Arun Sahil Vampugalla
firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com 248-***-****
• Skilled and passionate Quality Engineer seeking for Full-time opportunity, where I can apply my talent and education to establish myself as a professional engineer.
• Professional 5 years Industrial Work Experience Skilled in Quality Engineering, CNC G&M Code programming and Production engineering
• To be bound to an organization that gives me an immense scope to update my knowledge and skills in accordance with the latest technologies and to take a crucial part in the development of an organization. WORK EXPERIENCE
PIC, A TRIGO Company Shelby Charter township,MI,USA Quality Resident Engineer July 2018 -present
(Gestamp at VOLVO (Charleston-South Carolina) Feb2019-PRESENT
• Responsible for the Supplier Quality issues of GESTAMP which supplies exterior body components
(Roofs,Doors,Wheel houses,Floor panels,Fenders etc) which constitute 90% of Body parts at VOLVO.
• Responsible for Final Quality analysis and approval of every part for production.
• Performed Root cause Analysis and investigation of each defect/issue which arises during production and 8D quality analysis of issues
• Responsible for interaction between Gestamp Quality Team and VOLVO senior Quality management team to achieve immediate Engineering changes or Reworks to the parts.
• Performed and generated daily Quality Audits of parts and Root cause analysis reports of all the issues.
(Magna Formex at GM (Warren Technical Center(PPO) Dec2018-Jan 2019
• Responsible for Quality Inspection of Truck chassis from Magna formex (Frame supplier) at GM warren technical center(PPO)
• Responsible for final approval of chassis to the assembly line which involves various Quality checks such as Drag welds, pitch checks, Exhaust hangers, Bushing, Pins,thread counts etc
• Performed Design(Quality) analysis and resolved issues of chassis with GM engineering Team and performed Liaison services between Magna formex and GM
• Performed APQP and PPAP methodologies in the product launch of the Frames involving DFMEA in design phase and PFMEA in process phase.
(Movimento(USA) with FORD Dec2018
• Responsible for Reflash(Software Quality validation) for Ford vehicles.
• Performed Quality checks for infotainment system and checked for any system errors in the Software codes and assisted in final approval of vehicle with software checks.
(Cooper Standard CS at FCA- Sterling heights assembly plant-SHAP) July 2018 -Dec2018
• Responsible for inspection process for Fuel Line Bundle part for contracted customer (Cooper Standard CS and FCA- Sterling heights assembly plant-SHAP) at ThyssenKrupp(TK) (sterling heights) and performed Quality audits such as Root cause analysis, observation reports and quality process reports.
• Performed visual, mechanical and functional verification of fuel bundle lines (RAM truck) to ensure compliance to set specification and Quality standards.
• Collected and recorded accurate data regarding defects in fuel bundles and tagged and isolated defective parts and provided justification for defective fuel bundles.
• Performed analysis of problems at OEM’s facility to find the proper solution (and avoid claim) and inform affected production plants to take appropriate corrective actions. Proactive channeling of information on existing claims to the Plant to perform the analysis and solve them. Rachana Machines Pvt Ltd Hyderabad,India
Manufacturing(product) Engineer June 2014 to May 2016
• Made Production Process Sheets for the components of specially ordered machineries like paper cup making machines and Rotary Indexing Machinery-Five, six Station
• Load Charts for the individual components and entire machinery of paper cup making machines and Rotary Indexing Machinery-Five, six Stations.
• Allocated work to the CNC machine shop and assisted in CNC programming-G&M coding for the production of individual components.
• Responsible for implementing MRP of the lathes depending upon the incoming parts from suppliers depending upon their functionality
• Co-ordinated with the Assembly and design departments for the effective deliveries of the machineries.
• Performed Quality Assurance and inspection of the individual components of the machinery. HMT Machine Tools Ltd Bangalore, India
Product Quality Intern July 2013 to Jan 2014
• Assisted using the development and implementation of quality audits system, process sheets.
