Civil Project Manager
Expert, Energetic and Result Oriented Civil engineer served as Project Manager & Technical Manager at Amana Qatar Contracting Co. Doha, having an overall working experience of 22 years of which 17 years in Doha, Qatar.. Presently looking forward to work with an innovative and challenging organization to achieve collective progress for the company and individual interests with the highest level of determination, responsibility and trust. Accomplishments:
• Achieved the goal of project completion, within the allotted budget and time duration working as the project manager,
Project – Qatar German Switchgear Factory, Main contractor Amana Qatar Contracting Client – Salam International
Allotted budget – QR 28 Million, Project completed with 30% Profit. Time of Completion 11 Months. – Start date – May 2009, completion – April 2010.
• One of the most successful achievements while working as Construction /Technical manager at Amana Qatar contracting Tendering section is to get the technical bid approved which eventually lead to Amana Qatar contracting winning the first Enabling works contract for the AL WAKRA stadia for Qatar 2022 world cup managed by the supreme council for delivery. Period – Jan – 2013.
• Successfully Completed a QR 200 million plus project (Doha Exhibition center) as project engineer working with a team of construction managers, project managers. Workforce - 300 Plus, Budget – Cost Plus, Duration – Feb 2007 to Nov 2007, Handed over the project in record 8 months period.
Client – Qatar tourism authority / BARWA real estate Main contractor – Amana Qatar Contracting Co.
2 P a g e
• Managed the Construction of the following Major construction projects in the capacity of a Construction manager directly supervising a team of Engineers, site supervisors, administrative staff, MEP contractors, & Finishing Contractors, simultaneously managing Client representatives, Consultants & reporting to Higher management on project status.
1. New Doha International Airport Staff Access Terminal, Doha Qatar (Year - 2012-14), Project Value - QR 455 Million.
2. Qatar telecom - Ooredoo Technical & Customer care buildings at Mesaimeer Doha Qatar, (Year - 2010-12), Project Value – QR 255 Million. 3. Al Nasr Holding Head Quarters Building, New salata, Doha, Qatar,, (Year – 2017 -19), Project Value – QR 30 Million.
4. Qatar German switchgear Factory Doha Qatar, (Year – 2008 -10), Project Value – QR 30 Million.
5. Doha International Exhibition Center – Currently hosting all major exhibitions in Qatar at West Bay, Doha Qatar. (Year - 2007- 08), Project Value – QR 240 Million. 6. Warehouse for gulf warehousing company – Leading warehouse Giant in Qatar -
(Year – 2005-07), Project Value – QR 65 Million.
7. 85 Villas compound Doha Qatar for EQUINOX owners of the North gate Mall, Doha, Qatar (Year – 2003-05) Project Value – QR 55 Million 8. Al Muthanna commercial complex & Emadi Business center Currently Hosting Al Mannai Headquarters, Doha Qatar (Year – 2002-03), and Project Value – QR 45 Million.
9. Completed Prime medium scale projects as follows:
• School of law & Business Administration Qatar University.
• 65 Villa for Qatar Development bank.
• Ceramic Tiles Factory Complex – New Ind. Area.
• Cooling plant complex for BARWA city & BARWA Commercial Avenue.
• Horse Barn for Al Alfia – H.E Sk Mohammed Bin Khalifa Al Thani.
• Bus parking & Showroom for Karwa – Qatar Transport Company.
• Store & Accommodation for Amana Contracting.
• Store & Accommodation for Al AYYAN REAL ESTATE.
• Store & Accommodation for Sheik Falah.
• Store & Accommodation for Tadmur.
• MS Office proficient
• Hands on Experience with CAD
• Working Experience of Primavera Project Planner
• Superb management skills
• Project budgeting
• Cost control
• Organized and detail-oriented
• Safe job site set-up
• Building codes and regulations
• Structural engineering Knowledge
• Green Building systems associate member
3 P a g e
19 + years of Professional experience in the Civil Engineering Construction Management. Company: AL NASR Engineering & Construction Co. W.L.L – Oct -2017 – Present (Qatar) Position held: Project Manager.
