Daniel R. Phifer, PMP, SFC
Shakopee, MN ***** 248-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org https://www.linkedin.com/in/dan-phifer-pmp-3b03726/ Summary: Executive Leader with expertise in Operations and Program Management (PMO) with emphasis in the wireless telecommunications, broadcast and tower construction industries. Hold a solid record for achieving results in both the domestic and international marketplace. Provide executive leadership and liaise with key decision makers, including leaders in the political arena. Proficient in all phases of project management from design and acquisition through start-up and administration. Maintain a professional approach in directing on- and off-site personnel, resolving problems, and establishing open communication with clients and the public.
• Participated in the implementation of over 5000 wireless sites in the United States and Australia
• Managed the construction of hundreds of broadcast sites throughout the world Areas of • Broad Scale Operations Management • Multi-Million Dollar Budget Administration in excess of $85M Effectiveness: • Staff Development and Team Leadership • Business Forecasting and Planning
• Successful Negotiation/Mediation among Groups • Expert Telecommunications & Broadcast Knowledge
• Exceptional Client Relations Skills • Strong Public Speaking Abilities
• Public Relations Development • Proficiency in Several Computer Applications Professional Experience:
2015-2019 Velocitel, LLC King of Prussia, PA
Director, Program Management, Bloomington, MN
Joined company with the directive of turning the market around (seven states). Applied new processes and procedures internally. Established a good working relationship with Customers (AT&T, Verizon). Brought on new vendors and contractors and reinstated relationships with others. Developed strong team through personnel changes, hiring and coaching. Increased Revenue to over $30M annually. Improved gross margin percentage for the market to be the highest in the company in 2016 & 2018. Regularly exceeded revenue and margin forecasts. Oversaw all aspects of Network Deployment, including Scoping, Site Acquisition, Permitting, Logistics, Construction and Integration. Introduced new revenue streams, including Small Cell and Dark Fiber Deployment. 2013-2015 Aura Construction Services, Inc. Burlington, Ontario President, Traverse City, MI
Started business with colleagues to create a strong team of broadcast and wireless professionals to offer customers top quality services at fair rates. Responsible for all operations including business development, budgets, forecasting, P&L, personnel, etc. 2003-2013 Netricom (USA), Inc. (FKA Prestige Telecommunications, Inc and Radian Communications, Inc.) Oakville, Ontario Director of Operations, Traverse City, MI
Recruited to manage high-profile government emergency-services project and develop territory for future business. Opened Branch Office and successfully managed the build of a $5 Million Countywide network exceeding the margin goals for the project. Developed new business to sustain operations in the area. Responsible for all operations activities including staffing, accounting, reporting, business development, budgets, etc. Transferred to Broadcast Division in 2007 and was promoted to Director in 2009. Responsible for all operations of the division with an annual budget of over $12 Million. Division specialized in erection of broadcast towers up to 2000’, installation of broadcast antennas and lines, erection of wind turbines and construction of other specialized and complex structures. 2002-2003 White Pine Wireless, (AKA Cellere) Traverse City, MI Vice President, Traverse City, MI
Joined Company with a view towards expanding services and diversifying in an increasingly difficult market place. Was able to broaden customer base with regard to services and geographic locations. Added new divisions to company enabling them to grow and strive in new markets segments. Changed corporate identity to enhance customer perceptions. Increased revenues by streamlining processes and restructuring resources.
2001-2002 Berliner Communications, Inc. Elmwood Park, NJ General Manager, Midwest & West Regions, Traverse City, MI Responsible for all aspects of business including forecasting, sales, implementation, P&L, etc. Manage all business units in this region, including RF Engineering, Network Services, In-Building, Site Acquisition/Zoning, Construction, Project Management and Infrastructure Installation. Senior Project Manager, Houston, TX
Contracted to complete and close out Lucent’s augmentation of AT&T’s network and prepare for AT&T’s deployment of 3G Technology in this market.
2001 Whalen & Company Lafayette, CA
Regional Project Manager, Des Moines, IA
Managed three regional offices for Telecorp PCS’ (AT&T) Phase IV build of 140 sites throughout six states. Responsible for entire build, from search ring issued to construction complete. Managed 38 employees over a large geographic area to successfully meet the objectives of the company and the client.
1998-2000 CLS Group Edmond, OK
International Market Director, Brisbane, Australia (2000) / Market Director, Traverse City, MI (1999), Pittsburgh, PA (1998-99) Promoted to international position with the objective of integrating and launching broad scale mobile telecommunications network in Australia, a project perceived as controversial by some action groups. Managed site acquisition for Lucent Technologies, primary client of CLS Group and provide leadership and direction to a staff of ten Project Managers and Administrative support personnel who facilitated acquisition, zoning, permitting, site construction, and integration. Communicated closely with staff and created a cohesive and productive team. Manage site acquisition budgets in excess of $15 million. Project and control expenditures, authorize disbursement of payments, and approve site leases. Accountable for the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of the business in this part of the country. Instrumental in developing strong working relationships with high level members of Parliament, City Council, and other governmental entities. Liaison with key contacts to negotiate business agreements and establish a positive presence in the region. Previously managed projects in the United States. Oversaw all facets of site acquisition, negotiation, zoning, and build-out.
• Managed the integration and launch of a 320-site network, which was completed in twelve months, making it one of the fastest build-outs in Australian history.
• One of three contractors in a field of 1,500 employees to receive the Lucent Leadership Award for outstanding contributions to the company.
• Received exceptional feedback from clients and the National Program Management Team for effectiveness. 1995-1998 Traverse Bay Land Company Traverse City, MI Project Manager, Conducted and supervised all aspects of PCS and cellular acquisition projects; negotiation of lease and purchase contracts, site analysis and selection, zoning approval process, construction and coordination with contractors and service providers. Coordinated and oversaw testing activity including RF, Phase I environmental, FCC checks, land surveys, site plans, and A & E drawings. Sought and coordinated collocation opportunities. Developed strong knowledge of PCS and cellular projects, related technology, industry service providers, and various markets. Proficiently utilized Microsoft Word, Windows, Excel, and MapInfo GIS. Served as an effective liaison between company and providers, property owners, municipalities, and contractors. Well-versed in zoning requirements and procedures, and cognizant of operations and maintenance needs after launch.
• Project work encompassed the entire Midwest United States including: Michigan MSA for Century Cellunet, Detroit MTA for Sprint PCS, Omnipoint Communications, NPI Wireless and American Tower Company/Unisite, Chicago MTA for PrimeCo Personal Communications, Des Moines MTA for Western Wireless, and Pittsburgh MTA for Sprint PCS. Other Employment:
1993-1995 Owner/Broker, All-Stars, LLC, dba Help-U-Sell Real Estate, Traverse City, MI Developed a residential and commercial real estate company with a staff of thirteen agents and five support personnel. Performed sales management, marketing, and daily operations. Motivated and supported sales staff through the development and training of productive selling techniques, internal and external marketing systems, and operating procedures within the company. Sold the business in 1995. 1990-1993 Associate Broker, Coldwell Banker Schmidt Realtors, Traverse City, MI Listed and sold commercial and residential real estate. Consistent multi-million dollar producer. Education: Northwestern Michigan College, Major in Business Administration, Traverse City, MI Licensure: State of Michigan Licensed Real Estate Broker (Former) Certifications: Project Management Professional (PMP), Scrum Fundamentals Certified (SFC), Scrum Master Certified (SMC) (In Progress), Graduate Real Estate Institute (GRI)
Interests: Running, Mixed Martial Arts, Physical Fitness, Sports, Motorcycles, Traveling, and Outdoor Activities. Confidential consideration is requested.