RUTA HARDIKAR, PSM I
Dallas, TX 501-***-**** email@example.com
• Certified Professional Scrum Master with 6+ years of experience in technical project management, agile framework practices and BA for Healthcare, Academic, and Financial industry.
• Areas of expertise include Agile principles and practices, facilitating agile ceremonies, Story-Based Development, complex business problem solving, data analysis, and reports generation.
• Proficient with MS Office tools such as MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, MS Visio, and SharePoint.
• Expert in using JIRA, TFS, and Rally.
• Created Project plan, schedule, budget, and maintained timesheets.
• Possess excellent communication skills, active participation in stakeholders, clients, and product owner meetings
• Created test scenarios and Test cases and performed Integration, System, UAT, Web testing.
• Managed Onsite and Offshore teams.
• Gathered requirements through interviews, workshops, JAD sessions with clients, and developers referring to existing system documentation and procedures
• Experienced in documenting business requirements (BRD) and functional requirements (FRD)
• Worked closely with SME’s and provided business team with technical suggestions and recommendations.
• Worked closely with the business team, development team and the quality assurance team to ensure that desired functionalities will be achieved by the application.
• Analyzed and evaluated User Interface Designs, Technical Design Documents and the performance of the application from various dimensions.
• Maintained the Traceability Matrix Table to uniquely trace the identified business requirements to general design to testing as proof that requirements requested have been developed into a solution and that it has been tested and tracked.
• Highly motivated, organized and results and detail oriented with excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills. Proven capability of adapting to new and fast changing technologies KEY SKILLS
Agile (Scrum, XP, Kanban, SAFe), Waterfall, RAD, Incremental, Spiral, SDLC, TDD, BDD Data Analytics:
MS Excel, Tableau, R, IBM Watson, SPSS, SAS Enterprise Miner, Statistics, Qualtrics, VBA, RapidMiner, Python, Power BI
MySQL, MS SQL Server, MS Access
TFS, JIRA, Rally, MS Project, Microsoft office Suite, Visual Studio, ProTrac, QTP, Bugzilla, Eclipse, LaTeX, Selenium (IDE, WebDriver), ERP (SAP, Salesforce), SharePoint Business Modelling tools: MS Visio, Rational Rose, UML WORK EXPERIENCE
UA Little Rock Little Rock, AR
Scrum Master Aug 2017- May 2019
Worked with the client GTLA to implement Facets Enterprise administrative system, a new core system built by UALR, with updated technology to allow for more efficient claims processing, membership enrollment and provider data maintenance, and getting access to customer records. As a, Scrum Master I facilitated Scrum ceremonies, helped in product backlog refinement, analyzed data, and managed overall increment of the team. Responsibilities:
• Proficiently organized and facilitated daily scrum, sprint reviews, retrospectives, sprint release planning
• Collaborated closely with product owner on backlog grooming to keep products backlog relevant and prioritized, ensuring acceptance criteria are agreed upon and stories are ready for sizing
• Effectively tracked team's progress, including burn down, velocity and release forecasting
• Guide and coach multiple teams from different time zones on Agile transformation
• Responsible for reports generation and updates on all tasks, hours reporting, burn down and sprint reports
• Maintaining the milestones by updating the progress and managing changes to dates
• Instructed and modeled core Agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability and visibility; ensured consistent application of scrum methodologies across the enterprise
• Conducted the sessions to go over dependencies, risks, and issues and update JIRA accordingly
• Created Scrum boards, Kanban boards, dashboards, and structures to help team function more actively
• Ensured during the sprint planning meet that tasks provided by the team achieve a 100% utilization of all team members across teams
• Ensured latest Technical Data Document and other documents are prepared and uploaded
• Scheduled all sprint ceremonies including stand-ups, sprint demos, sprint retro, sprint planning and Product Backlog Refinement
• Executed all sprint ceremonies along with Product Owner
• Ensured correct sizing and prioritization, User story grooming, release planning
• Provided guidance and coaching while actively mentoring team members on Agile Methodology Environment: JIRA, SCRUM, TDD, Sprint, CI, CD, Java, Selenium. Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield Little Rock, AR Scrum Master May 2018- Dec 2018
The scope of the project is to Implement a web-based claims processing and management application to manage health insurance claims electronically. This software is a web-based electronic claims processing solution providing real-time patient insurance information.
