Jatin Patel email@example.com
Freddie Mac/JPM Consultancy Mar-2019 To Current
Delivery Consultant - Trust and Safety, AI/ML, Big Data and Cloud Managed the migration of the existing FreddieMac Big Data AI/ML Analytics Platform (“BDAP”) Hortonworks Hadoop on- premise environment to Amazon Web Services (“AWS”) Cloud based on Trust and Safety policies. Coordinated product development & BDAP migration on AWS across 15+ teams in highly complex org structure and dynamics. Partnered with Product Leadership to define 2020 road map for Freddie Mac product lines. Defined the technology roadmap & strategy. Managed~ $10 million in NPI by putting into place financial mechanisms to track spending across development teams.
● Managed delivery of BDAP Data and AI/ML Analytic platform on Amazon Web Services (AWS). Coordinated product development & Hadoop migration on cloud across 15+ Business teams in highly complex org structure and dynamics. The platform uses AWS services tech stack such as EMR, EC2, Time series, Hadoop, Cassandra, Kafka, Airflow, Genie, ELK and other Data & Analytics Services
● Analyze content operations teams and processes – identifying and remediating inconsistencies, tweaking the internal organizational structure when necessary
● Short term vendor management on a project-based scale
● Bridged the gap between operations, analytics, and product teams in order to better leverage billions of data points to further Freddie Mac’s development of machine learning.
● Partnered with many cross-functional teams to tackle Freddie Mac’s most challenging problems, including InfoSec, Loan, fraud detection and mitigation, credit risk assessment, and automating delightful customer experiences
● Translate business and product requirements into comprehensive product/process development stories
● Build relationships by collaborating with Engineering, Product counterparts, and other major internal stakeholders, enabling ML and DS teams to absorb domain knowledge from relevant teams
● Ensure timely execution of all project assets to meet launch dates, and help support analytics and hind-sighting post-launch
● Communicate strategic milestones and due dates to all stakeholders, ensuring information is available and complete, including to executive stakeholders
● Ensure base data is planned to be built for all relevant problems, coordinating with Core Data team to architect flows correctly
● Managed delivery of Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning program for Freddie mac use cases
● Drove teams through the Software engineering experience using Agile and demonstrated analytical and technical skills.
● Developed strong partnerships with functional leaders to drive focus on business objectives. A trusted partner for executive management to ensure program success.
● Drive efficiencies and new ways of thinking with a goal of reducing waste and increasing predictability.
● Help the team focus on the critical few: filter issues based on a clear understanding of the business strategies and objectives, and helps the team break down complex problems.
● Develop, maintain and publish project KPI’s that track project quality, delivery and predictability.
● Supported workgroup alignment meetings to address tactical release issues, dependencies, team status, production issues, metrics review, milestones, etc. (cross functional -Quality Assurance, Product Owners, Scrum masters, TechOps, Release Eng, Capacity, Functional Managers, Release Management).
● Define dashboards for managing and measuring team progress against targets
● Use data-analysis tools like SQL, Excel, Google Spreadsheets and write PRDs and process flows
● Managed ~$10 million in NPI by putting into place financial mechanisms (estimating, funding, budgeting, forecasting, controlling and reporting) to track spending across development teams. Partnered with Product & Finance to define the NPI allotment across the portfolio.
● Provide visibility to program status (key decisions, dependencies, issues, risks, metrics, etc.) on an ongoing basis through push status reporting (to all stakeholders, team members, and interested parties). 1
● Established and executed project communication plan, meeting facilitation; presentation and delivery.
● Demonstrated success in team leadership, stakeholder management, process adherence, ownership/ commitment, learning agility and risk management capabilities.
● Work with engineers to establish and execute an effective code branching strategy that allows for on-time delivery of multiple simultaneous releases.
● Meet with the QA Department to coordinate testing and release schedules.
● Improved the project timeline through schedule management and progress tracking of schedule and budget.
● Work with engineering teams and ensure project is delivered within approved budget, schedule, contingency and meets quality standards.
● Negotiates conflict resolution when needed between team members or product owners.
● Utilize motivation techniques to ensure project team reaches goals and milestones.
● Be responsible for coaching and mentoring a strong development team; recruiting, onboarding, and retention.
● Created a collaborative environment that fosters creativity, innovation, and learning.
● Trained and coached teams on best agile and scrum development practices
● Inspire the engineering team to effectively estimate and prioritize tasks in order to maintain a realistic delivery schedule Barrick Digital Mar 2018 To Mar
Principal DM - Cloud and AI/ML
Managed the creation of a stable repeatable digital solution which can deliver huge market-changing innovations, in bite-size pieces. Defined the technology roadmap & strategy on AWS . The products helped to reduce processing cost by 5%. Managed~ $50 million in NPI by putting into place financial mechanisms to track spending across development teams. Build agile/scrum practices in digital org and partner with external consulting team to build scrum curriculum, share the current practices with them and created best practices to implement in Barrick.
● Managed the application and data migration by creating infrastructure environment to support multiple servers operating as bear metal, VMs, and Clusters across the world.
● Led the team in creating the Prod/QA AWS Cloud environment with different EC2 instances, Security Groups, Classic/Elastic Load Balancers (ELB), S3, Lambda, CloudWatch, Cloud Trail, SNS, Athena, API Gateway, DynamoDB, SQS, VPC and Glacier with RDS Database backend service.
● Demonstrated very strong technical leadership and people management skills including solid communication and analytical skills with thorough understanding of product development and successful problem definition, decomposition, estimation and resolution.
● Managed the development of the user acceptance testing criteria for applications being developed by Digital for the AWS cloud deployments.
