Fredric M. Spencer
**** ***** *** *****, ***** Prairie, TX 75052
Progressive engineering experiences and skills in manufacturing, supervising, cross training, creating assembly work instructions and setting up assembly workstations to build sub-assemblies and main assembly parts. Utilized Draft Sight, Micro-Cadam and AutoCad software to design and develop drawings for office furniture products, case goods, floor-plan layouts and assembly fixtures. Other experiences and skills include Project Management, Lean/Kaizen, SAP and 6S manufacturing process methods and techniques. Created and set-up Bill of Materials, Timestudies, Labor Routings, Shop Packets and Engineering Drawings for production assembly cells. Over several years of Process Engineering experience, providing technical documents and procedures, Supplier/ Vendor- First Article Inspection for Quality Control.
Citronix, Arlington, TX 2014 – 2019
Process Engineer/Line Supervisor
Responsible for creating and implementing assembly work instructions, supervising and cross training employees for the assembly of the Spotlight, Continuous Inkjet Printers. Other duties and responsibilities include developing and implementing test procedures for testing CIJ printers, CPU Boards, Electronic Touchscreens, Print Heads and sub-assembly printer component parts. Supervised and managed over 16 assembly workers to assemble and test field replacement parts for all versions of CIJ printers. Performed commissioning tests to verify all CIJ printers operate per the required printing specifications (Normal & Macro).
* Created and implemented new assembly instructions and test procedures for assembling, testing, and
flush/cleaning the Spotlight, continuous inkjet printers.
* Performed time studies for building of new sub-assemblies and electro-mechanical parts utilizing the
proper hand tools and test equipment for an efficient work flow.
* Utilized Draft Sight software to develop and design new work flow layouts for new assembly
workstations, storage racks for assembly parts, as well as set-up lab testing equipment areas to test CIJ
* Supervised and cross trained new and existing employees to learn how to assemble and test various
electronic parts using the proper hand tools, assembly instructions and updated drawings for
touchscreens, CPU boards, print heads and umbilicals used in the assembly of continuous inkjet
* Created and implemented quality inspection procedures using updated drawings and inspection tools
for incoming and outgoing of electro- mechanical and component parts, such as RFID boards, nozzles,
metal cabinets, touchscreens, fans, pump head motors and cables.
Joerns Healthcare, Arlington, TX 2011 - 2014
Manufacturing Engineer, Production and Facilities Supervisor
Responsible for organizing, planning and designing layouts for new machinery and equipment, such as CNC, Top Master, Dust Collector and Conveyor systems utilizing DraftSight software. Other duties and responsibilities include utilizing SAP for scheduling and printing production orders and assembly training, implementing assembly work instructions for air therapy and hospital equipment. Other duties include, setting up assembly- test work cells, ordering assembly tools and managing facility maintenance.
* Implemented assembly work instructions for the new Dolphin Air Therapy pump used with surface
mattresses for patients who have spinal cord and burn injuries.
* Designed, organized and arranged plant layouts for the transfer movement and installation of new
machinery and equipment, such as CNC, Top Master, Dust Collector machines, in addition to
setting up Conveyor Systems and Storage Racks for warehouse inventory.
* Implemented Lean and Six Sigma processes for the assembly and test procedures for the Dolphin and
Air Therapy- Pumps, Bed Panels, Staff Control Assembly Stations, Wood Fabrication and FO28
* Supervised and implemented new work orders and repair procedures for Facility/Maintenance
repairs to reduce outside vendor cost by 30%.
SandenVendo America, Inc., Dallas, TX 2010 – 2011
Responsible for planning and designing facility layouts utilizing AutoCad for the manufacturing of vending machines, such as the Hot Food Displays, V-21 Mini Coke and Glass Front snack machines. Other duties include working closely with purchasing and contractors to purchase and install new equipment, such as conveyor lines, running new power lines for hydraulic pumps and die machines. Other skills include utilizing AS-400 for implementing bill-of-materials and routings for new assembly and sheetmetal parts for MRP. Created and set up assembly work instructions for new vending machines, as well as developed testing procedures to perform hi-pot and vacuum testing for 110V and 220V refrigeration systems.
* Implemented assembly work instructions for the new V-21 Mini Coke vending machine.
* Rearranged the injection equipment and fixtures in foam room to become more efficient that
increased yield output of vending machine doors by 25%.
