**** ****** ******, *******, *.C., V5H 1K6, Canada
A highly focused and diligent worker with a broad range of applicable skills, I am currently looking for a new opportunity within the Greater Vancouver area. Working in various professional environments has rendered me highly adaptable and I perform any task required to a high standard, whether it be within the settings of a team or independently. Providing excellent customer service is a skill I am proficient in - understanding the need for swift decision making and efficient problem solving, while exercising confidentiality and discretion when there is a need. Based on my education in Business Administration as well as previous working experience, I am eager to increase my knowledge base and further develop my existing skills within a new working environment. Employment
Feb. 2018 – Present Compass Group: Assistant Manager, YVR Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges
• Conduct operational audits of units and design improvements to optimize financial performance and operational productivity.
• Train, develop, and lead a team of 65-75 associates throughout the week who are capable of providing service that exceed expectations of client standards.
• Organizing employee’s schedules weekly and making changes as needed due to day off requests, client requests, and sick calls. Ensure that 38-40 shifts per day are assigned accordingly to associates to keep the operation running smoothly.
• Manage the Health & Safety program for the operation. Ensure that the unit is in compliance with government and company quality assurance standards Ensured proper training is being administered and required documentation is being completed monthly. Train staff members in safe work practices.
• Interviewing applicants for various positions within the operation and completing hiring paperwork upon job offer to successful candidates. Ensuring new staff members are well trained and equipped to complete daily tasks.
• Prepare weekly food cost reports, and monthly inventory reports. Manage food/beverage/misc. orders placed throughout the week from multiple vendors. Proven financial management skills including ability to control product and labour costs. June 2016 – Feb. 2018 Compass Group: Hospitality Staff, YVR Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge
• Monitor and maintain the cleanliness, food presentation, and guest safety within the lounge. Working in a team and as an individual to provide an enjoyable experience for all guests. Communicating clearly with all guests to provide satisfactory service in a polite and efficient manner.
• Managing the administrative requirements of received shipments and organizing for deliveries to the back-of-house storage. Ensuring all required documentation is completed correctly and stored in an appropriate manner. Liaising regularly with management and providing clear handover as to tasks completed and those still underway.
• Proficient in the handling of client concerns and/or complaints in a prompt and respectful manner, through quick decision-making and problem solving. Recognising situations which can be handled directly and identifying those which require escalation to more senior members of staff.
• Maintaining discreet, yet exemplary service to high profile clients. Understanding the need for privacy and confidentiality, yet maintaining a fair balance of customer service to all clients under my care, regardless of status.
Jan 2015 – April 2015 Go Mammoth: Business Operations Assistant/Intern, London, UK
• Conducting the necessary market research required to input into client marketing strategy plans. Making use of various data outlets, including social media and previous research to create reports and feedback to appropriately advise and recommend to my clients as to the steps required to meet their business objectives.
• Communicating regularly with both existing and potential clients to discuss their requirements and the services available to support their objectives. Maintaining good working relationships and identifying opportunities where the company could further develop their scope of work.
• Analysing client profiles to better establish how to best meet their needs – reporting and presenting the analysed data in an appropriate format and collating comments from document reviews into the finished product.
• Assisting with business development and the generation of revenue through planning and organising sporting events and fitness classes.
Oct 2007 – Jun 2016 Tim Hortons: Storefront Cashier & Bakery Production
• Providing client care when there were complaints; assessing the situation and either rectifying swiftly to avoid further delay in the provision of the order, or escalating to manager on duty.
• Delivering orders directly to tables for seniors, disabled guests or parents with young children, who would otherwise struggle to carry their orders.
• Maintaining the store’s inventory of food, beverage, and packaging products to track trends in costs and product usage on a weekly basis. Completing simple administrative tasks as required. Relevant Skills
• Microsoft Office
• Typing speed 85-95 wpm
• Fluent in English & Tagalog. Basic French.
• Class 5 Drivers License - Clean
• Advanced FoodSafe
• Serving It Right
Oct 2004 – Present Oakridge Adventist Church
• Volunteering in the music department to both teach and play acoustic and electric guitar. Stepping up to assist with various team administrative duties such as scheduling and meeting coordination when required, as well as assisting other departments when there is a need to step in and fill a gap. Generally volunteering my time where needed.
Oct 2009 – June 2017 Deer Lake School Gymnastics Team: Assistant Coach
• Coaching children of various ages through gymnastics moves to help them improve and advance their individual skills.
• Effectively communicating with the team as a whole on how to correctly and safely perform gymnastics moves in order to prevent injury.
• Encouraging the children to persevere at more challenging movements and empowering them to continue practicing to achieve their goals.
• Liaising with parents as to class behaviour, child progress within the class, and upcoming events which may be of interest.
2010 - 2016 Langara College, Vancouver, BC: Bachelor of Business Administration
• Relevant Coursework: Consumer Behaviour, Marketing Research, E-Commerce and Distribution, Customer Relationship Marketing, Social Media Strategy, Strategic Management, Public Relations, Project Management, Operations Management, Business Planning, Economics.
• Evaluated target markets and proposed marketing strategies geared towards those markets for the best possible marketing campaign.
• Researched companies and prepared marketing reports using primary and secondary research to increase knowledge of the company, products, and consumers.