• Testing and inspected products for flaws and quality by comparing; recording any malfunctions by involving in the complete product development life-cycle
• Performed the tasks of ensuring the ISO standards of the product by coordinating with the quality systems staff
• Performed responsibilities of assisting senior quality engineer with multiple tasks including testing and fabrication Visakhapatnam Steel Plant Visakhapatnam, India
Plant Maintenance Intern May 2012 to July 2012
• Assisting in carrying out routine scheduled maintenance work and responding to equipment faults
• Diagnosed the breakdown problems and performed quality inspections on jobs
• Informed Maintenance supervisor about potentially dangerous mechanical equipment and faulty instrumentation Aramark-Student Employee Wayne State University(WSU)Dining Services (Aug-17 to May 18)
• Worked as a Sushi Chef, Cashier and student lead and managed the whole team effectively in prime rush times. EDUCATION
Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Wayne State University, Detroit May 2018 GPA:3.45
• Relevant coursework: Finite Element Methods, Mechanics of composite materials, Manufacturing Processing Mechanics, Engg Non-Destructive Evaluation Methods & Industrial Applications, Automotive Manufacturing Systems and Processes, Crashworthiness and Occupant Protection in Transportation Systems I, Integrated Product Development, Nanomaterials for Engineering Applications Master of Technology in Computer Integrated Manufacturing(CIM), SRM University, India April 2016 GPA: 3.61 Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering, K L University, India April 2014 GPA: 3.40 ACADEMIC PROJECTS
CAE - Crash Worthiness and Occupant Safety
Frontal, Frontal oblique, Side and roof crash test simulation
• Performed full vehicle crash analysis in LS -DYNA and rated per FMVSS, IIHS and NCAP standards
• Conducted simulation with Hybrid III dummy 50th male dummy and analyzed dummy injury response
• Analyzed the crash pulse, barrier force, structural deformation force. Manufacturing Process Mechanics
• Modeled, meshed, analyzed dies and billet for Equal Channel Angular Extrusion process in ABAQUS
• Studied effect of coefficient of friction, temperature and width to thickness ratio on plastic strain A Knowledge Based Expert System for Piston Rings in Permanent Mold Casting Process-India Pistons Ltd, Chennai, India - Master of Technology (Production Intern/Project Thesis) feb 2016-May2016
• Developed and implemented Expert system methodology in INDIA PISTONS LTD Chennai which can suggest metal grades for production of piston rings and predict defects and remedial ways to reduce defects.
• Developed SQL based expert system by IF/THEN rules based upon the metal grades used in the company and developed Visual Base with Microsoft Visual Studio 2012.
• Developed expert system made efficient reduction in production losses for piston rings by predicting the defects and suggesting the metal grade for ring upon type of mold, cavities, type of gates, ejection system, allowance and composition.
Quality Control and Non-Conformity Analysis of Products HMT Machine Tools Ltd Bangalore, India- Bachelor of Technology (Product Quality Intern / Project Thesis)
• Performed quality inspections on various finished products and lathe machines.
• Performed reverse engineering on a robotic arm by documenting disassembly and bill of materials which stated input and output function of each part.
• Performed special techniques like Coordinate Measuring Machine for the Quality Control inspection of various finished/defected parts of the Lathe/Mill components.
• Redesigned a Lathe component which is Lead screw with needle cage rollers to reduce overall manufacturing cost of the product.
Control Systems G&M Code programming,Cadem-CNC turn-mill,MaterCAM Machine Experience CNC Sinumerik and Fanuc Controllers Material Characterization
Tensile testing, Hardness testing, SEM
PPAP,APQP,FMEA,8D,PFMEA,KAIZEN, Six Sigma,SMED,5S,JIT,TPM,VSM,Root Cause Analysis, Poka-Yoke
Programming Language MATLAB,C+,Microsoft SQL server, Microsoft Visual Studio PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS & LEADERSHIP ACTIVITIES
• Member, American Society for Quality(ASQ)
• Student Member, American Society of Mechanical Engineers(ASME)
• Student Member, Society of Manufacturing Engineers(SME)
• Led a team of 6 Quality inspectors and Technicians for QC inspection of Fuel bundle lines for FCA-SHAP
• Responsible for resolving the issues with fuel bundles and effective decrease in defect rate.
• Led a team of 8-10 people as Dining Student lead in Panda Express in Dining services-Wayne State University(WSU)
• Led a team of 10-15 Shop floor personnel for Production and assembly for Paper cup lathe machines(INDIA)