SAMANTHA B. SELTZER, BSN, RN
Denver School of Nursing, Denver, Colorado December 2016 Bachelor of Science, Nursing
University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado December 2006 Bachelor of Arts, Sociology
Denver Health Medical Center, Denver, CO
Registered Nurse, Acute Care/Oncology February 2017 – July 2018
• Provided direct care to a diverse patient population requiring telemetry monitoring, blood product administration/transfusion, intravenous medication administration, bladder catheter insertion and close observation
• Assumed care of patients admitted from the emergency room and to/from intensive care units Denver Health Medical Center, Denver, CO
Behavioral Health Technician, Psychiatric Emergency Services September 2016 – February 2017
• Assisted in providing direct care to patients presenting psychiatric and/or substance related emergencies.
• Assisted with new admissions, oriented new patients to the unit and transported patients off the unit with security assistance. UC Health - University of Colorado Hospital, Aurora, CO Advanced Care Partner (Surgical Specialties) March 2016 – September 2016
• Worked as a CNA on a post-operative bariatric surgery floor.
• Responsible for monitoring vitals every 4-hours, emptying drains and Foley’s, and providing comfort to post-op patients. SCL Health – Lutheran Medical Center, Wheat Ridge, CO Behavioral Health Technician, Emergency Department June 2014 – November 2014
• Assisted nurses in admitting patients to the Behavioral beds within the Emergency Department.
• Occasionally assisted with Emergency Department overflow, such as minor MVA’s, and wound prep
• Responsible for tasks as directed by nurses and senior medical staff, including new patient intake, collecting urine specimens, checking patients for illegal materials, and ongoing patient monitoring. Denver Health Medical Center, Denver, CO
Behavioral Health Technician, Adult Inpatient Psychiatric Services December 2011 – December 2012
• Assisted in providing direct care to inpatients in (IPS).
• Daily activities include leading group discussions, charting meals, vital signs, and group attendance.
• Observed and reported changes in behaviors of patients and maintained communication with the Charge Nurse throughout shift.
• Assisted with new admissions, oriented new patients to the unit and transported patients to and from necessary appointments within the hospital.
Friendship Village, Bloomington, MN
Certified Nursing Assistant August 2010 – December 2010
• Provided activities of daily living (ADL) support for residents in hospice care.
• Accountable for 8-10 full-care patients daily, some requiring use of a Hoyer lift and EZ-Stand.
• Monitored and recorded vital signs, height, weight, blood pressure, temperature, pulse, and respirations.
• Fostered a cheerful, positive outlook and provided compassionate response to patients’ emotional and physical needs.
• Acquired 650 total hours of patient care.
OTHER WORK EXPERIENCE
Assurant Health, Plymouth, MN
Direct Sales Agent May 2008 – August 2010
• Provided health insurance coverage to individuals and families across the United States in 43 different states.
• Primary products sold included medical, short---term, student health and life insurance policies.
• Key responsibilities included product design, health investigation for underwriting purposes and customer support.
• Top 10% of sales agents, annualizing over $750,000 in revenue for 2009. Edina Realty, Minneapolis, MN
Licensed Real Estate Agent September 2005 – May 2008
• Sold and listed residential properties in Minneapolis, St. Paul and surrounding suburbs.
• Closed 24 units in 2006, commissioning the sales of $4.8 million.
• Sales team sold 125 of the 167 units at Emerald Gardens in 2005 – 2007. SHADOWING & VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE
Greenwood Pediatrics Centennial, CO
Shadowing Opportunity, 24 Hours March 2016
Sutter Health – Palo Alto Medical Foundation Palo Alto, CA Volunteer 2012 – 2013
National Jewish Hospital Denver, CO
Volunteer (Rehabilitation) 2011 – 2012
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES
State of Minnesota – Board of Nursing Minneapolis, MN Registered Nurse – License Number 2476574 Expiration Date: September 30, 2020 CO State – Department of Regulatory Agencies Denver, CO Registered Nurse (RN 1646394) September 20, 2021
American Heart Association Denver, CO
ACLS Certification Expiration Date: August 31, 2019