco, 2 meeting rooms and banquet facilities for up to 700 guests.
2008 - 2009 Chief Engineer
Serenity Makadi Heights Resort, Hurghada - Egypt
5* hotel, 1850 rooms, 16F&B outlets, Disco, 3 meeting rooms and banquet facilities for up to 900 guests.
Pyramisa Isis Hotel, Luxor - Egypt
5* hotel, 500 rooms, 7F&B outlets, 2meeting rooms and banquet facilities for up to 1000 guests.
2004-2005 Chief Engineer
Raouf Hotels International, Sharm El Sheikh – Egypt 5* hotel, 980 rooms, 17F&B outlets, Disco, Casino, 4 meeting rooms and banquet facilities for up to 1200 guests.
2003-2004 Deputy Director of Engineering
Cataract Pyramids Resort, Cairo – Egypt
5* hotel, 550 rooms, 8F&B outlets, 4 meeting rooms and banquet facilities for up to 1200 guests.
2002-2003 Maintenance & Operation Manager
Sheraton Royal Gardens Hotel, Cairo – Egypt
5* hotel, 380 rooms, 7F&B outlets, 2 meeting rooms and banquet facilities for up to 800 guests.
1999-2002 Maintenance Engineer
Sofitel Le Sphinx Hotel, Cairo – Egypt
5* hotel, 400 rooms, 6F&B outlets, Disco, 2 meeting rooms and banquet facilities for up to 800 guests.
Key skills / area’s of expertise
Languages Arabic Mother Tongue
Other key skills/area’s of
● Opening Royal Tulip Hotel, Alexandria –Egypt 2013.
● Opening Iberotel Borg El Arab Resort, Alexandria – Egypt 2010.
● Opening Iberotel Aswan Hotel, Aswan – Egypt 2009.
● Opening Raouf Hotel International, Sharm El Sheikh – Egypt 2004. Education & Qualifications
2000 - 2002 D.Sc. ( High Studies Graduate Diploma ) In electrical power systems, Faculty of Engineering – Cairo University. 1993-1998 B.Sc. ( Bachelor’s Degree )
In Electrical power & machines engineering, Faculty of engineering – Helwan University.
Other Training, Development Programmers & Assessment Centre’s Development & Training 2010 Preventive maintenance P & E Training. 2010 Central Equipment Fire & Fighting Program.
2010 National Institution of industrial safety program . 2009 Train the trainer program ( Starwood, Accor ). 2009
Minimum hospitality requirements for excellence
Development management skills training.
Time management program.
Basic life support training.
Fire- protection trainer ( Civil Defense ).
Food Safety ( HACCP )
Assessment centers American Center Amidst English Skills