LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE
CALGARY, AB., T3L2M3
SUMMARY: Compassionate and empathetic Licensed Practical Nurse looking to gain entry in the health-care industry. Strong interpersonal abilities, and skilled in providing nursing care to patients in a variety of settings.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS:
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Ability to organize and prioritize
workload as required and work well
• Flexible about working hours and
responsibilities and have a great deal
• Ability to follow facility policy and
procedures and provide evidence-
• Able to speak in Urdu, English,
Punjabi and Hindi.
• Ability to work independently and as
part of a health care team.
• Mindful of confidentiality
• Ability to work well in a variety of
situations with different people.
• Ability to pay attention to details.
• Able to feel compassion and provide
comfort to clients.
• Currently enrolled in Immunization
course, expected completion by Dec,
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION:
Practical Nurse Diploma- Completed (August 2018)
Bow Valley College, Calgary, AB
CPR (BLS level) – Current
Heart and Stroke foundation
RELEVENT CLINICAL EXPERIENCE:
Clinic Nurse/ Physician Assistant
Essence Medical Clinic – Calgary, AB March 2019 – Present
• Performed triage procedures including vital signs, height, weight, urine tests and blood glucose tests for patients of all ages.
• Interviewing patients regarding their health concerns and recording information appropriately.
• Maintained accurate patient records, compiled medical records and charts using Med Access software.
• Scheduled patients for appointments and checking in patients at the front desk.
• Handling incoming and outgoing calls, mails and faxes and using autoclave to sterilize medical equipment.
Pediatric Home Health Nurse January 2019 – March 2019 Classic LifeCare - Calgary, AB
• Working with pediatric clients with complex medical needs.
• Assessing patient's needs and documentation of patient care.
• Identification and management of seizures and medication administration.
• Adherence with Emergency care protocol regarding seizure management.
• Ongoing communication regarding pediatric patient's health and care needs with their families and nursing supervisor.
Student Practical Nurse (clinical experience 264 hours) June 2018 - August 2018 St. Marguerite Manor, Calgary, AB
Covenant Care - Memory Care (Dementia) Unit
• Demonstrated competence in providing safe care to 24 clients in Memory care unit.
• Provided resident care that included medication administration, monthly surveillance checks, wound care and ongoing assessments.
• Communicated effectively with health care team including start and end of shift reports.
• Performed duties such as reordering medications and supplies, receiving from pharmacy and appropriately transcribing doctor’s orders in medication administration records.
• Performed assessments such as PAINAD, neuro vital signs, ear assessments and Braden scale assessment.
• Documented patient care, assessments and interventions on electronic health record software Point Click Care
Student Practical Nurse (clinical experience 120 hours): January 2018 – February 2018 Peter Lougheed Hospital, Calgary, AB
• Checked and recorded the patient’s vital signs and head to toe assessments on a regular basis, noting any changes and reporting to primary nurse.
• Monitored and administered medication via oral, subcutaneous and intravenous route.
• Maintained accurate health records such as documentation and communication of patient care to ensure continuity of care.
• Performed variety of nursing duties including catheter care, glucose testing, respiratory therapy equipment and giving injections.
• Performed wound dressing changes such as chest tube care and wound irrigation and packing.
• Maintained high degree of confidentiality concerning health service records and information.
• Documented patient care, assessments and interventions on SCM. Student Practical Nurse (clinical experience 232 hours): September 2017 – November 2017 Rockyview General Hospital, Calgary, AB
• Performed assessments and provided nursing care to 3 – 4 clients.
• Administered oral, intravenous and subcutaneous medications to patients in accordance with organizational policies and procedures.
• Monitored and reported changes in client’s physical and psychological conditions and document those in patient’s health care records.
• Performed other duties as assigned.
• Kept information about clients confidential.
Student Practical Nurse (clinical experience 120 hours): April 03, 2017– April 21, 2017 Carewest Garrison Green, Calgary, AB
• Monitored patient’s health by taking vital signs, complete head to toe assessments and performed neuro-checks.
• Provided safe and competent care to dementia patients.
• Closely kept track of patients and provided ongoing report to primary nurse.
• Provided basic care to patients like helping them bathing, toileting, eating, dress and ambulate.
• Provided companionship to patients.
• Provided comfort to patients by answering call signals, making beds and maintaining patients' rooms.
• Maintained confidentiality of patient records.
OTHER WORK/ VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE:
Volunteer Experience: July 2014 – July 2015
Emergency Department-Alberta Children’s Hospital- Calgary, AB
• Welcomed patients/families coming through the emergency entrance and determined if they wish to be seen by a doctor or if they are a visitor.
• Informed patients/families about appropriate check in procedures.
• Explained logically for occasional delays.
• Escorted patients/families as requested by staff to designated areas.
• Provided reassurance, support and comfort to patients and families in the waiting room. Customer Sales Representative: June 2014 – June2015 Hertz Car Rental – Calgary, AB
• Greeted customers and determined their needs.
• Booked rentals, delivered and inspected cars for customers.
• Answered phone calls and directed them to appropriate departments
• Keyed data in to computer databases, managed car returns and collected payments.
• Maintained front reception area and performed general administrative tasks as needed.
• Sales Manager: June 2010 – July 2013
Rapid Greeting Ltd – Calgary, AB
• Managed over 100 stores for greeting card sales.
• Travelled throughout assigned territory to replenish greeting cards.
• Purchased and managed supplies for the company.
• Maintained and expanded existing customer base.
• References are available upon request.