Greg S. Weber
Sparkart Group Oakland, CA 2007 – 2019
• Functioned as a “legal department of one” for this digital marketing and business services company, with all contracts and legal matters crossing my desk
• Drafted, reviewed and negotiated a wide variety of commercial agreements (see below for examples)*
• Oversight of corporate transactions, human resources, disputes, intellectual property registrations, insurance, and strategic advice to the CEO, executives and managers Kohler Law Group San Francisco, CA 1996 – 2007 Senior Attorney
• Transactional work for tech clients, primarily funded start-ups
• Drafted, reviewed and negotiated commercial agreements, including, licensing, professional services, development, distribution, consulting and marketing agreements, and NDAs, SOWs, MSAs and OEMs. SBT Accounting Systems San Rafael, CA 1996 – 1999 In-house Counsel
• Two days per week at this 160-employee software company with a global dealer channel
• Handled revenue generating agreements, primarily sales, distribution, OEM and reseller agreements Creative Media Law Group San Francisco, CA
• Service oriented law practice handling diverse matters and transactional work for mostly small software, internet and entertainment industry clients Arnowitz Studios Sausalito, CA
Associate General Counsel
• Full-time in-house counsel for this developer of interactive multimedia software products Education and Further Information
• University of Denver College of Law, J.D.
• University of California, Santa Cruz, B.A.
• State Bar of California, Bar No. 168326: http://www.calbar.ca.gov
• LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/greg-weber-97a17592/
• Resident of San Francisco, California
2 of 2
Greg S. Weber, continued.
* Commercial agreements, for example: vendor, development, manufacturing, OEM and outsourcing agreements; marketing, referral, advertising, sales and customer agreements; commission agreements; releases; software, patent and content licensing; offer letters, employment agreements, bonus plans and termination documents; consulting and independent contractor agreements; notices of breach, end user agreements and consumer facing notices and disclaimers; contest and sweepstakes rules; limited liability company agreements; term sheets and letters of intent; memoranda of understanding (MOUs), NDAs, Service Agreements, MSAs and other commercial agreements and legal documents used in the course of business operations. My experience with contracts includes: drafting initial versions or reviewing the other party’s initial version, redlining and negotiating multiple iterations, working with contract templates, analyzing risk and making determinations based on experience with the client, reporting status and core business terms and issues to executives and managers, staying attentive to compliance issues and taking appropriate action, creating and maintaining meticulous contract audit files, tracking deadlines, meeting with and maintaining productive relationships with the respective department managers, strategic input regarding client acquisition, managing and collaborating with outside counsel, and performing like tasks regarding amendments and addenda.