Ireyda (Yeya) Martinez
Houston, TX 77044
Creative, responsible, and organized bilingual professional. Effective problem solver with the desire to learn and teach.
Baylor College of Medicine
July 2016 to July 2018
Book, coordinate, and reschedule patient appointments.
● Register patients in EPIC system.
● Verify insurance of new and returning patients.
● Schedule surgeries, outpatient appointments, and admissions as requested.
● Answer the telephone and routes patient calls.
● Maintains and updates current information on physician's schedules ensuring that patients are scheduled properly and appointments are confirmed.
● Handle incoming referrals.
Houston Children's Dental Center
February 2016 to April 2016
Greeted parents, patients and visitors. Collected co-pays and payments.
● Assisted parents in completing all necessary forms and documentation, assisted with questions.
● Verified and updated patient information as required.
● Scheduled and confirmed appointments, notifying medical staff of patient's arrival, and reminded medical staff of service delays
● Translated for parents and Doctors
Meiko America Inc
October 2012 to September 2015
Completed shipping documentation, including bill of lading, commercial invoice, packing list, certificates of origin, and country specific documents. Ensured all guidelines were being followed in accordance to various custom regulations and requirements to avoid any discrepancies.
● Effectively communicated to customer's factors such as timelines, changes in shipping schedules, delays or regulations affecting shipments.
● Ensured the goods were shipped in the most timely and efficient manner.
● Maintained current knowledge of relevant legislation, political situations, or other factors that could affect freight shipping. Coordinated and fulfill compliance of government regulations (AES, US Customs Clearance, country specific requirements)
● Responded to inquiries regarding status of documents and work with vendors to ensure on time delivery of documents to International customers.
● Responsible for processing correct shipping documents as per timing of customer conditions.
● Obtained or arranged cargo insurance.
● Arranged for payment of freight or insurance fees or other charges.
● Tracked shipment from pick up through delivery and communicated shipment status of goods to shipper and consignees from origin to destination.
● Answered all emails and phone inquiries in a timely manner.
● Trained new employees, and assisted other team members as needed, attended meetings and participated in conference calls.
Bachelor of Arts in Rhetoric in Rhetoric
University of Texas, College of Liberal Arts, Austin May 2011
Outlook, Filing, Receptionist
● Fluent Spanish speaking, writing, and reading.
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint