Certified Microsoft Power BI Developer
651-***-**** / email@example.com
• Result oriented Data Analyst with proven ability in managing multiple projects among medical and research professionals with strong domain knowledge in healthcare sector
• Performed Computational genomic data analysis and Sequencing based bioinformatics in collaboration with UMN Supercomputing Institute and created visual forms of data
• Advanced Excel expert with knowledge in Formula functions, pivot table and formatting
• 2 plus years in Advanced skills in visualization of data using Microsoft Power BI
• Expertise in writing complex Dax scripts in Power BI
• Business Analysis Certification from IIBA endorsed university of Minnesota
• Project management expertise in Jira 8.3
• Guided group members in bioinformatics analysis for complex projects
• 11 years of experience at University of Minnesota in various roles in multiple healthcare depts
• Effective Interpersonal communication skills helped in establishing strong relationship with the collaborators. Flexible and Proactive in learning new technologies, taking new roles and owning responsibilities to contribute towards getting new projects. EXPERIENCE
Employer: University of Minnesota July,2008 - July,2019 Minneapolis, MN
Role: Research Analyst Department: Veterinary Clinical Science Responsibilities:
• Successfully processed, quality controlled and analyzed large Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) research projects for alignment, transcriptome gene expression using different computational methodologies including R and performed bioinformatics analysis on them.
• Performed advanced statistical data analysis on RNA seq expression data with Prism 8, Advanced Excel, Microsoft Power BI.
• Coordinated among multiple labs and created status report and assisted in developing grant proposals.
• Created interactive reports with visualization graphs like scatter plot, stacked column and bar, pie and line chart along with custom made charts with RNA expression dataset from multiple platforms in PowerBI and advanced Excel.
• Worked with DAX commands to pull up more calculated data out of the expression data tables.
• Connected different data sources to Power BI desktop including SQL server, MS Access, Excel.
• Installed and configured data sources in PowerBI Gateway.
• Published many reports and visualizations created at PowerBI desktop to Power BI service using PowerBI Gateway and developed dashboards in PowerBI and MS Excel both.
• Extracted dataset from different data sources including SQL Server (on premise and Azure), excel and flat file prepare datasets for Power BI.
• Formed many dashboards by pinning many visualizations in the workspace as per the insights provided.
• Worked on Dataflow Transformation like derived column, data transformation, character map and other data flow transformations.
• Did data modeling using Drill down, Drill through, Slicer, Filter, query Parameter in reports using different expressions to calculate, group, filter.
• Responsible for creating calculated fields, combine field, bins, sets and hierarchies
• Documented project requirements as user stories with various subtasks in Jira 8.3.0, tracked and managed them across a team of 15 people.
• Performed data transformation and cleansing in MS Excel.
• Identified other team member’s project needs and determining solutions to improve assays.
• Interacted with vendor company staffs to share user experience with different software and hardware products to increase efficiency in requirement gathering process.
• Analyzed the functional specs provided by the users and created technical specification documents.
• Managed Excel and Access databases in laboratory and personal server.
• Managed daily operations of laboratory including project management, personal task assignment, budgeting and managing lab inventory.
• Lab Safety Officer responsible for compiling with DEHS guidelines and following HIPPA regulations.
Role: Junior Scientist Department of Medicine
• Performed complex wet lab assays and bioinformatics assays like High-resolution genome- wide cytosine methylation profiling with simultaneous copy number analysis and Chip-Seq
• Structured data using different statistical calculations, slicer, filter in MS Excel and MS access.
• Created maps like Pie Charts, Bar Charts and Density Charts in advanced Excel with formatted data for data visualization purpose in meetings and conferences
• Created pivot tables using research data and managed them In MS Excel
• Generated Macros in MS Excel using VBA Program to automate multiple tasks for users
• Made multiple presentations with analyzed data for meetings and conference.
• Created MS Access and Excel databases for compiling research subject’s identifiers
• Successfully coordinated among team members and take up additional responsibility Jhuma Saha
• Managed procurement account of lab
• Completed routine database backups to secure data Role: Research Assistant Department of Biophysics
• Coded and verified data in accordance with specific research protocol
• Entered data in computer databases for analysis
• Prepare and assist in laboratory analysis, quality control and data management
• Prepared samples for NMR
Texas Tech University Health Science Center Lubbock, TX Master of Science, Biotechnology May 2008
Languages: SQL, M, DAX, R (Basic)
Databases: SQL Server, MySQL, MS Access
BI Tools: Power BI, Business Objects
Packages: MS Office
Operating Systems: Windows XP, 7, 8, 10, Linux
• “Analyzing and visualizing the data with PowerBI”, Microsoft
• “Business analysis certificate”, College of Continuing & Professional Studies, UMN
• “Welcome to Microsoft Power BI - A Complete Introduction”, Udemy
• “Excel: -use Pivot tables with Enterprise data Analysis”, University of Minnesota
• Business Objects, Zarantech.
University of Minnesota HIPPA Training
Using University Data
Securing Your Workstation
Data Security in Your Job