email@example.com · LinkedIn gayle-anderson-04718a144 FINANCIAL ANALYST / BUSINESS ANALYST
MANAGE FINANCIAL PROCESSES TO ENSURE ACCURATE AND TIMELY REVENUE RECOGNITION I have 20+ years of hands-on experience in general practices and procedures applicable to various types of organizations. I have performed a variety of duties such as accounts payable and accounts receivable, accounting for small businesses, and contracts management. I enjoy analysis and auditing, am detail and customer service oriented, as well as responsible, providing quality output consistently without constant supervision.
AUGUST 2005 – JULY 2019
BUSINESS ANALYST, COLLINS AEROSPACE, PREVIOUSLY ARINC INC AND ROCKWELL COLLINS
• Served financial planning process by maintaining customer pricing plans and developing traffic models.
• Maintained and validate payment for invoices over $2M
• Maintained billing files and invoiced charges to multiple customers
• Maintained satellite-equipped aircraft database to ensure customer billing was accurate and timely.
• Subject matter expert for satellite services, training other employees on services and processes
• Worked with auditors for Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance
• Customer support, maintenance and on-call support for key accounts
• Investigate needs and present recommended actions for new billing system requirements that saved time and improved accuracy of data
• Legal Government Regulatory Fee compilation and analysis for distribution for Legal Department for payment
• Managed project to clear unbillable services saving cost each month and updating database for future billing
Basic understanding of cost accounting and use of financial analysis tools. Knowledge of planning tools and the importance of accurate forecasting. Solving problems with minimal management participation while understanding the overall business strategy. Excellent level of understanding and proficiency using Microsoft office tools.
FEBRUARY 2004 – AUGUST 2005
JR. ACCOUNTANT, FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT SERVICES
• Responsible for accounting duties for small business clients.
• Bookkeeping and bank reconciliation multiple accounts
• Maintain Accounts payable entry, check preparation, and distribution 2
• Payroll including union dues
• Financial statement preparation and analysis for trending changes and anomalies. Recommend possible avenues of change to manage such issues
• Federal, state, and FICA tax preparation and filing.
• Client relations and support to provide superior service to maintain customer base OCTOBER 2002– FEBRUARY 2004
CONTACT ASSOCIATE, ARINC, INC
• Analyze contracts and supporting papers for entry into Cost Point Software
• Managed over 50 Government contracts and supported contract specialists to maintain current and accurate data on the contracts
• Communicated with projects leads and their management as well as billing and payroll departments to ensure complete continuity within the company JULY 2001 – OCTOBER 2002
CONTRACT COORDINATOR, ARINC. INC
• Analyze contacts, supporting papers, and corporate agreements for data required for entry into appropriate databases
• Point of contact for internal queries concerning databases
• Accuracy was of utmost importance
AUGUST 2000 – JULY 2001
BOOKKEEPER/OFFICE MANAGER, WAGNER ENTERPRISES PARTNERSHIP
• Accounts payable and receivable for personal and commercial investment properties
• Prepared payroll as well as prepared and filed Federal, state, and FICA taxes
• Maintained and reconciled multiple bank accounts
• Prepared and analyzed financial statements
• Oversaw finances of a non-profit entity
• Petty cash custodian
AUGUST 2000 – JULY 2001
BOOKKEEPER, STUDIO 3 ARCHITECTS
• Accounts payable
• Account reconstruction
• Bank account reconciliation
1999 – 2001
BOOKKEEPER, FRIEND CO
• Manually process accounts payable
• Cash reconciliation
1995 – 2000
OWNER, JUST KID-ING AROUND CHILD CARE
• Accounts payable and accounts receivable
• Prepared and filed Federal, state, and self-employment taxes EDUCATION
ATTENDED 1998 - 2001
COURSEWORK TOWARD ACCOUNTING TRANSFER TO UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND, ANNE ARUNDEL COMMUNITY COLLEGE, MARYLAND GPA: 3.9. Member of Phi Theta Kappa
GRADUATED JUNE 2006
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN ACCOUNTING, UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND UNIVERSITY COLLEGE, MARYLAND
SOME GRADUATE WORK
COURSEWORK TOWARD MASTERS DEGREE IN LIFE COACHING, LIBERTY UNIVERSITY, VIRGINIA
• Quickbooks Pro
• Microsoft Office
• Beginning Website design
• Cost Point
• Excellent Excel ability
• Participated in Toastmaster’s Club; held the treasurer position for multiple years.
• Held treasurer position on my church board for multiple years.