CANDACE S. ODEN HUMAN RESOURCES PROFESSIONAL
Upper Marlboro, MD, 20772 • 240-***-**** • firstname.lastname@example.org Proactive and organized Human Resources professional seeking to grow in the industry within a fast-paced company/organization. Offering 5+ years of hands on experience in providing high quality managerial support, HR coordination, and database management. Looking to exert and gain knowledge with a growing company. An innovative and ambitious candidate; Highly trustworthy, ethical, and discreet; committed to superior customer service and project completion. Confident and poised in interactions with individuals at all levels. Detail oriented and resourceful in completing projects; able to multi-task effectively. Education
University of Maryland Eastern Shore – Princess Anne, MD May 2010 Prince George’s Community College – Largo, MD May 2011 Associate’s equivalent
Highlights of Expertise
• Event Planning • Resource Building
• HR Coordination • Market Research & Analysis
• Schedule Organization & Management • Process & Standards Improvements
• Database Management • Team Leadership & Training Professional Experience
American Physical Therapy Association – Alexandria, VA Human Resources Assistant (7/2019 – present)
• Assist in developing and executing personnel procedures and policies, providing guidance and interpretation for business operations.
• Provides payroll information by collecting time and attendance records.
• Provides secretarial support by managing HR database, data entry when employees join or exit the firm, organize schedules, and manage the departments email inbox.
• Screen resumes and conduct phone screens for multiple high demand, quick turnaround positions.
• Prepare paperwork, schedule, and facilitate a smooth new hire on-boarding process while coordinating with cross-functional departments to deliver an exceptional first-day experience. C
• Provides an effective and dedicated HR advisory service to employees in relation to absence/health issues, conduct and capability, grievance matters, organizational change, & all other employee-relations matters.
Booz Allen Hamilton – Annapolis Junction, MD
Senior Recruiting Project Coordinator (8/2016-11/2018) Served as Senior Recruiting Project Coordinator, overseeing day to day planning and operations within the candidate recruitment office. Planned recruiting events and oversees major hiring event projects. Established relationships and builds rapport with candidates before warm hand-off to interviewers for a successful working relationship as well as long-term contract agreements. Provided on hand support within the business office, providing guidance and training where necessary to other recruitment office staff.
• Conferred directly with upper-level management and supervisors to identify personnel needs, job specifications, duties, qualifications, and skills in order to properly plan career fair/hiring events
• Maintained contacts with schools, alumni groups, & other public organizations to find & attract applicants for better event planning and coordination of future projects
• Coordinated logistics of interviews with BAH staff and communicates scheduled appointments
• Coordinated schedules, travel, and assessments for candidates Apple One – Upper Marlboro, MD
Administrative Sales Project Coordinator (3/2016-6/2016)
• Researched and planned daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly goals for sales team
• Projected revenue estimates, and ensured resources were available to obtain goals that had been set forth
• Addressed concerns of superiors and leadership when goals seemed out of reach, performed project modifications
• Requested weekly activity reports and provided recommendations based on tasks completed/not completed
• Maintained a tracking log of goals completed and scheduled completion dates
• Conducted bi-weekly meetings to provide current sales data and progress reports SNI Companies – Washington, DC
Assistant Project Manager (11/2015-3/2016)
• Oversaw the development of new services and business opportunities for the company
• Developed and managed delivery management process for company upward mobility and project completion tracking
• Worked directly with division and team leads to obtain project status and progress reports
• Addressed and respond to customer concerns regarding project delays, in a timely manner and with research provided estimated completion time frame
• Reviewed and monitored projects/project activity and reported issues via memorandum The Midtown Group – Washington, DC
Benefits Project Coordinator (9/2014-8/2015)
• Served as the benefits coordinator, planning and executing events triggered toward employee benefits
• Oversaw the team that worked closely with third party companies to put together benefit packages for the employee
• Reviewed reports featuring “opt-in” or “opt-out” choices made by employees and coordinated production of surveys for workforce opinion of set benefits
• Planned and scheduled employee wellness fairs/events
• Calculated benefit amounts and eligibility based on gross income and allowable deductions
• Planned and coordinated open-enrollment brown bag meetings, seminars, and town halls Aerotek – Bowie, MD
Office Manager (10/2012 – 5/2013)
• Maintained office staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
• Maintained office services by organizing office operations and procedures, prepared payroll, controlled correspondence, designed filing systems, reviewed and approved supply requisitions, & assigned/monitored clerical functions
• Achieved financial objectives by preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
• Completed operational requirements by scheduling/assigning employees & following up on work results
• Maintained professional & technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, & participating in professional societies Professional Certifications
•PMP (Project Management Professional) – in Progress
•ITIL (Foundation v3) – in Progress
Typing 65 WPM, HTML writing, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, Agile, Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows 7, Adobe Professional, Browser Configuration, QuickBooks, SharePoint, Mac, IOS, MS Outlook, Data Entry, Taleo Recruiting System, WorkDay, Oracle, Paychex Excellent References Available Upon Request