Curriculum Vitae Of
Deshantha Kathri Arachchige.
Name in full Deshantha Iroshan Kathri Arachchige.
Date of birth
Sex & Status
Male / Married
NID No 752112177 V
Driving License, no NDL 0380945 / A021251889
School attended Mahanama College, Colombo 03. SRI LANKA. Employment Record Foundation / Hela Garments (pvt)Ltd Quality Assurance Manager,
December 2014 to up to date
Handling buyers; Calvin Klein, Costco, Warmers, Soma, Tommy, Torrid, A&F M&S, Superdry.
Matrix Company (Pvt) Ltd – Jordan Buying office
Quality Assurance Manager,
October 2013 to November 2014
Handle Buyers; Perry Ellis, Axist, Ben Hogan, Portpofilo, Wal-Mart Hirdaramani Group of Companies (Garment Factory)
Trend Setting Apparel (Pvt) Ltd.,
Quality Assurance Manager
May 2007 to September2013
Handle Buyers; M&S, Gap, Perry Ellis, Lucky Brand Next, Tesco. Asda (George) Lilly Pulitzer, Matalan
GAP Inc., (Colombo) (Buying office)
Senior Quality Auditor
November 2000 to April 2007.
Handle Buyer; Banana republic, Gap, Old Navy
Lucretia Apparel Ind. Limited (Buying office)
Senior Quality Controller
November 1998 to October 2000
Handle Buyer; Gap, Banana Republic, Tommy Hilfiger, Ck (Calvin Klan), Chaps J.S.N Apparels (Pvt.) Limited (Garment Factory)
Quality Assurance In-charge
June 1996 to October 1998
Handle Buyer; Mother, Mother Care
LM Apparels (Pvt.) Limited (Garment Factory)
Senior Production Executive
October 1994 to May 1996
Handle Buyer; Gap, Mark & Spencer
G.C.E. (Advanced Level) 1994
Financial & Cost Accounting S
Logic & scientific method S
Commerce & Finance C
Micro & Macro Economics C
G.C.E (Ordinary Level) 1991 Sri
Technical Science D
Social Studies C
*Diploma in Garment Production Management Clothing Industry Training Institute- CITI From 1995/07/03 to 1995/08/25.
*Certificate of Business Dynamics & Diagnosing Quality Problems – Business Dynamic Building a Culture of Excellence, 2005/03/05.
GARMENT BUYING OFFICE QUALITY ASSURANCE – (GAP Inc., Lucretia apparel, Matrix) Reporting to the GAP, Sri Lanka QA Manager/ Country Manager Areas covered, 1. Sampling Process
Check samples according to buyer approved construction details. Check samples measurements according to approved SPEC. Check samples appearance with dummy fit on.
Check samples accessories approved trims card & BOM. Closely follow suit buyer’s comments & communicate with buyer. Follow buyer’s product safety procedure.
Handling Samples types;
* Photo Shoot Samples.
* Sales Samples.
* Top Samples (Gold seal / Green seal). * Shipment Samples. 2. Complete conducting of Social compliance audits for manufacturing companies with special emphasis on international labour relations.
3. Handling complete quality control functions for the following brands labels. GAP – AQL 2.5
OLDNAVY – AQL 4.00
BANANA REPUBLIC (BR) – AQL 1.5
Perry Ellis, Axist, Ben Hogan, Portpofilo, Wal-Mart - AQL 1.5 Calvin Klein, Warner’s, Tommy, Walmart, A&F, M&S, Soma, - AQL 1.5 4. Introduced an engineering, designing and implementation of INDEPENDENT QUALITY INSPECTION SYSTEMS for GAP /OLDNAVY/BR orders within the local vendors. 4
5. Matching internal resources to business needs to maximize opportunities. 6. General Administration and Management functions. 7. Implement product safety method for children’s wear factories. (Needle control procedures, sources of metal contamination).
FACTORY PRODUCTTION & QUALITY ASSURANCE – (Hirdaramani Group, J.S.N apparel, LM apparel, Hela (FDN) Group.)
* First of all, need to maintain factory quality level with in AQL 1.5 1. Implementing Quality systems according to the styles and design. 2. Pattern correction & adjustment according to the approve SPEC. 3. Acknowledge QA team to, buyer’s important areas & critical operations. 4. Acknowledge workers about the Quality standard & on time Deliveries. 5. Share ideas with production team.
6. Conducting Pre-Production meeting & closely fallow up Samples. 7. Fabric inspection / Trim inspection / Shrinkage testing 8. On time problem solves & closely monitor factory Quality Process / QA reports / Product Safety. 9. Team work with factory all the departments.
Sports & Extra Curricular activities & Achievements Represented the Mahanama College Senior cadet camp held in Rantabe for 2 years (1992-1993) Represented the Mahanama College Rugby Team for 2 years (1992-1993) Senior member of the Mahanama College Athletic club from 1990 to 1993. Represented Mahanama College cadet platoon in participated the shooting meet in 1993 Organized by the Nalanada College cadet platoon.
Member of the social services society.
Member of the Buddhist Society
Member of the commerce Society
Active member of the Weight lifting team organized by the ministry of youth affairs from 1991 to 1993 Languages Known
English & Sinhala
I firm that the information given above is true to the best of my knowledge and belief and understand that any statement which not true in nature renders me liable to dismissal, if employed. Referees,
Mr. Sanjeewa Hemindra Herath. Mr. Prasanna Fernando. Code of practice safety officer, Quality Assurances Manager, Next Sourcing,4
Floor, TESCO Srilanka,
East Tower, World Trade Centre, N0#321, Galle Rd, Colombo 04, Colombo 01, Srilanka. Srilanka.