Business Development and Sales Executive
Demonstrated success driving global business development Versatile and accomplished, I offer expertise in the sale of complex solutions, business development, strategic planning, and program management gained over 20 years of progressively responsible experience in business leadership. My understanding of multiple technologies allows me to identify innovative solutions to customer requirements. Excels at developing sales and business development plans for high-technology companies. Proven success establishing C-level relationships and strategic partnerships in the commercial and government markets. Charismatic and personable with the communication skills needed to build consensus on complex challenges. Professional Experience
Tyto Athene, Herndon, VA
Account Executive, January 2019 - Present
Recruited to formulate a go to market plan for the Acuity platform. Acuity is an edge solution that is a Software-Defined, Mobile, Agile, Rugged, and Tactical micro data center. It offers high end processing power with secure communications that is designed to operate in a disrupted, intermittent and limited communications environment. Focused on the development of a go to market plan that leverages partners that bring unique capabilities. RFID Global Solution, Reston, VA
Senior Vice President, Strategic Business Development, March 2009 – December 2018 Orchestrate business development on a global scale through identification and development of emerging opportunities in existing and new markets. Forge strategic alliances with OEM partners to increase sales opportunities. Develop long- term roadmap and align tactics and strategy. Define channel relationships to leverage company strengths and expand into IoT and data analytics marketplace. Prepare large-scale systems implementations proposals and expand sales in existing accounts.
• Successfully closed system implementations contracts with Facebook, Flex, Equifax, Vanguard, DirecTV, and Cisco. This included all facets of the sales process ending in a signed contract.
• Identified $50M+ worth of new B2B, SaaS, IoT and enterprise software solutions sales opportunities in markets spanning telecommunications, global supply chain, oil and gas, and healthcare, increasing sales pipeline by 200%.
• Developed sales strategies for harvesting existing key accounts resulting in > $20M in new opportunities identified and 90% renewal of maintenance and support agreements.
• Managed a group of 3 regional staff. This included, setting sales objectives and performance plans. Managed monthly and quarterly sales performance. Worked with individual representatives to devise sales strategies to penetrate new and harvest existing customers.
• Successfully implemented asset tracking solutions in government (SSA, DOJ, US Secret Service and Air Force), supply chain (Flex), data center (Cisco, Vanguard, Equifax) and oil and gas customers (Schlumberger). These projects attained a 90% reduction in asset inventory time, 60% reduction in labor costs, and greater than 10% CAPEX reduction while increasing regulatory compliance and enhancing security. Deployed projects solving a variety of use cases including carton tracking, data tape tracking, and IT asset tracking.
• Utilized Salesforce CRM and Service Cloud for sales pipeline management and customer service John Clarke Page 2
Correct Rx Pharmacy Services, Baltimore, MD
Director, January 2008 - March 2009
Developed, implemented, and integrated company's network and business systems infrastructure for both correctional and long-term care business units. Project managed transition of multiple interfaces to digital medical record systems. Provided requirements definition, vendor evaluation, and specialty/facsimile printing.
• Directed implementation of fax server that increased fax throughput over 200% and leveled out workflow throughout pharmacy.
• Migrated correctional business units' order entry system from UNIX-based application to Windows-based application: this included managing outside vendors for network architecture, software customizations, and data migration for over five years of legacy information. RDA Corporation
General Manager, August 2006 – July 2007
Managed the Philadelphia and Redmond offices for Microsoft Certified Gold Partner. Oversaw direct and indirect staff of 20. Provided technical qualification of sales opportunities from the pre-sales stage through project completion.
• Consistently exceeded P&L objectives for both offices by 25%. Tresys Technology
Vice President of Operations, August 2004 – July 2006
• Responsible for complete life cycle management; opportunity generation, proposal generation through product delivery for software development and engineering services task totaling over $6.0 million in annual revenue.
• Completed an SELinux products business plan including market identification, product requirement definition, strategic partner identification and development, capital resource requirement estimation.
• Responsible for the development and implementation of a comprehensive software development process including software assurance and configuration management.
Senior Vice President, Business Operations (January 2001 – June 2004) Corporate Vice President, Wireless Services (January 2000 – January 2001) Vice President, Operations (January 1996 – January 2000) Provide operations oversight, focus, and leadership for $150 million wireless data and mobile solutions company. Responsibilities include general management for a wholly owned wireless service subsidiary operating in Western Europe. Key domestic functions include IT, procurement, facilities, commercial real estate, legal, customer service and business systems.
• Established the first customer service center, with applications and processes for levels 1, 2 and 3 customer and support.
• Developed product fulfillment processes and integrated third-party customer support with Aether’s customer service policies.
• Led the restructure and cost-reduction activities of the European market data paging products operation, including the divestiture of operations in 6 countries, resulting in profitability.
• Led the successful acquisition of a $30 million transportation (long-haul trucking) business.
• Led a corporate-wide initiative that resulted in the consolidation of nine acquisitions into one integrated company Education
Master of Business Administration,
Bachelor of Science,
Bachelor of Arts,
Loyola College, Baltimore, MD Clarkson University, Potsdam, NY SUNY, Potsdam, NY Credentials
U.S. Patent, #5,136,300 – Issued August 4, 1992, Modular Solid-State Radar Transmitter