● Interfaced with cross-functional teams to insure scope, schedule, resources are aligned across teams.
● Worked at all levels, including work at and communicate at CXO levels
● Drove and managed projects and drive them from start to completion
● Worked with our GM's to establish a PMO infrastructure to mobilize and manage programs by applying a proven PMO framework and methodology based on industry recognized global standards.
● Engaged leadership to design, establish and operate day to day program and governance structures tracking performance, status and benefit realization across work streams.
● Drove internal process improvements, remove gaps, across multiple teams and functions and insure teams are working on programs moving toward higher-level company mission.
● Nurtured the high performing PMO function team within Digital organization.
● Created empathetic team culture based on respect, collaboration, equal opportunity, and recognition of strong contributions.
● Recruited and professional developed resources to motivate and maintain deep talent bench.
● Continuously improved holistic portfolio management approach by gaining and maintaining positive stakeholder engagement.
● Supported effort on commercially leverage and monetize the digital platform.
● Involved in early phase exploration of opportunities, solution definition, budget alternative with Architecture, DevOps, Domains) @ higher level, ie., build vs. buy .
● Drove management and delivery of business capability roadmaps across Domains, Architecture, and Technology Optimization.
● Drove/Tracked product scrum team milestones against business outcomes, Coordinated cross team dependencies (business, architecture, domain, DevOps, vendors) to prevent bottlenecks and quick issue resolution.
● Facilitated risk mitigation and contingency planning at initiative level.Surfaced issues and risks; escalate for resolution.
● Facilitated the creation, prioritization, planning and execution of business capability and technical roadmaps w/Architecture, business and DevOps.
● Partnered with TM, Architecture in creation of scrum team milestones (post concept sprint).
● Provided financial rollup to portfolio leaders by aggregating scrum team milestones, vendor SOWs, Hardware/Software and any other ancillary costs. In addition, provided financial outlook based on roadmaps and planned future milestones, where needed.
● Participated in monthly portfolio planning and financial reviews; took action accordingly.
● Performed vendor option analysis (in partnership with Strategic Sourcing, Business, Architecture, DevOps.
● Managed Headcount Reports,Team Rosters,Developed Governance Models for Confluence, JIRA Portfolio Dashboard, Confluence space admin, Jira Setup, Facilitated QBR,Defined Documentation Standards, Enforced Product Reviews, Stories and good Engineering practice, Defined Ways of Working in partnership with everyone,Worked with Partner Special Projects.
● Define and drive product strategy based on the product management landscape, competitor analysis, and user feedback
● Propose solutions to iterate, launch, test, assess, and create an ongoing feedback loop to refine the user experience and continue to enhance business results
● Drive “whole” product delivery across all functional teams including business, compliance, development, QA, support, training, marketing and documentation
● Develop positioning to facilitate the development of product marketing communications, education and sales tools relating to ROI, benefits, features and functions of the product GE Digital June 2014 - March
Principal DM/SDM - Cloud
Managed delivery of Operational Performance Management and Predix Data Fabric Platform on Amazon Web Services(AWS). Coordinated product development & M&D migration on Predix APM across 27+ teams in highly complex org structure and dynamics. Partnered with Product Leadership to define 2018 road map for Power Digital Products on Predix, APM and OPM product lines. Defined the technology roadmap & strategy. The products have impact on targeted orders of
$1B+ in 2018. Managed~ $40 million in NPI and SG&A by putting into place financial mechanisms to track spending across development teams.
Acentia Oct 2013 - June 2014
Lead the End-Stage Renal Disease(ESRD) Quality Incentive Program(QIP) system is for development effort for the CMS Center for Clinical Standards and Quality(CCSQ). The ESRD QIP is the first CMS Value-Based Purchasing(VBP) program, and it serves a uniquely vulnerable patient community— those in need of dialysis services or kidney transplant. ESRD QIP assesses performance for quality measures and calculates performance scores for ESRD facilities that drive VBP for ESRD. QIP provides incentives to ESRD facilities to improve the quality of care and health outcomes for ESRD patients, while working to contain and reduce cost. Defined the delivery framework for implementing the product to 100' s of CMS users. Developed the application from the ground up in less than 1 month. Managed and road map & strategy for large software development for Centers for Medicaid Medicare(CMS). The products have impact on targeted orders of $30M+ in 2013. MSDE Feb 2011 - Oct 2013
Created the PreK-12 Maryland State Curriculum, assessments, and accountability system based on the Common Core Standards to assure that all graduates are college and career-ready. Redesigned the model for preparation, development, 3
retention, and evaluation of teachers and principals and fully implemented the innovative Breakthrough Center approach for transforming low-performing schools and districts. Created the road map & strategy for developing the tool which helped the entire school system of Maryland to improve the performance of students and over school ranking Tracked and provided regular updates to end users on the overall funding of $30M Helped more than 200K end users(Students, Teachers, Parents, Superintendents, Governor etc.) to look at the current status and make corrective actions to transform school systems
TRI May 2006 - Feb 2011
HDFC Bank May 2005 - May 2006
● The "ACTS" Accountability, Collaboration, Trust, Speed Award by William Ruh by CEO & CDO GE Digital out of 25000 digital employees
● Above and Beyond Award from Sham CTO GE Digital
● Deliver results in an uncertain world by Sr. Director GE Digital Certification
● AWS Business Essentials
● Certified Yellow Belt Collaboration Architect
● AWS Certified Associate Developer (Pursuing)
● AWS Certified Solution Architect Associate (Pursuing)
● AWS Big Data Speciality (Pursuing)