L. MICHAEL BURGESS RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT
703-***-**** • email@example.com 3101 SW 34th Ave, #905-428, Ocala, FL 34474 TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:
As a professional in the field of Residential Construction Management, I’ve continually found my greatest successes have been achieved in the areas of project management, strategic problem solving, and client communication. In consideration of the position, I’m confident my skills and background align perfectly with the requirements of this role.
Enclosed is my resume outlining more than 30 years of experience in construction project management and residential property development. As you will see, my credentials include progressive responsibility with documented success at various organizational levels. In my present role, I have supervised all on-site construction, including scheduling subcontractors, resolving day-today problems on the job site, and inspecting all work during construction to ensure compliance with plans and specifications. I am known as a versatile contributor with experience in all core management functions, top-flight consensus-building and problem-solving skills, and the ability to make difficult decisions.
I look forward to meeting with you to discuss the opportunity and my qualifications in detail. Please contact me at the phone number or e-mail address provided above. I will follow-up with you shortly to answer any questions you may have.
L. Michael Burgess
L. MICHAEL BURGESS RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT 703-***-**** • firstname.lastname@example.org 3101 SW 34th Ave, #905-428, Ocala, FL 34474 Talented and detail-oriented professional in Residential Construction Management with 30+ years of experience in construction project management and residential property development. Resourceful and highly adaptable leader who is energized by the challenge of analyzing problems and creating strategic solutions, and is noted for high level of professionalism and ability to manage projects effectively. Excellent communicator who tackles new initiatives willingly, with the drive to complete multiple projects on time and budget, delivering great results. Areas of Expertise include:
Customer Service Project Management Contract Negotiation
Relationship Building Financial Management Regulatory Compliance
Strategic Problem Solving Client Communication Entreprenuership EXPERIENCE & NOTABLE CONTRIBUTIONS
LENNAR HOMES-OCALA• Orlando, FL• 03-2018 to Present CONSTRUCTION MANAGER
• Manage all new builds within set time and budget guidelines for "JB Ranch" subdivision in Ocala, FL., and Orlando, FL subdivision project.
• Supervise all on-site construction, including scheduling subcontractors, resolving day-to-day problems on the job site, and inspecting all work during construction to ensure compliance with plans and specifications. BURGESS CUSTOM BUILDERS, INC. • Edgewater, MD • 1983 to 03-2018 MASTER BUILDER/OWNER
• Manage all new builds within set time and budget guidelines as a custom specifications home builder for marketed homes in Northern Virginia. Experience building homes up to $3,000, 000.00 in value.
• Supervise all on-site construction, including scheduling subcontractors, resolving day-today problems on the job site, and inspecting all work during construction to ensure compliance with plans and specifications.
• Directly collaborate with architects and engineers to create base Architectural drawings that transform client vision into detailed scale plans and other data.
• Perform market studies and analysis to determine product for Northern Virginia sites and markets.
• Review the project plans and specifications and conduct cost analysis to determine possible cost savings measures and identify potential construction problems.
• Recruit, hire, and maintain ongoing system for development and retention to increase workforce stability.
• Process plans through local county governments for site plan approvals and building permits, and inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other regulations.
• Arrange construction loans for projects through local financial institutions and negotiate contracts with all trades.
• Obtain and maintain a Class “A” Virginia License.
• Achieved recognition of the Gold Key Award from Northern Virginia Association of Realtors. H.G. SMITHY COMPANY • Tyson’s Corner, Virginia • 1981 to 1983 COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE CONSULTANT
• Proactively employ tactical marketing techniques for sale of commercial properties for development and investment.
• Strategically conduct in-depth research and market analysis for commercial, retail, industrial and residential properties to sell to builders, developers, and investors. EID ESTABLISHMENT TRADING & CONTRACTING • Riyadh, Saudi Arabia • 1979 to 1981 PROJECT MANAGER
• Responsible for development, implementation, and management of large construction project, consisting of 500,000 square feet. of warehouse, office and infrastructure space at King Khalid Military City in Hafar al Batin, Saudi Arabia
• Collaborated with The US Corps of Engineers and the Saudi Government during project.
• Managed performance of EID Establishment during project from bottom rated contractor to first rated contractor.
• Slashed project timeline from six months behind to fifteen days ahead of schedule.