Dr. Syed Hasan Nawaz Zaidi
Location: Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
Linkedin Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/dr-syed-hasan-nawaz-zaidi-b8781a57/ JOB INFORMATION:
Current status: Professor of Community Medicine & Head of Department Dept. of Community Medicine, Mayo Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow-Barabanki road, India
Industry: Medical and Health Care
Keywords: Medical doctor, Community medicine, Epidemiology, Life sciences, Public health, Injury and other communicable disease, Immunization, Maternal and child health, AIDS, Tuberculosis, Leprosy
Dedicated, multi-lingual medical doctor, with post-graduate degree in Community Medicine
(J.N. Medical College, Aligarh Muslim University). Has the aptitude and enthusiasm for fur- thering a career in Public Health. Excellent medical and computer skills to credit, and have exposure to multi-cultural working environment. Fluent in English, Urdu and Hindi with a good communication skill.
Certificate of Provisional, Uttar Pradesh (Medical) Reg. No.37946. Oct 30, 2003. Medical Council of India (Undergraduate). Reg. No: 25497. Dec 1, 2004. Medical Council of India (Postgraduate) Reg. No: 08-6276. Aug 29, 2008. PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES:
Member of Indian Association of Preventive and Social Medicine (IAPSM)- 4331 International Epidemiological Association (IEA)
Doctor of Medicine in Community Medicine, 2008
J.N.Medical College, A.M.U. Aligarh
Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery, 2003
J.N.Medical College (A Central Govt. College), A.M.U. Aligarh INTERNSHIP
J.N.Medical College, A.M.U. Aligarh November 2003-October 2004 EMPLOYMENT RECORDS
EXPERIENCE IN EPIDEMIOLOGICAL WORK
■ Experience in management, implementation and monitoring of primary health care pro- gramme, under the Re-orientation of Medical Education Scheme of the Govt. of India, i.e. Immunization Services, Family Welfare Services, Primary eye care services, Health Edu- cation and Nutrition Education, in 15 villages of Aligarh District (U.P.). SHORT COURSE ON EPIDEMIOLOGY: 2nd
Attended the “Short Course on Epidemiology” organized by Community Health Department, St. Stephen’s Hospital in collaboration with Christian Medical College, Vellore; Jawa- harlal Nehru University, New Delhi and RNTCP, Delhi. Name and address of the
1. Mayo Institute of Medical
Sciences, Barabanki, UP
Dec 2016 -Till Now-
Associate Professor 28th
Dec 2013 29th
2. Shri Satya Sai Medical
College, Thiruporur, TN Assistant Professor 8th
Nov 2010 30th
3. Mamta Institute of Medical
Sciences, Khammam, AP Assistant Professor 2nd
Dec 2009 30th
4. Prathima Institute of
KarimNagar, AP Assistant Professor 14th
Sep 2008 30th
Thesis: “A Population Based Study on Injuries” 2006-2007. A scientific paper titled “Injuries in the community”, presented in 52nd National Confer-
ence of Indian Public Health Association. Department of Community Medicine, Maulana Azad Medical College. New Delhi, Mar 7- 9, 2008.
1. An abstract titled “A population based study on injuries in rural and urban areas of Aligarh”, published in Injury Prevention 2010; BMJ: 16 (Suppl 1):A1–A28910.1136/ ip.2010.029215.544. ISSN:1475-5785
2. An original paper titled “Knowledge and perception of community regarding mosquito-borne diseases in a coastal rural area of South India”. SHN Zaidi, P Sukla, J Ramasamy. Published in Indian Journal of Public Health Research and Development (double blind peer reviewed indexed international journal). Oct-Dec., 2012, Vol. 3, No. 4. p57-61. ISSN:0976-0245
3. A letter to Editor titled “Hepatitis E: Risk and Prevention”. Shrivastava PS, Shrivas- tava SRBL, Ramasamy J, Zaidi SHN. Hepatitis E: Risk and Prevention. Int J Prev Med. Dec, 2014; Special issue 3:231-2. ISSN:2008-7802 4. An original paper titled “Health and Psycho-social problems of elderly persons in rural area of Andhra Pradesh”. Sukla P, Zaidi SHN, Sharma KD. Published in Indi- an Journal of Public Health Research and Development (double blind peer re- viewed indexed international journal). Jan-Mar., 2015; 6(2):293. ISSN:0976-0245. 5. An original research paper titled “Menstrual hygiene and sanitation practices among adolescent school going girls: a study from a South Indian town”. Zaidi SHN, Sivakami A, Jegadeesh Ramasamy D. Int. J. Community Med Public Health. Apr-Jun., 2015; 2:189-94. ISSN: 2394-6032
6. An original research paper titled “Risk perception and practice towards road traffic safety among medical students”. Zaidi SHN, Paul PC, Mishra P, Srivastav A. Int J Community Med Public Health 2017Jan;4(1):9-14. ISSN: 2394-6032 7. STATE/OTHER JOURNALS
1. An original paper titled “Injury pattern in children”. Zaidi SHN, Khan Z, Khalique N. Published in Indian Journal of Community Health. Vol. 25. No. 1. Jan-Mar 2013. p45-51. ISSN 2248-9509.
