DEEPAK KUMAR SINGH
North Hills, CA 91325
Manufacturing Engineer with experience improving quality, profitability and processes within the Elevator Manufacturing industry. Demonstrated ability for lean continuous improvement, design for manufacturability and implement quality standards. Strong understanding of fixture’s manufacturing processes such as sheet metal bending, precision machining, CNC routing and engraving, assembly and packaging. SKILLS:
• AutoCAD • CNC Routing and Engraving
• SolidWorks • Enroute 6 and Coreo 5
• CATIA • Six Sigma
• Lean Principles • Design for Manufacturing (DFM)
• MAT Lab • Microsoft Office Suite
TRE Elevators Corp
Manufacturing Engineer – California Mar 2017 – Present
• Receive and evaluate customer design information, drawings, and data order form
• Generate Design and Assemblies of Elevator components from concept to production
• Developed, implemented and maintained methods, work order, scheduling, operation sequence and processes in the fabrication of parts, sub-assemblies and final assemblies
• Handling CNC Engraving and Routing Operations for elevator assembly components.
• Creating Bill of Materials for various fixtures and parts manufactured
• Refine and enhance manufacturing process by continuous improvement, applying lean principles, improving production, quality and cost reduction.
• Ensured final product deliveries were within allotted time frames as well as budgetary constraints
• Eliminated production issues resulted in increased manufacturing productivity by 25 percent
• Slashed material cost by 30% by interfacing with supplier’s on RFQ’s and cost reduction program Inpack Fabrications Pvt. Ltd.
Mechanical Engineer – Hyderabad, India Jun 2013 - Jun 2014
• Designed Forming Tube and assisted superior’s finalizing design for manufacturing of packaging machines
• Coordinated operations like Sheet Metal Bending for manufacturing of Feeder Hooper and body of machines
• Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics and computer-generated reports
• Created Bill of Materials for all sub assembly parts
• Experience with Quoting, generating Reports and Documents writing
• Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve problems related to machinery on the production floor Exhibited proficiency in providing technical support to analyze manufacturing systems and ensured optimization of quality, efficiently managed the quality of manufacturing machines Engineering Intern - Vijaya Diary – Hyderabad, India May 2012 – Aug 2012
• Analyzed COP and efficiency of Air and Screw compressors of the Refrigeration system.
• Closely monitored production cycle of dairy products and different packaging machines
• Successfully, opted the procedures and operating principles of the Refrigeration system
• The facility at the premises provided me with the necessary flexibility to learn about plant effectively. Graduate Research Assistant at California State University Northridge Jan 2016 – May 2016 EDUCATION
Master of Science – Mechanical Engineering (GPA: 3.4) May - 2016 California State University, Northridge, CA
COURSEWORK: Automotive engineering, Mechanical Design with Composites, Internal combustion engine, Computer-aided Design of Machinery, Aerodynamics, and Dynamics of Machine.
Bachelor’s in Technology– Mechanical Engineering (GPA: 3.4) Jun – 2013 Guru Nanak Engineering College, Hyderabad, India
COURSEWORK: Kinematics of Machinery, Machine Drawing, Mechanics of Solids, Thermodynamics, Heat Transfer, Machine Tools, Metallurgy and Material Science, Robotics, Design of Machine Members. CERTIFICATION
• Certified in “Lean Management” from Six Sigma Academy Amsterdam(Udemy).
• Completed the Certification program covering AutoCAD, CNC Programming and CATIA software’s from Central Institute of Tool Design (CITD), India.
• Coordinated a national level Workshop on “AUTOMATION & ROBOTICS” during the Bachelor’s Degree.