Company: Amana Contracting Co. W.L.L - Dec 2002 – 2014 (Qatar) Position held: Technical Manager / Construction Manager. Company: Remedy business Group W.L.L - Aug – 2016 – Sep -2017 (Qatar) Position held: Technical Manager
Company: Gem Engineering W.L.L - Jan 2014 – 2016 (Qatar) Position held: Technical & Bidding Manager.
Company: Diyar Constructions Pvt. Ltd – July 1997 – 2002 (India) Position held: Site/Project Engineer.
• Can Manage cross functional teams and Assign work targets and tasks to juniors based on their competencies and Specialties
• Can Supervise & monitor the project bidding team in order to achieve result- oriented outcome.
• Can successfully analyze, review & resolve complex situations in the run up to successful submission of project bids in the prescribed time with precise accuracy and planned course.
• Have good command in clear communication with all the concerned stake holders for any particular assigned task.
• Having positive approach to group management.
• Possessing a team player ability.
• Can negotiate successfully with the participating sub- bidders to achieve the desired technical and commercial results for the compilation of the main bidding package.
• Having ability to make things happen in challenging circumstances.
• Having Expertise in qualifying competitive subcontractor & supplier bids prior to bidding process and or execution of contracts.
• Facilitated processing of RFI’s, submittals and samples among the general contractor, the owner and the owner’s consultants.
• Have the experience of local authority approval processes and able to collaborate with the involved authorities to obtain desired documents & permits.
4 P a g e
• Having fast learning skills and face challenges and develop a culture of continuous improvement and learning.
• Can play a lead role to manage and resolve all outstanding issues during project construction and commissioning phases.
• Can Review and investigate Proposed Change Order Requests (PCOR) at the project execution level.
• Can Assign, monitor and manage the preparation of project method statement, technical submittals and project schedule documents at the bidding or project execution stages.
• Have in depth knowledge and expertise to plan, monitor and manage the preparation of as built drawings, maintenance manuals and relevant service guarantee documents for effective project closeout requirements.
• Have the ability to think strategically to solve complex problems & face any challenge.
Bachelor of Civil Engineering
• Topped with 90% score & distinction.
• Conducted Project on effect of Admixtures to Concrete.
• Certified from Local urban planning office for practicing Civil Structural Engineering (Hyderabad - India).
• Member of Institute of Engineers (Qatar Chapter). Clients & Consultants:
Collaborated and communicated with following Clients & Consultants on Project Sites
• Ashghal, Qatar Tourism Authority & Barwa, Qatar Telecom – Ooredoo, Qatar Airways / NDIA Steering committee (Hamad International Airport), Qatar Petroleum, QAPCO, Qatar University, Qatar Development Bank, Ministry of Interior, Gulf drilling international -GDI, Schlumberger, Al Nar Holding, Gulf Warehousing company, Equinox, Qatar International Cable Company, Salaam International (Qatar German switchgear Factory), Ayaan Real Estate, First finance, Tadmur. Al Alfia, Lagoon Qatar, Karwa, Al Emadi Enterprise. 5 P a g e
• MACE, KEO, ATKINS, MZ & Partners, QIEC, AL SADD Engineering Consultants, UDC, UNITED Consultants, Arab Engineering Bureau, James Cubitt & Partners, Petra Design, Qatar Design Consortium, Artiligno Interior designers, CEG International.
• Nationality: Indian
• Place of Birth: Hyderabad, INDIA.
• Date of Birth: 28th of September, 1972
• Visa status: Holding resident Work visa in Qatar Since 2002- Transferable Visa.
• Sex: Male
• Marital Status: Married with Children.
• Hobbies: International Travel, Football, Reading & Swimming. Ahsanuddin Mohammed
Place: Doha, Qatar.