Prospect, CT *****
Highly experienced in multiple facets of manufacturing engineering and design. Pursuing a position in the manufacturing area where my skills and hands-on expertise can be utilized. Work Experience
Manufacturing / Process Engineer
SEITZ LLC., contract plastic molding facility - Torrington, CT January 2013 to September 2019
• Engineer in secondaries production department processing plastic molded parts to meet customer requirements.
• Design / build and implement ultrasonic, thermal and assembly tooling for new projects and upgrades to existing processes.
• Worked closely with QA dept. to design and build measurement gages, go/no-go gages and measuring techniques used in the metrology lab as well as on the shop floor.
• Electronically integrate Poka-yoke features into fixture designs and injection molds to eliminate operator error, product scrap and catastrophic tool damage.
• Worked with Quoting Department, Project Managers, and Tool Design utilizing acquired experience, DFM and PFMEA principles.
• Developed control plans, work instructions, time studies and combination / balance labor tables to improve production efficiency.
• Designed lean cells with 1-piece flow.
• Team captain for various Corrective Actions (CAR) both internal and external.
• Performed production set-ups and debugging, machine/tooling repair, and complete documentation of changes/improvements to satisfy production needs. Manufacturing / Automation Engineer
SPECTRUM PLASTICS, contract plastic molding facility - Ansonia, CT December 2009 to November 2012
• Engineer in secondaries production facility processing plastic molded parts.
• Designed tooling and set-up ultrasonic plastic welding and thermal staking equipment.
* Processed hot-stamping and pad printing plastic components. Senior Manufacturing and Design Engineer
SONIC & THERMAL TECHNOLOGIES CORP - Milford, CT
August 1993 to September 2009
Manufacturer of thermal presses and ultrasonic tooling used in the Plastics Industry, Milford, CT Senior Manufacturing and Design Engineer
• Design engineer of facility manufacturing ultrasonic tooling consisting of concepts, design and detail, assembly, purchasing, and documentation control.
• Developed Thermal product line consisting of bench-top and high tonnage presses for use in various plastic assembly processes.
* Designed tooling standards to facilitate rapid manufacture of customer specific tooling in ultrasonic and thermal applications.
* Customer contact for initial product design stage; developed cost-effective methods of plastic assembly and production tooling for customer's applications.
* Designed customer specific semi and fully automated assembly equipment utilizing various electro- mechanical devices and technologies while maintaining ergonomic and OSHA requirements.
* Proficient in ultrasonic horn design and associated requirements of ultrasonic plastic welding
* Proficient in CAD design utilizing Kubotek / Cadkey 3D solids programs. Limited use of Autocad and Solid Works when required.
TENAX CORP., contract molding facility - Danbury, CT 1989 to 1993
• Engineer in secondaries production facilities processing plastic molded parts.
* Processed ultrasonic welded, hot-stamped and pad printed plastic components. Education
B.S. in Manufacturing Engineering
WENTWORTH INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY - Boston, MA
1987 to 1989
A.S. in Manufacturing Engineering
WATERBURY STATE TECHNICAL COLLEGE - Waterbury, CT
1985 to 1987
3d design, Cadkey, Minitab, Excel, Microsoft excel, Word, Lean Manufacturing, Statistical Process Control, Continuous Improvement, CAD
COMPUTER SKILLS: Microsoft Excel and Word, Minitab, Kubotek / Cadkey 3D Design.