• Highly skilled IT professional with over 6 years of work experience as a Microsoft Business Intelligence Developer (MSBI).
• Strong experience with Microsoft Suite (SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)).
• Experienced with System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including Requirements Gathering, Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Implementation of various client/server applications.
• Well versed in the ETL Lifecycle and Agile Methodology.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks. Excellent communication skills, proactive, self-motivated with teamwork spirit, goal-oriented, with excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills, able to quickly adapt to the given role and deliver quality results early.
• Experience in logical and physical Dimensional Modeling, ER Modeling, Star Schema / Snowflake Schema, Fact and Dimensional tables, cubes and Operational Data Store (ODS). SSIS
• Experienced in transforming unstructured data from various data sources such as Excel Spreadsheets, OLTP databases, XML files and other flat files.
• Created complex SSIS packages using various tasks and transformations in Control flow and Data flow tabs.
• Implemented various Error Handling and Event Handling Techniques to ensure efficient package execution using Event Handler and Custom Logging.
• Experienced in creating common table expressions (CTEs) to facilitate data manipulation.
• Solid understanding of Isolation Levels, Normalizing and De-normalizing databases and maintaining Referential Integrity by using Primary and Foreign Keys constraints.
• Good working knowledge in database debugging using SQL Server Debugger and SQL Server Profiler
• Experienced in designing and implementing Database Schemas, Data Modeling, Normalizing Datasets, Tables, Stored Procedures, Functions and Triggers, Constraints, Indexes, Views, Temp Tables and complex SQL statements.
• Proficient in establishing referential integrity, data consistency and data cleanup procedures to maintain high quality data that can be used for reporting. SSRS
• Experienced in the design and development of Reports and Dashboard, Sub-Reports, Drilldown and Drillthrough Reports, Parametrized Reports, Chart Reports, Gauge, Map Reports using SSRS
• Experienced with Report Server and Report Manager.
• Ability to Schedule standard and data driven Subscriptions.
• Ability to apply security roles to prevent unauthorized use of data. EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS
• Master of Engineering in Quality Control and Management, University of Ngaoundere, a regionally accredited institution of higher education in the United States
• Microsoft Certified Professional: Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014 by Microsoft Corporation
• Certified SQL BI/EDW Developer
Operating Systems Disk operating system DOS, Windows XP/ Vista/7/8/10, Server 2012/2016 Office Tools MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Outlook, Publisher Databases (DBMS &
SQL Server 2014/2016/2018, T-SQL, MS Access
SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), SQL Server Profiler, Database Engine, SQL Sentry Plan Explorer, Visio, Microsoft Visual Studio, SQL Server Agent, Windows Scheduler
SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Import/Export Wizard, SSAS, SSRS, Report Manager, Report Builder
SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), Visual Studio 2010/2015/2016/2018
Software SQL, T-SQL, Statgraphics, Materials Control, MATLAB Quality Tools
Brainstorming, Barcharts, Check Sheet, ISO 9001:2015, Flow charts, Pareto charts, Statistical Process Control, Gantt charts, PDCA-Cycle, Ishikawa diagram
June 2016 - Current
• Worked with business teams to gain a rich understanding of the business, analytical, and reporting needs, including the identification of critical metrics.
• Performed detailed data analysis to determine the structure, content, and quality of the data through examination of source systems and data samples.
• Worked closely with the technical staff to identify Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and iterate through versions of the deliverables.
• Involved in creation of various Business Intelligence/Analytical Dashboards and transformations using Query Editor.
• Worked on dashboards using stacked bars, bar graphs, scattered plots, waterfall charts, geographical maps, Gantt charts.
• Created various live interactive data visualization dashboard reports and workbooks
• Managed a repository of re-usable data visualization templates and views.
• Supported the Business Intelligence/Analytics data analyst with the understanding of business and data requirements and iteratively design visualizations for concepts and prototypes to be presented to the management for validation.
• Documented tasks and progress using ISO and other company standards.
Feb 2013 - June 2016
• Worked in Agile/SCRUM and System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) environment on complex system configuration, report design, data analysis and issues resolution.
• Involved in development from clients’ requirements gathering to the deployment of SSRS reports.
• Designed and developed data warehouse & data marts using multi-dimensional models such as star and snowflake schemas.
• Processed data from different data sources and loaded into Datawarehouse.
• Created complex SSIS packages using various transformations and tasks such as Sequence Containers, Script, For loop and ForEach Loop Container, Execute SQL Task, Send Mail, File System, Conditional Split, Data Conversion, Derived Column, Lookup, Merge Join, Union All, Flat file source and destination, OLE DB source and destination, excel source and destination, XML source.
• Created various Stored Procedures to implement slowly changing dimensions with Merge Statement to validate data from the source and update/insert the records into target tables.
• Created User Defined Functions to enclose business logic, making the system more modular, secured and extensible.
• Created computed fields, parameters, filters for interactive and flexible reports and dashboards.
• Involved in creating of various interactive data visualizations dashboards and reports according to the business standards using SQL Server Reporting Service and others company software.
• Performed business configuration, process analysis, evaluated business procedures and problems, and identified areas for improvement
• Established standards, formalized key procedures and best practices for dashboards and related technologies.
• Supported projects, application installation, and quality assurance