Dynamic and effective leader with over 20 years of management experience. Adept at building relationships at all levels of the business, managing projects and coaching individuals and teams to success. A trusted and respected manager who maintains initiative and sound judgement in all situations, while leveraging a natural ability to stay calm and offer solutions in chaotic situations.
Cost Reduction Strategies
Equipment and Services Procurement
Team Leadership & Development
EXECUTIVE ADVISER & COACH
KWIK SIGNS / 2019 – PRESENT
As a conduit for improvement, I take pride in supporting others as they take progressive strides towards becoming an enhanced version of themselves.
• Analyzed current processes and procedures in order to provide recommendations and guidance in order to streamline work flow and increase profitability.
• Reviewed resumes and made recommendations for hiring.
• Mentored individuals on decision-making and problem-solving skills to be able to find effective ways to deal with specific production-related issues.
• Assessed production methods to determine viable improvement methodologies.
• Identified strategies to reduce production costs, improve regulation compliance and produce a better product.
• Collected relevant information to aid in the assessment of workplace protocols and production procedures.
• Used strong leadership skills to implement effective workplace solutions.
• Practiced effective communication and interpersonal skills while interacting with Managers, supporting office staff and production staff.
• Promoted a pro-active mindset with all office, production and field staff to overcome challenges before they occur.
• Coached new managers on creating an employee review process.
• Developed an employee handbook that incorporated accessibility, workplace harassment, diversity & inclusion, time off policies and the like.
• Lead change management initiatives, employee relations and team building. PROJECT MANAGEMENT & CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER
PATTISON SIGN GROUP / 2013 – 2019
Led a national team of 19 Project Managers and 3 Field Technicians with the primary focus of delivering superior customer service and on-time completion of all projects.
• Managed North American projects valued at over $30M for major clients such as General Motors, Lexus, A&W and Rogers, ensuring projects were completed on- time and within budget.
• Acted as company spokesperson for the iconic Honest Ed’s sign removal giving News broadcast, Newspaper and online interviews.
• Led internal and external client meetings and presentations, to strengthen the service relationship and ensure client’s objectives were being met.
• Worked collaboratively with clients and PM’s to resolve and ensure small challenges did not grow into substantial issues.
• Reviewed and steered projects to ensure cost-effectiveness and promote cost savings.
• Enhanced relationships with cross-functional teams, resulting in better coordination and communication between project stakeholders.
• Responsible for all aspects of team performance, including monitoring employee productivity and optimizing procedures to ensure team goals were met.
• Coached the Project Management team on developing and maintaining respectful relationships with internal and external clients.
• Ensured the team consistently and effectively met and/or exceeded client expectations, while developing individual knowledge and skills. SYSTEMS
Epicor (internal ERP)
CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER
PATTISON SIGN GROUP / 2009 – 2013
Led a cross-functional team of 12 team members responsible for providing on-call and emergency service repairs to North American clients.
• Supported a preventative maintenance program for North American clients such as General Motors, Toyota, Honda, KIA and Hyundai.
• Monitored vendor network focused on superior service and on-time completion.
• Responded to all escalated issues and liaised with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure a satisfactory resolution for all involved.
• Amalgamated the preventative maintenance vendor network in both Canada and the US, resulting in cost savings of over $500K.
• Recommended process improvements that resulted in a cost reduction of approximately 25% for service calls.
• Maintained and improved customer satisfaction by ensuring all calls were responded to in a professional and courteous manner.
• Fostered a culture of accountability and ownership to facilitate continuous improvement in team members and encourage performance excellence.
• Mentored and guided team members on making successful choices when rectifying emergency situations and how to deescalate interactions with customers, thus increasing their knowledge and self-confidence. PRODUCTION EXPEDITER
PATTISON SIGN GROUP / 2004 – 2009
Responsible for planning, organizing and coordinating logistic operations in support of production by ensuring parts and materials are supplied according to the operation schedule.
• Coordinated/scheduled all incoming work to the manufacturing plant and provided ongoing updates for any project on the plant floor to various business units.
• Verified information provided to the manufacturing team was accurate and sourced solutions when required.
• Cultivated relationships with manufacturing partners enlisted to produce a specific element or all aspects of a given project.
• Coordinated manufacturing processes between the main plant, sister plant and all sub-contractors.
• Reviewed production orders, schedules, delivery dates and inventory levels to determine product availability.
• Assisted in all aspects of inventory control.
SELF-EMPLOYED / 1992 – 1999
Successfully operated a small business that focused on small and large custom renovation projects, insurance restorations and landscape construction.
• Built and maintained relationships with clients to ensure job satisfaction and on-going communication throughout the project.
• Managed and organized sub-trades at various job sites to meet client demands and tight deadlines.
• Inspected work sites to secure dimensions, layout a work plan and create a written estimate for each potential job.
• Obtained the required permits from local jurisdictional agencies.
• Negotiated with vendors and suppliers on pricing to ensure reasonable costs for clients.
• Operated various heavy equipment including backhoes and excavators.
• Maintained a thorough inventory of equipment and supplies.
• Kept detailed and organized records of all jobs performed. BOB ZINCONE
BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION – INFORMATION SYSTEMS
DURHAM COLLEGE / 2000 – 2003
• Graduated on the Dean’s List, Honour Roll and the President’s Honour Roll.
• Received the Durham College Award
• Studied programming languages.
• National Sign Association Member.
• Certified in Standard First Aid and CPR/AED Level C.
• Management Representative on company H&S Board
• Received the Ontario Volunteer Service for over 15 years of volunteer service with youth soccer.
• 5+ years volunteer experience with both children and adults with intellectual disabilities. RECOGNITION
“On a daily basis Bob demonstrated a strong commitment to effective leadership and maintained it regardless of how chaotic or stressful the situation. Bob’s ability to stay calm, offer solutions, and project supportive authority is a particular quality not possessed naturally by many individuals. As a result, Bob’s guidance was often in high demand from his team to assist with their personal challenges outside of the work environment because of the respect, confidentiality, compassion and support that he conveyed at all times.”
“Bob’s ability to stay calm regardless of the situation and create calmness with those around him is unprecedented. Whether it is a stressful or chaotic event, an employee needing counselling/guidance, or an irate individual, Bob has a natural gift of turning the situation to a positive outcome.”
Kim Brumwell – previous manager