Anju Khadka Rai
Profile : Female, Married
Date of Birth : May 8, 1984
Nationality : Nepali
Spouse : Nishesh Rai
Current Location: Al Wakra, Qatar
Visa Status : Family
Qatar ID : 284********
Total Experience: 7 Years (In the field of Account and Admin)
Education : Bachelor’s in Business Studies (B.B.S.) ACCA, Advanced Diploma Level
July 2016-July 2017 The Salvation Mission (The Salvation Army) Kathmandu, Nepal www.salvationarmy.org
Finance and Administration Officer
The Salvation Army is an International Charitable Organization which support poor, destitute and hungry by meeting both their "physical and spiritual needs". It is present in 127 countries, running charity shops, operating shelters for the homeless and disaster relief and humanitarian aid to developing countries. Main responsibilities:
Manage all day to day finance department activities on priority basis, Review & monitor timely, accurate payment to all vendors, staff salaries and all staff/Vendors advances.
Plan, organize, coordinate, and direct subordinate staff in the daily operations of various finance activities.
Prepare quarterly financial report for submission to the Salvation Army International Headquarter and to the Nepal Government, SWC.
Prepare and enter journal entries in TSM system and Monthly BRS, Income and Expenditure and Balance sheet.
Supervise subordinate staff; set work priorities; create work schedules; provide training; conduct performance evaluations.
Assist project auditors (internal/external/government) by providing adequate information.
Assist in the preparation of budgets and budget revisions, following up on cash allocations, monitoring budgets vs. expenditures, ensuring availability of funds for expenditure Anju Khadka Rai
Page 2 of 6
Initiates to verify data, answer queries of external auditors during the final audit of an organization and provide additional information on accounts and financial transactions as required.
Comply with all local government and The Salvation Army reporting requirements and tax filings.
Review and approve work of subordinate staff.
Develop and implement policies and procedures
Initiate support cases and work with system support representatives to resolve financial system issues.
Ensure the financial reports submitted by partners is in line with grant agreement, donor compliance, accounting standards and Government Policy.
Orient partners accountant as per the instruction of line manager.
Give appropriate feedback to partners, maintain and ensure the sufficient evidence to support transactions.
Mr. Richard Vanlalnghaka (Captain)
Asst. Project Officer
The Salvation Mission Project Nepal
Mob. +977-981-***-**** /015190088
Sept 2010 – Dec 2014 Strengthening of Environmental Administration and Management at the Local Level in Nepal, Nepal-Finland Cooperation Kathmandu, Nepal
Administrative and Account Officer
SEAM-Nepal is a bilateral Project of Government of Nepal and Government of Finland. SEAM-Nepal project has covered six districts, nine Municipalities and 32 village Development Committees of the eastern region part of Nepal. The overall objective of the project is to contribute in improving the environmental health of the beneficiaries by reducing environmental pollution.
As an Account Officer
Arrange for fund transfer from one account to other and ensure all bank accounts remain in credit. Ensure the accurate monthly cash funding forecasting requirements from all teams are received and requests sent to FCG. International Ltd. Finland in timely manner.
Monitor budget and exercise budgetary control and assist in the preparation of the annual budget and update monthly status.
Prepare draft financial report.
Update status of Fund released and prepare required detail reports for PSC meeting.
Visit DDCs and Municipalities for Joint Audit program funded by the Project and prepare Audit report.
Check all outstanding bills, make payments, prepare receipts and Vouchers and keep records of all financial transactions.
Responsible to release fund as per signed MOUs and contracts and maintain records and communicate with the respective Component Managers and stakeholder. Anju Khadka Rai
Page 3 of 6
Reconciles bank accounts and verify the bank balance with the general ledger
Responsible for closing the monthly book keeping in Web base PROA (accounting Software).
Responsible for all activities related to Tax Oversee payroll and accounts payable employees.
Compile information for internal and external auditors, as required.
Communicate with Administrative Coordinator of FCG directly regarding financial issues.
Manage agreement and contract, correspondence, filings, mails and ensures security and safety of office.
As an Administrative Officer
Monitor Insurance of personnel, goods, and vehicles/house.
Keep record & maintain proper storage system & physical verifications of inventory items.
Proper supply & maintenance of office equipment, tools & service Vehicle.
Facilitate procurement planning.
Communicate and coordinate with the side offices.
Response to all enquiries of Embassy on Financial and Administration issues Main achievements:
Built up confidence to work with any organization of any volume in the field of accounting and administration
Working knowledge with international and national authorities as well as foreign affairs
Developed knowledge for the preparation of financial reports and presentation skill.
Developed communication skill
Knowledge gained to work with individuals, organizations, Companies & contractors. REFERENCES:
Mr. Bikrant Bikram Chand Ms. Marita Helki
Executive Chairman Admin.Coordinator-Dev.Consulting Forest Products Development Board FCG International Ltd., Finland Ministry of Forests and Environment Mob. +358-**-***-**** Mob. +977-9851210944 email@example.com
April 2009 – Sept 2010 ACE Development Bank Limited Urlabari, Morang Nepal http://www.ace.com.np/
ACE Development Bank Ltd. is a national level bank that provides all kinds of banking facilities. The bank has many branches including Urlabari, Morang where I was appointed to work from the establishment of the branch office.
• Prepare cash position daily, weekly as well as monthly basis and ensure that the branch possesses sufficient cash for making day-to-day transaction.
