Arlene E. Cox
** ****** ****, **** **, Derry, NH 03038
PROFILE Result-driven individual with over 10 plus years of secretarial experience working in law firms, and approximately 19 years’ experience in a corporate legal department. I continually strive to improve my skills and knowledge to attain increased opportunities for personal and professional growth.
MFS Investment Management
April 2000 – June 2018
Paralegal – Class Action Project Leader
• Supervise and train the junior paralegal(s) in the litigation group.
• Review the work product of the junior paralegal(s).
• Research, prepare and submit all documentation required to file claims in various securities and antitrust litigation to enable the funds and institutional clients to recover monies.
• Review MCAD complaints, draft MCAD responses for attorney review.
• Work with groups both internally and externally to ensure that the data being provided for securities and antitrust litigation filings is accurate and provided in a timely manner.
• Review and respond to all follow-up items for the various securities and antitrust litigations.
• Research and compile all documents needed to respond to various types of subpoenas, garnishments, summons, information requests, etc., and ad hoc requests regarding shareholders and employees. Respond to all follow-up questions or issues as needed.
• Interfaced with internal and external clients to evaluate and achieve workable solutions for a variety of shareholder issues.
• Review and prepare quarterly litigation audit reports for the attorneys.
• Update and maintain Access databases for the securities and antitrust litigation fillings and various subpoena responses.
• Handle various other matters as assigned by the attorneys. October 1997 – May 1999 Legal Secretary
• Support four attorneys in all work areas related to litigation, employment/MCAD matters, real estate, mutual funds and bond matters.
• Some of my responsibilities included typing and transcribing recorded materials, and composing correspondence and documents for all cases handled by the attorneys.
• Creating and organizing all the files for each case. Arlene E. Cox
12 Perley Road, Unit 33, Derry, NH 03038
Interacting with individuals and departments both internally and externally to obtain information and documents requested by the attorneys.
Bitstream PageFlex Inc.
May 1999 – April 2000
PageFlex Lead Coordinator
• Coordinate the travel and hotel arrangements for the PageFlex trainers and sales team.
• Respond to client inquiries regarding the use of PageFlex software.
• Work with the trainers and sales team to complete all sales of the PageFlex software.
• Draft and distribute non-disclosure agreements for the PageFlex software.
• Ship demo and full license CDs of the PageFlex software to various clients.
SKILLS • Self-starter and motivated to learn and improve
• Interpersonal and written communication skills
• Team player
• Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat. Working knowledge of Access.
• Data entry
• Experience in administrative support which includes typing, composing documents and correspondence, scanning, copying of documents, scheduling appointments, making travel
arrangements. Organizing and maintaining various files. EDUCATION
1984 – 1985 Burdett Business School, Boston, MA
2000 - 2018 Attended various Microsoft software, mutual fund and retirement classes offered by MFS Investment Management. Participated in external workshops and seminars to ensure that I was knowledgeable regarding the numerous types of domestic and foreign securities litigations cases.
REFERENCES Available upon request