Sherman Oaks CA 91401
Dedicated Work Comp professional seeking to bring my technical and administrative management experience, coupled with my acquired education to your business as Medical Biller/Work Comp Collector. EDUCATION:
Allied Business Schools, Inc., Laguna Hills, CA, Medical Billing, Medical Coding, MedSoft-Certificate(s) in: Electronic Medical Billing, Medical Billing, MTAPPP and Coding Specialized MTAPPP Training Included:
- Principles for Evaluation and Management (E/M)
- Principles of Medical Dictation
- Dermatology, Urology, Gastroenterology,
Cardiology,. Pulmonary Medicine, Endocrinology,
Orthopedics, Obstetrics and Gynecology,
Ophthalmology, Neurology, Psychiatry, and
- Radiology Dictation and Medical Readings
- Managed Care Plans and Government Medical Plans
- Urinary System, Female and Male Reproductive
- Blood, Lymphatic, Immune, and Musculoskeletal
- Pharmacology and Psychiatry
- Diagnostic Tests and Procedures
- Ethics and Professionalism
- Critical Thinking and Problem-Solving Skills
- Basic Word Structure
- Prefixes and Suffixes
- Digestive System
- Terms Pertaining to Body as a Whole
- Cancer Medicine (Oncology)
- Nervous System, Cardiovascular, and Respiratory
- Cancer, Radiology, and Nuclear Medicine .
- Sense Organs; The Eyes and The Ear
US HealthWorks a Concentra Company- Valencia, CA - Med Billing/WC Collections Supervisor 02/18/2008 to Present
Manage and train employees, on internal Policy and Procedures and OMFS guidelines. Train new collectors.
• Schedules and organizes work assignment. Prioritizes and delegates job tasks to ensure timely completion. Ensures work is performed accurately and efficiently. Performs claim audit and refunds to be processed.
• Works with billing coordinator or supervisor on resolution of accounts.
• Oversees collection activities per policy and procedures.
• Participates in projects as requested.
• Participates in management meetings.
• Keeps Accounts Receivable Manager advised of concerns or compliance issues. Addresses problems as they occur. Reports delinquent customers and payers to Accounts Receivable Manager’s attention for resolution.
• Prepares required reports or action plans based on results for Accounts Receivable Manage. Actively follow up and collect on all claims, including resolution of any billing errors assigned following established procedure. Work with insurance adjusters on daily basis including supervisors on resolving claims to maximize reimbursement. Current responsibilities include working all the insurance claims over 365 days old includes claims investigation, proper registration, billing and settlements. Prepare and submit appeals on claims per OMFS guidelines. SPECIAL SKILLS and LICENSES:
Ability to Work Under Pressure.
Bilingual, Armenian and Russian
Electronic Medical Billing Certificate
Notary (since 1994)
Medical Association of Billers (MABl) / American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) Work Comp Central Newsletters/Case Studies