• Prepare multiple transaction and complex journal entries. Review routine journal entries prepared by others. Responsible for posting to subsidiary ledgers and reconciliation of ledger account and take Participate in the month-end close process.
Anju Khadka Rai
Page 4 of 6
• Create new loan files, entry into system, cover phone calls and costumer meetings as necessary and keep branch manager informed of all activities within department.
• Liaise with and co-ordinate with internal departments to resolve client issues or reconciliation exceptions, technical issues with systems that the unit relies upon.
• Participate in the development, preparation and analyze branch financial reports and statements.
• Provide timely and accurate information to the external and internal auditors and the compliance function as and when required.
• Promote the bank’s products and the services including salary accounts, loans, cards and deposits to potential and existing customers.
• Deliver, consistently, high levels of customer service and deal with customer queries effectively, initiating transactions where possible and escalating complex ones to the appropriate channel, in order to maintain a high degree of customer satisfaction in line with ACE’s service quality standards.
• Back up Branch Manager in his absence which includes providing supervision, and motivating staff, fostering a team environment and assigning workflow.
• Assist in supporting management on transaction Administration related projects, including active participation in initiative to improve operational efficiency and customer service as assigned by the Branch Manager and leading changes as required.
• Assist in monitoring and coordinating the workflow of the team. This includes working with the Branch Manager to determine the assignment of the workload to staff; schedule staff to perform daily, weekly and monthly tasks.
• Learned to be helpful but genuine and friendly yet efficient. Got chance to work with quite a diverse group of people and gained experience to deal with a mixture of personality types.
• A flexible schedule of Bank developed my time management skill.
• Gained ability to stay calm in stressful circumstances.
• Developed marketing skill and learned a very good lesson to take the customer as always right. REFERENCES:
Mr. Roshan Pandey
Mob. +977-9841320806/ Tel: 01-4484632
Nov 2007 – Mar 2009 Kabeli Development Bank Limited Dhankuta, Nepal http://www.kabelibikasbank.com.np/
Kabeli Development Bank Ltd. is a regional level bank that provides all kinds of banking facilities. The office is head office of the bank, where I was appointed to work from the establishment of the office.
Anju Khadka Rai
Page 5 of 6
• Provide administrative support for the department such as answering telephones, assisting visitors and resolving a range of administrative problems and inquiries.
• Compose and edit correspondence and memorandum from dictation, verbal direction, and from knowledge of established department policies; prepare, transcribe, compose, type, edit, and distribute agendas and minutes of meetings.
• Schedule and coordinate meetings, interviews, appointments, events and other similar activities for supervisors, which coordinating travel as well as lodging arrangements.
• Establish, maintain, and update files, databases, records, and other documents; develop and maintain data, and perform routine analyzes and calculations in the processing of data for recurring internal reports.
• Sort, review, screen and distribute incoming and outgoing mail; prepare, compose and ensure timely responses to a variety of routine written inquiries.
• Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
• Formatting and editing presentations.
• Providing training, guidance and advice to others on administrative issues.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Developed Computer skills.
• Developed communication and customer service skills.
• Gained Idea of cash counting skill and obtained knowledge of office documentation.
• Learnt to use banking software and software related to remittance. REFERENCES:
Kabeli Development Bank Ltd. Dhankuta
Mr. Shailendra Bade Shrestha
Ph. No. +977-******** / 26521510
Url : www.kabelibikasbank.com.np
S.N. Qualification Area of Specialization Institute Year 1
ACCA (UK) Advanced
Diploma in Accounting
Taxation, Management &
The British college ACCA 2017
Bachelor’s Degree in
Account, Finance, Statistics,
Taxation & Project Management
Government Accounting &
Book-keeping & cost Accounts
Office MGT. & Account, OPT.
Maths & Health Education
Bal Sansar Secondary
Boarding School, Dhankuta
Anju Khadka Rai
Page 6 of 6
RELEVANT TRAININGS AND SHORT TERMS COURSES
S.N. Course Title Focus Area
(Mention Name & Place)
1 Report writing
Career Master Nepal Pvt.
2 PROA Database Accounting software SEAM-Nepal Project Internal training given at
the time of job entry
3 Pumarii Plus III Banking Software Kabeli Bikash Bank Ltd. Internal training given at
the time of job entry
4 Tally 7.2 Accounting software Online computer, Dharan 03.09.2006 10.10.2006 5 Money Works Express Accounting Software
The Salvation Army,
Internal training given at
the time of job entry
Other Relevant Experiences related to the Job Specification I am good in Excel as well as Office packages. I am good in using different accounting software. I have more than 5 years’ experience in International project in the field of Administration and accounting. As an Administrative and Account Officer I have good knowledge of Planning, Budgeting, Data entry in Web base PROA, Reporting, Financing, Communication and Management. Since, I have experience in banking; I know very well about the arrangement for fund transfer from one account to other and to ensure all bank accounts remain in credit. Ensure the accurate monthly cash funding forecasting requirements from all teams are received and requests sent to donor in timely manner to meet commitments. I ensure the safety and security of cash and bank accounts check, confirm and post all reconciliations (Bank and Cash) on a weekly basis through the computerized financial system. I had been working closely with national, sub-national level, stakeholders and NGOs and have acquired knowledge on GoN rules and regulation.
I hereby undersign that the information provided above is true & correct. ANJU KHADKA RAI
Mr. Khaga Raj Pandeya
Deputy Head Mission
Embassy of Nepal, Bahrain
Ms. Emma Nurmi
Finnish Environment Institute