HARSHAL VIKAS KATARIYA
Deputy Manager – Service Operations
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile: 009**********, Doha. Qatar.
A competent professional with over 13 years of experience in: Production planning & Control Manufacturing Engineering Process Planning Documentation/ Cost Control Supplier management Cycle time optimization Project Management & Execution Kaizen’s, 5s implementation ISO Implementation Sales & Service business Maintenance Management
1. Jersey Services, Qatar (Doha) (from June’15 till date) Jersey Services, the technical services arm of Jersey Group, came in to answer a persistent need for broad-based maintenance, repair and consulting services for air conditioning equipment. Behind the company’s success are teams of highly experienced engineers whom clients can really count on – be it for round-the-clock service, client site assistance, emergency help or aftersales support. With optimized inventory management, Jersey Services ensures adequate spares are available at any point in time. Plus, the company’s teams have the latest tools and tackles at their command to fulfil every kind of requirement. In the Qatar market, broadly speaking, Jersey Services offers two types of maintenance contracts for air conditioning equipment: annual maintenance contract and time-and-material contract.
Designation: Deputy Manager – Service Operations.
Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Performing installation, testing, commissioning of Centrifugal & Screw chillers. 2. Dismantling & assembling of Centrifugal compressors, Screw compressors. 3. Providing technical solutions to the subordinates whenever required and frequent training (on-site & classroom) on general operations & maintenance of HVAC systems. 4. Work Scheduling and providing technical support for HVAC technicians to meet service demands and customers’ expectations
5. Recruit and train HVAC technicians as required to meet workload demands and company or customer expectations.
6. Supervises and directs the HVAC technicians to effectively perform the functions of equipment repair, installation, start-up, operation, and other duties as required to ensure customer satisfaction. 7. Reviews technicians work to ensure quality meets established standards, techniques and safety requirements; makes recommendations as requirements to improve quality and productivity. 8. Responsible for HVAC technicians’ performance appraisals and setting improvement goals per company requirements.
9. Establish and maintain a regular training program to ensure that HVAC technicians are properly trained on service techniques in preventive maintenance, start-up, trouble-shooting, and repair of supported equipment along with safety procedures for equipment and general working conditions. 10. Conducts group and one-on-one meetings with technicians as required for training, evaluation and general communication; participates and/or conducts regularly scheduled departmental safety/informational meetings. 11. Communicates daily with Sales team on project information, estimated time to complete jobs, labor hours and parts or material usage.
12. Maintains communication with OEM, vendors and factory personnel concerning warranty issues, product recall notices, operational problems with products, premature failures and other issues as they apply to products and equipment sold and serviced by the Service team. 13. Develop and monitor yearly budgets, goals and objectives to ensure departmental profitability. 14. Review work orders, service reports for accuracy and to ensure timely completion of the work orders as per monthly target.
15. Specify and ensure that required parts are ordered in timely fashion to ensure work deadlines are met. 16. Ensures that all company/department policies are being followed by all HVAC technicians. 17. Oversees assigned HVAC service vehicles, monitors vehicles to ensure they are being maintained and operated as required and used according to company policy. 18. Generate sales leads; and promotes and develops maintenance/service agreements; estimates and generate bids for contract projects/work.
19. Manages larger installation, start-up and commissioning projects; coordinates and directs a team of technicians and/or installing contractors; performs prestart-up inspections and completes turnover of equipment to owner.
20. Work with other departmental managers to meet company departmental goals and objectives. 2. Kirloskar Chillers Private Limited.
Kirloskar Chillers Pvt Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Kirloskar Group, the company was established in 1996 & presently market Leader in chillers.
Main Products: Water cooled screw chiller, Water cooled centrifugal chiller and Air cooled screw chiller. Designation: Assistant Manager - Manufacturing. (From July’06 to May’15) Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Plan, monitor and control product manufacturing / assembly as per the customer requirement. 2. Maintaining or improving the quality of products in line with determined standards. 3. Coordinate planning of procurement of the material with minimum inventory and down time. 4. Guide and motivate people to work towards efficiency and productivity of the highest order. 5. Strive for cost reduction, continuous quality improvement, good housekeeping and maintenance of QA systems.
6. Effective implementation of Production plan to achieve production target. 7. Planning of H R steel plates of IS2062, layout generation considering production plan with minimal wastage percentage.
8. Kaizen’s, 5s implementation for smooth flow of processes. 9. Ensure no wastage of material in production process, control rejection & rework at every work station. 10. Implementation of ISO procedures for standardization. 11. Tooling arrangement at shop floor for smooth material movement & better productivity. 12. Active team leader for implementation of K’group Manufacturing excellence model. 13. Active team member of “TEAM INNOVATION” from manufacturing department. 14. Core team member of ORACLE Apps. 188.8.131.52 for routing & discrete job releases. ACADEMIC DETAILS
B. E. Production (S/W) (2002 - 2006)
Bachelors of Production Engineering with Distinction – Govt. COE Pune. KEY SKILLS
Expertise in Production Planning & Control.
Expert in Air-conditioning & Refrigeration equipments. Behavioural: -
Good at quickly learning any new system & process
Good interpersonal communication skills.
Strong work ethic and continuously demonstrated strong team work.
Multi task management and ability to remain focused.
Make a long term commitment to projects even under pressure. ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Won “Player of the year” award in sports event in Hostel.
Secured district level certificate in “Kho-Kho”
Attended workshop on Kaizen, Toyota production system & 5’s implementation.
Attended workshop on Welding Technology.
Active participation in Model making competition in FERVOR event at COEP
Won award for project “TPM of CNC ARBOGA 3 machine”. PERSONAL MINUTES
Date of birth : 24th March, 1985
Marital Status : Married
Nationality : Indian
Passport no : J2180069
Languages Known : English, Hindi, and Marathi
Permanent Address : 1187, Main Road, Karmala- 413203. Dist.: Solapur. Visa details : Residence visa-Qatar.
Qatar Driving Licence : Yes (Valid for Qatar only). Declaration: -
I hereby declare that the above-mentioned information is correct up to my knowledge and I bear the responsibility for the correctness of the above-mentioned particulars. Harshal Vikas Katariya