Global Procurement - Project Management -Purchasing Manager
Bilingual Procurement Executive with over 20 years of global experience leading over 30 Million in spend in large organizations. Most known as a leader who can work with stakeholders to be more agile, reduce risk, enhance supplier performance, increase revenue and long-term sustainability. A visionary that has led a transformation of strategic sourcing with a successful track record of vendor and operational management excellence within high volume competitive environments. LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
Leading Change Management
Sophisticated Technology Solutions
Deployment of Metrics
Strong Negotiation skills
Global Service Delivery
Complex Business Models
Willing to relocate: Anywhere
Global Procurement Category Manager
ISS Facility Services Inc - Montréal, QC
June 2015 to January 2019
Executed all procurement activities in a highly competitive environment supported multi sites. Driving strategy deployment and strong communication with all levels. Led transformation to a strategic procurement model Worked with transition team for Global clients on due diligence to propose a new solution Annual Direct spend of portfolio $30 + million across 150 suppliers saving over 1 million in 12 months Managing a significant contract spend portfolio for 3 global clients, Molson, Bombardier, HP. Developed and executed RFI's, RFQ's and RFP's and assisting in the evaluation of good and services. Negotiating contracts and worked with the Operations Manager, Corporate Procurement and the Facility Manager.
Ensure compliance obligation of procurement processes within the Procurement Policy. Followed up on a contractual obligation to ensure mutual renewal and respect commitment. Monitored supplier performance by establishing performance indicators and periodic meetings. Drafted contracts and tendering documents, including evaluation criteria and contract management plans, policies and procedures.
Broadened and developed supplier base
Achieved improvement in conditions for strategic projects increasing value-add of deals. Regional Buyer - Facility Manager - Customer Installation Air Liquide Canada Inc - Montréal, QC
1983 to 2014
• Negotiated discounts and benefits and built up preferred customer relationships with multiple suppliers.
• Lead the overall daily operations of the material department including shipping, receiving and purchasing of all materials and supplies.
• Manage the ordering and stocking of shop inventory by identifying new suppliers and vendors; Prepare purchase orders by verifying specifications and price, obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items; obtaining approval from the requisitioning department.
• Ensure that all required materials are timely ordered and purchase orders are completed in a timely manner in the Oracle system.
• Knowledge and experience using Oracle, ERP systems and advanced Excel skills
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently, meeting deadlines and budgetary targets and maintaining & focus calmly on the desired result.
• Appreciated as a reliable and energetic team player with exceptional communications & interpersonal skills and a very positive attitude, who builds good working relationships with colleagues and suppliers.
• Purchasing for Bulk Customer Installation and devoted to consolidating the buying process in order to maximize leverage and supplier discounts available. Prior to this, different departments had developed their own supplier relationships and processes
• Acted as troubleshooter and manager for buildings and installations in Eastern Canada with responsibility for telephone systems and for liaison between IT and users for major changes such as office relocations, the move from thin client terminals to PCs, etc.
• Responsible for Building Maintenance for 17 sites, Contract Management, HVAC, Security System, IT Citrix, Building Maintenance, Electronic.
• Consolidating the buying process in order to maximize leverage & supplier discounts available. Education
Project Management Program [PMP) in Project Management PMI - Montréal, QC
March 2019 to April 2019
Legal administration (cival law) in Administration - Legal - Civil Law O'Sullivan College - Montréal, QC
September 1980 to June 1982
High School Diploma in Business administration
Roussin Academy - Montréal, QC
September 1977 to September 1980
Microsoft Office (10+ years), Leadership Development (10+ years), Contract Negotiation (10+ years), Time Management (10+ years), Relationship Building (10+ years), Communication and Active Listening. (10+ years), Result Focus (10+ years), Procurement (10+ years), Supply Chain (10+ years), Purchase (10+ years), Customer Service (10+ years), IT Support (10+ years), Human Touch (5 years), Project Management Professional (5 years), Supply Chain (10+ years), RFI (10+ years), Purchase, RFP, Ecommerce, Procurement, Supply Chain, Purchase, RFP, CPG Awards
President Award - for excellences
Awarded for presidents club
January 2005 to March 2019
Mastering Purchasing Fundamentals
o Microsoft Excel For Purchasing Professionals
o Supply Management Contract Writing
o Powerful Negotiation For Successful Buying
o 14 Purchasing Best Practices
o Savings Strategy Development
o Procurement academy
Workforce Training -
Obtained SPSM® Purchasing Certification in 2005, and followed numerous other courses, including: Mastering Purchasing Fundamentals; Microsoft Excel for Purchasing Professionals; Supply Management Contract Writing; Powerful Negotiation or Successful Buying; 14 Purchasing Best Practices; Savings Strategy Development; Leadership Certification; Microsoft Office Certification; Organizational Skills & Time Management Certification, Human Touch Management, Strategic Procurement Process Academy, Working on getting certified PMI (June 2019)