William Hagan Brown
Experienced Systems Administrator with 5+ years of experience seeking employment with a company as a System Administrator in Linux and other Operating Systems and also have help desk / IT skills that will help drive the company forward and also to better my skills. A very proficient Systems Admin with unique skills that cuts across various platforms and applications. Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Linux Systems Administrator
Affordable healthcare - Columbia, MD
April 2013 to Present
• Maintained a flexible working schedule to help support an 24x7 operations.
• Standing up EC2 instances, configuring security groups, taking snapshots and backups in AWS
• Installing and configuring all 500 Linux Red Hat servers in the network per specifications of clients.
• Monitoring of Linux servers, and troubleshooting as required.
• Patching of both test and Production environments
• Installing, configuring and maintaining of Apache in production
• Installing, configuring and maintaining Subversion server on Linux servers, as well creating and managing users
• Creating and maintaining of DNS servers.
• Ability to understand client requirement and provide the best solution.
• Installed Red Hat Linux using Kick Start and applying security policies hardening the server based on the company policies.
• Automation of tasks using Bash Scripting, Ansible and setting up jobs using Cron and Jenkins
• Building and hosting of virtual servers using VMware (esxi 6.0)
• Making Documentations and updating company wiki
• Planning and making documentation of disaster recovery procedure and IT best practices and training people in the organization.
• Maintaining and ownership of G-Suite email system Linux Systems Administrator
April 2012 to April 2013
• Installation, configuration, maintenance of Linux Servers and Workstations.
• Creation of Users, Groups and mount points for NFS support management of user accounts, files and directory permissions, and securing systems to match industry best practices
• Maintaining appropriate file and system security, monitoring and controlling system access, changing permission, ownership of files and directories, maintaining passwords, assigning special privileges to selected users and controlling file access, monitoring status of process to increase system efficiency, scheduling system related Cron jobs.
• Hosting servers using VMware
• Updating of redhat servers using puppet
• Writing and editing of scripts using Bash
• RedHat 6.3 Administration
• Maintain and support 322 servers
• Installation and configuration of SSH software to provide secure logins for clients involved in shell and data transfer.
• Installation and configuration of VMware workstation on Linux platforms. Motivation / Skills:
Excellent Customer Service
A keen desire to learn and update knowledge base and skill sets to keep abreast of latest technologies and trends.
Willingness to relocate and ability to quickly adapt to new environments & technologies. Nationality status:
Bachelor's in Science
Lehman College - Bronx, NY
January 2014 to May 2018
APACHE, FREEBSD, RED HAT, SHELL SCRIPTING, NFS, Vmware, Linux, System Admin, Active Directory, System Administrator, Linux Administrator, SCCM, Redhat Certifications and Licenses
AWS developer Associate