Carolyn C Castillo
** ***** ** ** *****, Belen NM 87002.
I am a patient service-oriented Pharmacist. I also have a Pharmacist Clinician License and certification in Pharmacist Immunization Delivery. I have 20 plus years career experience. I am a continual learner therefore my objective is to continue working and evolving as a professional pharmacist.
New Mexico Board of Pharmacy Licenses
L.C.# 005284, active
Pharmacist Clinician LC # PC00000233, 2014- Present Professional Experience Licensed Pharmacist Clinician Rio Abajo Family Practice - Los Lunas NM
• Provide chronic disease state management services and comprehensive pharmaceutical care for patients in the ambulatory setting.
• Provide comprehensive patient medication profiles, appropriate monitoring parameter.
• Skilled at obtaining and synthesizing patient medical and medication histories.
• Manage patients with stable or chronic diseases receiving multiple medications and OTC’s.
• Skills necessary to address and support patient wellness.
• Provide current treatment guidelines and prescribing practices.
• Provide most effective drug regime, cost effective.
• Interact with customers to understand their needs and explain data.
• Microsoft Office
• Planning and coordinating organizational change.
• Anticipating & Addressing Customer Needs
• Educating Employees, Customers & Transferring Knowledge
• Functioning as an Effective Contingent Member
• Acquiring & Applying Superior Skills to achieve Quality Outcomes
• Functioning as an Effective Team Member
• Ability to communicate effectively in person and via telephone with members, employer groups, brokers, physicians, and physician office staff using strong dialogue and customer service competencies.
• Written communication
o Kelly’s Pharmacy – Socorro 2018 – Present
o Walgreens Retail Drug Store – NM 1994 – 2018
o St. Vincent Hospital Outpatient Pharmacy Supervisor - Santa Fe, NM 1992 - 1994 o Osco Drug / Jewel Osco - Santa Fe, NM 1991 – 1992 o RDS Revco - Santa Fe NM. 1990 - 1991
• Interpret, evaluate and accurately process medication orders in a timely fashion. Performs order verification, screening for drug allergies, interactions, appropriateness of medication, dose, frequency, and route of administration.
• Screen for therapeutic duplication, variations from approved indications for use, and other contraindications.
• Provides supervision and oversight of the pharmacy technician and pharmacy intern staff in their daily activities.
• Provides patient education and medication counseling. Communicate well with physicians, physician staff, patients and technicians, insurance companies, and laboratory personal.
• Performs pharmaceutical care duties including monitoring, pharmacokinetic dosing, renal dosing of medications. Performs therapeutic interchanges per providers and protocol.
• Ensures medication security by using automated dispensing system, securing access to medications, adhering to all State and Federal regulations, Policies and Procedures regarding Controlled Substances. Maintains an accurate paperwork accounting of all activities regarding Controlled Substances.
• Collects data and performs inspections for quality assurance purposes. Maintains all logs and necessary paperwork associated with regulatory and quality assurance requirements. Actively participates in quality improvement initiatives.
• Actively identify, mitigate, prevent, and report potential and actual drug-related problems or adverse drug events. Recommend rational therapeutic alternatives as needed to prevent future problems.
• PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT - Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reading current literature, attending in- services, meetings and workshops.
• Inspected satellite clinics, EMT vehicles.
• Proficient in Spanish.
• CPR and immunization certified
• Compounding of medication.
• 2014 Pharmacist Clinician Licenses, University of New Mexico College of Pharmacy -Albuquerque, N.M.
• 1990 B.S., Pharmacy, University of New Mexico College of Pharmacy - Albuquerque, N.M.
• 1986 B.S., Biology with a Microbiology option, minor in Chemistry and Spanish, New Mexico State University - Las Cruces, N.M. References Available Upon Request