Bronx, New York *****
The HR Manager,
The HR Department,
Dear Sir/ Madame:
I am hereby applying for the position of Store Supervisor in your organization. I am an extrovert, with extensive training and experience in retail and inventory management, customer service, front office operations, cash management and supervisory management. I strongly believe these accomplishments will be a tremendous asset to your organization.
Lastly, I am a driven individual, with an intrinsic motivation to excel in whatever endeavor I pursue. Please see the attached resume for more detailed information. I am anticipating your most positive response to my application.
1008 East 228 Street,
Bronx, New York, 10466
Career Objectives: To join a dynamic organization where I am able to fully utilize my skills, personal attributes and experiences so that every day is a challenge I seek to overcome thereby contributing significantly to the organizational and personal growth in order to become a better, more productive individual .
November 2015-December 2019- Industrial Gases Limited (IGL plant St. Ann’s Bay)
•Supervise daily plant operational activities in accordance with company policies and expectations.
•Supervise, motivate and coach a staff complement of 8 which include security personnel, delivery drivers, CSRs and plant assistants.
•Maintain existing dealer network, while expanding the network to encompass the regions of St. Ann, St. Mary, Trelawny and Clarendon.
•Ensure that daily dispatching process is carried out effectively and in a timely manner so that dealers are
•Conduct weekly and monthly inventory procedures for products and accessories in order to monitor and control stock variances.
•Ensure that all safety procedures are adhered to by staff and visitors to plant in accordance with the policies outlined by company and government bodies.
July 2010- March 2015 Grace Kennedy Hilo Food Stores Ocho Rios
Front Store Supervisor
· Address customer complaints in a timely manner and in accordance with the company’s policy
·Train Customer Service Representatives on their duties and on the customer service requirements
· Prepare work schedules for staff ensuring optimization of the profitability of the business
· Supervise frontline staff, ensuring adherence to the customer service requirements
· Ensure voids, price checks and discounts are handles efficiently and without delays
· Ensure the timely check out of customers
· Conduct random audits of customer service rep
Participate in stock taking exercises and cycle counts
July 2006-July 2008 Unicomer, Courts Jamaica Ltd St. Ann’s Bay
· Submit information about the benefits of the company’s products and services
·Achieve and exceed weekly, monthly and quarterly sales targets
· Gain and maintain new and existing customers through prospecting and delivering quality customer service
·Exceed delivery versus bookings target
·Order stock and display items with proper tags and labels
· Silver and bronze millionaire status
2004-2006 Moneague College Moneague, St. Ann
•York Castle High School; Brown’s Town, St. Ann
· Diploma in Education
·Passes in seven CXC subjects English Language (1), English Literature (1), Social Studies(1), Mathematics(3), Biology(2), Chemistry(3), Spanish(2)
· Sound knowledge of the retail industry
· Certification of Training, and experience in inventory management, cash management, customer service and supervisory management from Grace Kennedy.
· Knowledge of retail software
Special Skills: Excellent written and oral communications skills
· Strong interpersonal and people management skills
· Ability to work well under pressure
· Strong observational and analytical skills with a high drive to achieve results
· Ability to influence and motivate people
· Proficient in Microsoft Windows applications including Excel and Word
References: Will be prompted upon request