Address - Flat No. 11605, Bhartiya City Nikoo Homes,
Thanisandra Main Road, Bangalore - 560064
July 2014 – July 2019 (Research Scholar at Thapar Institute of Engg. and Tech.)
• Model: Developed a CNN-based model named NoC (Network on Convolutional features) for object detection and classification.
• Datasets: Various datasets such as PASCAL VOC, Caltech, KITTY, APOLLO, Cityscapes and self- created have been used for evaluating the performance of model.
• Application: Developed a system for social cause i.e. for visually impaired people. The system can detect and classify the object and warn the user with its identity and distance also.
• Comparison: Analyzed performance of various pre-trained networks such as RCNN, Fast RCNN, Faster RCNN, YOLO and compared with the proposed network.
July 2018 - Dec 2018 (Teaching Assistant at Thapar Institute of Engg. and Tech.) While working on my PhD topic, I guided students for the topics related to Artificial Intelligent and helped them to work in Latex. Moreover, taught C++ to the students and helped them in making projects.
June 2011 – Dec 2013 (Assistant Professor – CSE at Lala Lajpat Rai Institute of Engg. and Tech., Moga, Punjab (Affiliated to Punjab Technical University)) Guided M.Tech students for their project works and thesis completion in ‘MATLAB’ and ‘R’. Also taught subjects like Design and analysis of algorithms, Data structures and Image processing.
July 2009 – June 2010 (Senior Lecturer - CSE/IT at University, AICTE Approved)) Networks and Database Management Systems.
July 2008 – May 2009 (Lecturer – CSE at Amritsar College of Engg. and Tech., Amritsar, Punjab (Affiliated to Punjab Technical University) AICTE Approved, NBA Approved C and C++.
THESIS WORK PUBLICATIONS
June, 2016 (Predictive hierarchical human augmented map generation for itinerary perception) https://digital-library.theiet.org/content/journals/10.1049/el.2016.0397
• Model: Gaussian process has been used to prepare the model for augmented maps.
• Dataset: Dr. Robot has been used for the collection of data.
• Application: For estimating traffic density in indoor environments. Jan, 2019 (A Convolutional Feature Map-based Deep Network targeted towards Traffic Detection and Classification)
Page 2 of 2
• Model: Developed a deep network that used the convolutional features of pre-trained network and further fine-tuned.
• Dataset: PASCAL VOC, Caltech, KITTY, APOLLO, Cityscapes and self-created.
• Application: This network has been trained for object detection and classification Jan 2019 (Scene perception system for visually impaired based on object detection and classification using multimodal deep convolutional neural network) https://www.spiedigitallibrary.org/journals/Journal-of-Electronic-Imaging/volume-28/issue- 1/013031/Scene-perception-system-for-visually-impaired-based-on-object- detection/10.1117/1.JEI.28.1.013031.short?SSO=1
• Model: Network has been trained using multimodal features. Various features such as edge features, scale space features and optical features have been fused using addition operation and then used for training purpose. Blur effect has also been considered for evaluating and training the network.
• Dataset: PASCAL VOC, Caltech and self-created.
• Application: For visually impaired individuals.
TECHNICAL SKILL SET
C, C++, R, Python, MATLAB, Torch, LaTeX, Deep learning, Machine learning ACADEMIC QUALICATION:
YEAR QUALIFICATION INSTITUTE Score
2014-2019 Ph.D. (Thesis Submitted)
Topic: Augmented Map Based
Intelligent Navigation System
Thapar Institute of Engineering. and Technology,
2006-2008 M. Tech (IT) Guru Nanak Dev University (GNDU), Amritsar 68 % 2002-2006 B. Tech (CSE) Amritsar College of Engg. and Tech., Amritsar 70.4 % INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE
Baljit Kaur, Jhilik Bhattacharya, “Augmented Map based Traffic Density Estimation for Robot Navigation", IEEE TENSYMP 2018 at Sydney, Australia NATIONAL CONFERENCE
Presented a poster in Grace Hopper Conference of India at Bangalore in 2016. References: -
Mr. Sarabpreet Singh Mr. V. Raghupathy