*** **** **** ******, *** York, NY, 10019
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Experienced IT consultant and certified project manager (PMP #1672444) with a proven track record leading IT transformation, integration and migration projects in multicultural environments.
• Broad based experience in the Financial Services, Travel, Security and Logistics Industries.
• Strong financial, technical and interpersonal aptitudes. Known for regularly surpassing corporate objectives and for working best under pressure.
• Excellent presentation and communications skills (English and Spanish).
• Strong commitment to customer service and excellent team leader.
• Experienced contracts negotiator and vendor relationship manager.
• LinkedIn Profile and References: https://www.linkedin.com/in/marioescudero/ EXPERIENCE
LEGALITAS Madrid, Spain 8/2017 – 7/2019
IT Infrastructure Director (Freelance Consultant)
• Led key IT systems and communications transformation and integration projects (BT, Telefonica and Azure clouds). Redesign of WAN/LAN IP architecture; Migrated security architecture from single external Sonicwall FW to two-layer architecture with Palo Alto/Fortinet; Redesign of EMC SAN/NAS storage RAIDs, LUNs, and volume mappings, significantly improving IOPS and performance; Restructured HA architectures, improving availability and scalability of key services (ORACLE, SQL Server, Navision, Web Services). Migrated 450+ workstations from Windows 7 to Windows 10. (DevOps, Sharepoint, MS Project, Office)
SECURITAS DIRECT Madrid, Spain 11/2015 – 7/2017
IT Senior Project Manager (Freelance Consultant)
• Successfully led multidisciplinary technical team of more than 70 people integrating the IT systems and communications infrastructure of two acquired companies in Spain (Segur Control) and France (Mediaveil). (Redmine, Sharepoint, MS Project, Office) TINSA Madrid, Spain 1/2013 – 12/2013
IT Senior Project Manager (Freelance Consultant)
• Led Powerbuilder to Java software migrations and transformation of development area organization to outsourced model (Jira, Confluence, J2EE, Powerbuilder) BANCO POPULAR Madrid, Spain 12/2009 – 12/2012
Project Director (Freelance Consultant)
• Established Program Management Office to lead strategic IT projects, including the relocation of the bank s primary data center, from RFP to vendor selection and PMO implementation.
• Drafted high-level project plans for the relocation of all systems and communications infrastructure to a new primary data center.
• Organized data center relocation project teams, defined the bank s initial service map data needs, and project management KPIs, critical path and risk management reporting requirements.
• Defined new IT Infrastructure service models and negotiated externalization of IT services from RFP to implementation of new models. Reduced operating costs by approximately 20% while improving IT service monitoring, quality and management reporting.
• Restructured the bank s secondary data center to support the relocation of its primary data center and enable the integration of Banco Pastor. Increased available systems and storage infrastructure space by 40%.
• Deployed pull printing services and led the relocation of 1,700 users to new headquarters site SECURITAS DIRECT Madrid, Spain 11/2008 – 12/2009
Project Director Program Management Office (Freelance Consultant)
• Established and led the company s Program Management Office to relocate its headquarters and primary data center to a new 18,000 square meter site.
• Successfully completed project 5% under budget (1.2 million euros) and 2 weeks ahead of schedule. Redesigned IP network, restructured NetApp storage architecture and improved HA and redundancy of key services.
• Successfully relocated the company s secondary data center and 1600 employees, meeting project objectives ahead of schedule.
ASTRAZENECA Madrid, Spain 9/2008 – 11/2008
ITIL Service Consultant (Freelance Consultant)
• Successfully implemented the company s IT Services Catalog and ITIL-compliant Service Support and Service Delivery models to facilitate externalization of IT services to IBM. SUN MICROSYSTEMS Madrid, Spain 5/2008 – 8/2008
Business Development Consultant (Freelance Consultant)
• Support presales research and technical proposals and activities for key customers in energy and government sectors.
Madrid, Spain 10/2006 – 12/2007
IT Infrastructure Manager (Freelance Consultant)
• Successfully migrated international frame relay WAN to MPLS for more than 80 logistics and distribution centers in Spain and Portugal, including migration of conventional telephony to VoIP and deployment of HSDPA backup network.
• Streamlined nationwide support, centralized IT asset management and improved incident resolution times by 40%.
LAS ROZAS INDUSTRIAL Madrid, Spain 1/2004 – 9/2006 Manager Information Systems (Freelance Consultant)
• Successfully deployed WAN to interconnect 6 nationwide real estate offices and deployed VoIP, streamlining sales operations and reducing voice communications costs by 60%. AMADEUS IT GROUP Madrid, Spain 4/1990 – 12/2003
Senior Group IT Manager
• Responsible for internal IT strategy, web technology and major international integration projects for this €7 billion technology and computer reservation systems company.
• Successfully defined and deployed systems architecture for advanced global virtual collaboration and communications services.
• Led key global cost reduction IT projects, identifying process, systems and organizational synergies, reducing internal IT costs by €4,5 million in 1st year and €12 million in 2 years.
• Successfully integrated internal IT services of acquired companies, including the acquisition of the company s major German subsidiary (START).
• Responsible for internal IT organization and IT services coordination at the Group level.
• Distinguished by Compass external auditors for excellence in IT services and cost control
(2001, 2002) compared with top 10 European companies audited.
• Successfully implemented advanced communications systems to support global sales organization, reducing communications costs by 70% in 1 year.
• As chief liaison between IT and Finance, successfully led the migration of J. D. Edwards to SAP (FI, CO).
DREYFUS CORPORATION New York, USA 3/1989 – 3/1990
Senior Systems Analyst
• Primary IT liaison with Pension Division senior management, in charge of functional requirements definition, systems analysis, development and final implementation. CITY OF NEW YORK New York, USA 7/1986 – 3/1989
• Project manager for various citywide IT projects (automation of City Clerk Office, implementation of Pharma, LAB and telephony systems for Health & Hospitals Corporation).
New York, USA 7/1984 – 7/1986
Manager Systems Analysis
• Responsible for the design and implementation of customized financial systems
(Commodities hedging, CD and Interest Rate SWAPS). EDUCATION
Master Project Academy, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) Course PMI, Certified Project Manager, PMP #1672444, USA, 2010 PDD (Management Development Program), IESE, Spain, 1994 MBA (Finance and MIS), New York University, USA, 1983 BA (Economics and Business Administration), Fordham University, USA, 1980 Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer 2003, 2004, USA CompTIA Security+ Certified Professional, 2004, USA Diploma, Staff Management Development Program, Krauthammer, 2000, Switzerland Diploma, Strategic Management of IT Companies, IESE, 1999, Spain SAP Certified Applications Consultant “Accounting”, 1999, Spain OTHER
Citizenship: USA and Spain (dual nationality)
Languages: Completely bilingual in English and Spanish (both writing and speaking, including ability to conduct business in both languages)