* Improved the Paint Line, 5-Stage Washer cleaning process and procedures by using DuBois Alkaline
VECTA-Steelcase, Grand Prairie, TX 1994 - 2009
Product Specials, Manufacturing Engineer
Responsible for research, design and development of standard and custom made office furniture products, case goods, tooling fixtures and accessories. Utilized Micro-Cadam, AutoCad and Pro-Engineer software to design furniture-floor plan layouts, created 2D and 3D components and assembly drawings for production. Worked closely with the CNC production teams by providing training, machine tooling and technical documents with shop floor instruction packets, drawing layouts, Structured Bill-of-Materials and Labor Routings. Set-up structured parts list in Product Data Management, AS-400 Mapics and Knowledge Base Configuration systems.
* Launched a new line of standard and custom made office furniture products and accessories.
For example, implemented a universal Interport-Power/Data Modular box, a folding and
fixed Aluminum, Veneer and Laminate Modesty Panels, and various elegant Conference and
Classroom Training Tables and Bases to increase product sales by 20%.
* Applied SPC, Lean manufacturing and Kaizen methods and techniques to reduce CNC machining
and production assembly process inefficiencies by 30%.
* Managed and set-up lab testing equipment and test procedures for new and custom made office
furniture products by evaluating the mechanical properties and failure analysis. Improved product
quality and reduced field failures and merchandise returns by 15%.
* Consulted and negotiated with vendors and suppliers to reduce material cost by 15%.
* Organized team meetings to act as a liaison among the customers, sales persons, order entry,
customer service, buyers and production to achieve the customer’s desired results and final approval
on all preliminary and final projects. Increased customer’s satisfaction and product quality
improvement ratings by 40%.
SIECOR CORPORATION, Keller, TX 1992 - 1993
Product Development Engineer
Responsible for design and development of fiber optic connectors, thermoplastic boot sleeves for
connectors and fixtures for the telecommunications industry. Personal Designer (PD5)-CAD.
* Designed and developed a prototype multiple U.V. light curing fixture which improved
productivity from 80 connectors an hour to 1200 connectors an hour.
* Conceived and implemented manufacturing assembly installations and testing procedures
for the fiber optic assembly production, reducing assembly time required by one third.
* Co-designed plastic injection molded parts for connectors to include tooling and fixtures.
SEAGATE TECHNOLOGY, Oklahoma City, OK 1990 - 1991
Supplier-Materials Quality Engineer
Responsible for material quality from various suppliers used in the manufacture of computer disk
drives as well as assembly quality control for PWA's, circuit board solders and electro-mechanical assemblies. Other responsibilities involved first article inspections and performing material audits.
* Identified and corrected a design error with disk drive sheet metal assemblies which had
previously gone undetected.
* Investigated and resolved PWB malfunctions due to faulty solder connections and effected
a resoldering procedure which eliminated this problem.
* Implemented SPC and ISO-9000 for vendor certification. Reduced costs and material rejects by 15%.
MCDONNELL DOUGLAS COMPANY, St. Louis, MO 1988 - 1990
Liaison Design/Manufacturing Engineer Confidential Security Clearance
Responsible for determining the strength and function of detail and assembly parts (composite and sheetmetal) through nonconformance inspection to blueprint. Received MRB (Material Review Board Authority) for DoD-STD-480 to disposition nonconformances. Projects supported, F-15, F-18, AV-8B Harrier and the C-130 aircrafts.
* Analyzed and developed repair and rework methodologies for nonconforming parts
resulting in their salvage and subsequent use.
* Analyzed the mechanical properties for heat treated and annealed aluminum alloys (7075 & 6061).
* Implemented repair methods for welded titanium assemblies (actuators & vertical stabilizers).
* Designed flat pattern layouts for the fabrication of sheetmetal and composite assemblies.
* Implemented ECN’s and Corrective Action for quality improvement. Reduced rework by 25%.
Computer Software Skills: MS Office Suites, Outlook, Project, Word, Excel, Power Point, Lotus 1-2-3,
DraftSight,Micro-Cadam, Pro-Engineer, Autocad and CADD.
B.S. Mechanical Engineering, Tennessee State University-1988, Engineering Scholarship
Co-op, Missouri Pacific Railroad - Signal Engineer, ASME
State Community College-1983, East St. Louis, IL, A.S. in Pre-engineering with honors