• Assessed the Scrum Maturity of the team and the organization and helped the Scrum Master in improving Agile practices in the team using TFS
• Proposed a Scrum optimization by introducing better ways of conducting Sprint planning and retrospectives
• Facilitated daily Scrum call, Sprint planning, and Retrospective meetings for the team of 15
• Assisted team with making appropriate commitments through story selection, sizing and task definition and participated proactively in developing and maintaining team standards, tools and best practices reducing development time, Communicate with other
• Protect team from over-commitment, manage backlog and prioritize resolution of defects/bugs as evidenced by the on-time delivery.
• Met goal of addressing and resolving issues, Manage the life cycle of code development, from ideation to sprints to deployment Coordinate and manage code releases and shared APIs with other IT groups.
• Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress, taught the team to create clear and concise epics/stories.
• Worked with the engineering managers to identify cross-team dependencies and manage inter-team tasks
• Analyzed existing reports and defined business requirements and business process flows
• Gathered detailed business and technical requirements and participated in the definitions of business rules and data standards
• Successfully employed Agile Scrum methodology and managed roll-out with performance testing, functional testing and integration testing. Reviewed and assisted the QA testers with the development of project test plans
• Automated the testing process that reduced the testing time from 2 minutes to 5 seconds
• Participated in the team building activities and leadership sessions
• Provided guidance and coaching while actively mentoring team members on Agile Methodology Environment: TFS, SCRUM, SAFe, Sprint, CI, CD, C#, Selenium. Springer Nature Pune, India
Business Analyst/Scrum Master Aug 2013 - Aug 2016
I was involved in the data mapping and enhancement of the two systems when the company decided to migrate to new version of website. I worked on Consumer and Account Management System (CAMS) web-based application where in the vision is to migrate all the data.
• Created user stories on JIRA by understanding the requirements from the Product Owner
• Supported the Product Owner in grooming the product backlog and managing stakeholder communications
• Analyzed the tool performance data by conducting GAP analysis
• Facilitated the daily Scrum Call, Backlog grooming, Sprint planning, and Retrospective
• Created detailed use cases and process flow diagrams to support functional specifications
• Reviewed and gathered requirements from the Subject Matter Experts (SME) and Business Partners using various elicitation techniques and create Scope Management Documents
• Worked in creating interfaces for various external vendors
• Guided the development team through transition from Waterfall to Agile development
• Contributed in Joint Application Design sessions to develop functional requirements
• Facilitated data mapping activities and helped with the expansion of membership and provider data model
• Created workflow diagrams, process flow and data flow diagrams
• Assisted team with Data Mapping and Data Extracting Strategies for data migration. Worked with Tera Data
• Involved in creating use case diagrams for the purpose of the team to understand the workflow of the system.
Environment: JIRA, SCRUM, MS Visio, UML, BDD, TDD, CI, CD, MS Excel, Tableau, SQL, XML Ramkrishna IT Solutions Pvt Ltd Pune, India
Business Analyst Intern May 2012- May 2013
I worked for the team that was responsible for tracking and addressing the problems on timely manner encountered by the providers, billers as well as vendor companies, while generating various EDI Transactions.
• Participated in requirements discussions with business units, ensuring all business requirement were satisfactorily met
• Interfaced with internal clients and technical vendors on new high-level features and conducted a thorough analysis of the system features to assist project team
• Gathered user requirements by meeting with business users and generated business models and use case analysis
• Designed and developed project document templates based on SDLC methodology
• Worked with the developers closely to magnify success scenarios of Primary and Alternate flows
• Facilitated daily standup meetings and multiple meetings for the development teams
• Developed user stories and refined- them with product owners throughout the agile lifecycle
• Created data flow diagrams and business process flow diagrams for better understanding of the business needs by the scrum team
• Participated in Sprint planning, Scrum call, Sprint retrospective, and Sprint review meetings Environment: Java, UNIX, SQL, MS Word, MS Project, RUP, Rational ROSE, RequisitePro, Rational Clear Case, UML, MS Visio.
University of Arkansas at Little Rock Little Rock, AR Master of Science, Business Information Systems (GPA: 3.97) Aug 2017- May 2019 Shivaji University Kolhapur, India
Bachelor of Engineering, Information Technology (GPA: 3.5) July 2009- May 2013 HONORS & AWARDS
• Leadership Conference 2018-AIS Student Chapters (Finalist to The NBCUniversal Analytics Challenge 2018)
(Presented box office performance analysis to representing the correlation between film budget, external factors, and box office profit)
Tools used: Microsoft Excel, Tableau, IBM Watson Analytics
• Member of Beta Gamma Sigma - The International Business Honor Society
• Member of Association of Information Systems (AIS) CERTIFICATIONS
Scrum.Org: Professional Scrum Master I August 2019 Cognitive Class.ai: (1) SQL and Relational Databases 101 (2) Big Data 101 June 2017