2. A review article titled “Polio eradication in India: New initiatives in sanitation”. Sukla P, Sharma KD, Rana M, Zaidi SHN. Published in Indian Journal of Communi- ty Health. Vol. 25. No. 1. Jan-Mar 2013. P74-76. ISSN: 2248-9509. PROJECT
Selected for WHO`s VIP-Mentorship program (2009-2010). As a mentor supervised ICMR STS project tiltled “Knowledge attitude of adolescent school girls on menstrual hygiene and sanitary pad usage and other practices in Thiruporur, Tamilnadu”. ICMR STS -2012. Accepted in March, 2013. REFERENCE ID: 2012 – 02664.
Journal reviewer for Bulletin of the World Health Organization Journal reviewer for Indian Journal of Community Health Journal reviewer for International Journal of Health & Allied Sciences PUBLIC HEALTH EXPERIENCE
National Polio Surveillance Project (2003-2008)
Mobilized resistant urban communities in Aligarh for Polio mobilization, volunteered for many campaigns. Supervised a number of health camps organized by department of Community medicine itself and in conjunction with UNICEF, in and around Aligarh (esp. rural areas).
Supervised the health clinics as a Medical Officer established by department of Com- munity medicine in conjunction with UNICEF.
As a Deputy Project Coordinator deputed under project “CATA” (Concurrent As- sessment and Technical Assistance to districts, under the European Commission sup- ported Sector Investment Programme in the state of Uttar Pradesh), covered Moradabad and Rampur rural and urban areas. 2006
As a Medical officer in project “Integrated Management of Neonatal and Childhood Illness” (IMNCI) - Baseline assessment of childhood mortality and morbidity in Mathura district in Uttar Pradesh state-an IPEN Study). 23rd March –12th April 2007. As a Resource person in the Regional Level Workshop on RTI/ STI for Medical Offi- cers, UPSACS & Department of Community Medicine, J.N.Medical College and UP State AIDS Control Society (Lucknow) for Medical Officers, Staff Nurses and Laboratory Tech- nicians,
Participated and organized various yearly National health related events. COMPUTER SKILLS
Microsoft Windows, Office, Internet, SPSS-12
English: Proficient level of fluency in reading writing and speaking. Hindi: Proficient level of fluency in reading writing ands. Urdu: Proficient level of fluency in speaking; moderately fluent in reading writing. ACHIEVEMENTS
Certificate of Academic Excellence - Won first prize on focused group discussion or- ganized among women in an urban slum area of Aligarh, awarded by department of Community medicine. Topic: Maternal Mortality.2008 Certificate of Special Effort -From UNICEF through Regional Coordinator WHO for ac- tive participation in Pulse Polio Immunization Program.2004 Certificate of Academic Excellence - From M.S.U. Society, Aligarh. 1999 Certificate of Special Effort - From Cancer Aid Society,42 cantt road Lucknow by Dr. C.P. Bajpai (M.D.)
Won several prizes and awards in drawing and painting competitions at school level. CERTIFICATES OF PARTICIPATION:
World Congress of Imamia Medics International. New Delhi, Nov, 18-20, 2004.
Cardio-Diabetology Update. Aligarh, Oct, 9-10, 2004.
International Physicians for Prevention of Nuclear War-Central India (IPPNW- Central India). Aligarh, 23 Mar, 2006.
CME Programme on HIV\AIDS Prevention & Treatment Awareness. Approved by Medical Council of India (MCI). Aligarh, Aug, 27, 2006.
Symposium on Bioethics. Conducted by Indian Council of Medical Research, New Delhi and King George’s Medical University, Lucknow. Sep, 13-14, 2006.
AIDS DAY 2006 Symposium on Medical-Social Implications of HIV\AIDS in India held by the AIDS Cell of the IAMMS, Aligarh. Dec, 1-2, 2006.
National Conference of Indian Association of Preventive & Social Medicine. AI- IMS New Delhi, Feb, 22-24, 2007.
Continuing Medical Education (Sponsored by Medical Council Of India). Aligarh, Mar, 23, 2007.
IAP Workshop on “Zinc, Diarrhoea and Severe Malnutrition”. Aligarh, Jul, 22nd
National Conference of Indian Public Health Association. Department of Com- munity Medicine, Maulana Azad Medical College. New Delhi, Mar 7-9, 2008.
National Workshop on Prevention of Lead Poisioning. Department of Biochemistry. C.S.M. Medical University, UP. Lucknow, Mar 29, 2008.
Workshop on “Special Health Care Needs of Elderly”. Department of Community Medicine Subharti Medical College. Meerut, May 18, 2008.
Workshop on Qualitative Research Methods for Medical & Health Professionals. Indi- an Institute of Public Health (IPHA). Gandhinagar, 10th
Medical Education Technology Training Program. Shri Sathya Sai Medical College & Research Institute. Kancheepuram, 6th
Workshop on “Teaching Aids”. Medical Education Unit, Shri Sathya Sai Medical Col- lege & Research Institute. Kancheepuram, 19th
Annual National Conference of India Association of Preventive and Social Medi- cine. KGMU, Lucknow. 26th
• XXI Annual Conference of Indian Association of Preventive & Social Medicine. UP & UK Chapter. 26th
OTHER INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES
Drawing & Painting, Photography, Travel
1. Dr. Najam Khalique Professor,
Department of Community Medicine,
J.N.Medical College, AMU.
Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh
2. Dr. Javvad Suri Senior Specialist- Newborn Health (USAID- IPE global) IPE Global Pvt Ltd (Program on Scaling Up Interventions in RMNCH+A, supported by USAID)
New Delhi 110 020,India.
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Dr. Jegadeesh Ramasamy Professor,
Department of Community Medicine,
Shri Sathya Sai Medical College & RI, Kancheepuram, TN E-mail: http://email@example.com