No. ** Boeing Road, Ridgeview, Harare, Zimbabwe
Telephone: (+2634)778034, cell: +263-*********
I am a highly experienced, systematic and detailed oriented scientist with a mature and responsible attitude to patient management in a laboratory setting. My career objective is to be part of a dynamic team and to have access to great opportunities for career advancement.
Willing to relocate.
January 2000 National Diploma in Biomedical Technology. (Technikon Witwatersrand, Johannesburg) Medical Technologist Specialised in Microbiology
June – December 1999 Laboratory Practise, Lancet Laboratory, Richmond (South Africa) Clinical Pathology, Microbiology, Chemistry and Haematology. CAREER HISTORY / WORK EXPERIENCE
January 2017 to present: Assistant Laboratory Manager /Senior Laboratory Scientist / Microbiologist Baines Pathology . Associated with Baines Imaging Group (Full Time) Professional duties-
• Staff and Laboratory activity supevision. Preparation and implementation of SOPs.
• Stock management, Logistics, Health and Safety. Q.A and Q.C Testing. Marketing.
• Operation, maintance and troubleshooting of :
- Mindray BS – 200E for Chemistry
- Mindray BC – 5380 for Heamatology, running of FBCs, E.S.R testing, determining blood groups.
- Maglumi Snibe 1000 for Immunochemistry .
- E-prep processor and CYCTC Thin Prep 2000 for Liquid based cytology.
- KOS Microwave HistoSTATION for Histology, assisting Pathologist in cut-up and processing of samples.
- Rapid kits for Serology namely BFat, Rapid HIV, CRAIG, Weil Felix, Widal, RF, TPHA etc.
- Fine Care Analyser – POC machine, testing D-Dimer, Vit B12 etc. December 2010 to December 2016 Deputy H.O.D Microbiology / Senior Technologist Lancet Clinical Laboratory (Harare, Zimbabwe)
• Bacteriology Department and PCR department. Staff and Laboratory supervision.
• From May 2013 PCR Department – HIV Viral loads.The understanding of the routine operation, maintenance, simple troubleshooting of the Cobas Ampliprep and Taqman 48. Participation in External QA –QCMD (Quality Control for Molecular Diagnostics).
• From June 2015 Cepheid GeneXpert- Running Xpert MTB/RIF
• From August 2015 to October 2016 participating in ZIMPHIA (Zimbabwe Population based HIV Impact Assessment) project. The operation of LDMS Software.
• In Bacteriology dept. - From November 2015 – the operation, maintenance of the Beckman Coulter
• MicroScan autoScan 4 and operation of Labpro Software.
• Assisting in SANAS accreditaion which was passed in December 2017. Professional duties:
The application of the knowledge of the following benches: Andrology; Ear, Nose and Throat; Faeces; CSF; Pus; Sputum; Vaginal; Urethral; Blood Cultures and Urine. The application and analysis of the Viral Loads.
Other duties include:
Microscopic analysis of specimens; the reading of agar plates and analysis of cultures; the identification of bacterial organisms and parasites; performing drug susceptibility testing and Interpretation of results. Result entry and editing on the Meditech computer system. Running Internal QC on various tests using ATCC strains. Participating in External QA programs which include ZINQAP and THISTLE. Supervising and managing the training of junior staff on all technical procedures. Actively involved in internal QC in all procedural steps to maintain the highest standard of result credibility. Monitoring materials management e.g. stock inventory and stock take. December 1999 to December 2001. Lancet Laboratory – Richmond (Jhb,S.A) in the Microbiology Department (Full Time) Professional duties:
The knowledge of the following benches: Andrology; Ear, Nose and Throat; faeces; Hospital and Environmental analysis; Pus; CSF; Sputum; Vaginal; Urethral and STD and Urine. Other duties include:
Planting of specimens; Microscopic analysis of specimens; the reading of agar plates and analysis of cultures; the identification of bacterial organisms and parasites and Interpretation of results. Result entry and editing on the Meditech computer system. General quality control. The understanding of the routine operation, maintenance, troubleshooting and quality control of the Boehringer Mannheim TM Miditron Urine Dipstick Analyzer and theBecton- Dickinson TM Bactec Blood Culture Analyzer.
August - December 1999 Lancet Laboratory – Richmond (Jhb,S.A). Receiving and planting of specimens in the Microbiology Department. (Part-time)
SPECIAL TRAINING AND COURSES
23-24 November 2017 Zimbabwe National Quality Assurance Programme (ZINQAP) Annual Scientific Conference 24-25 November 2016 Zimbabwe National Quality Assurance Programme (ZINQAP) Annual Scientific Conference 12 -21 October 2015 Centre for Disease Control (CDC) Atlanta –Early Infant Diagnosis (EID) testing using COBAS AmpliPrep/COBAS TaqMan HIV-1 Qual Test for Dried Blood Spots and HIV-1 Viral Load by COBAS AmpliPrep/COBAS TaqMan HIV -1 version 2.0. 18-19 June 2015 ZINQAP and SANAS- Internal Auditing Course 9-10 July 2013 Zimbabwe National Quality Assurance Programme (ZINQAP) Annual Scientific Conference. May 2013 AmpliPrep/COBAS TaqMan HIV -1 version 2.0. 25-26 March 2013 International Federation of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine (IFCC), Course in Laboratory Quality Management
17-18 May 2011 Zimbabwe National Quality Assurance Programme (ZINQAP) Annual Scientific Conference In House Training at Lancet on various topics, just a few to mention: 27 November 2015 Quality Assurance
Quality Indicators and Management Functions
May 2015 DVD: ISO 15189:2012
Quality Standards Implementation
December 2014 Materials Management
February 2013 Training and Development
Internal Auditor ISO 15189:2012 Accreditation
NOSA: Laboratory health and safety addendum certificate Team Building workshops
Management and leadership workshop
• Registration as a medical technologist in the category Microbiology with the Health Professions Council of South Africa, MT 0081418 (2001-2003).
• Member of the Society of Medical Laboratory Technologists of South Africa (SMLTSA).
• Registration as a medical laboratory scientist specialist in Medical Microbiology with the Medical
• Laboratory and Clinical Scientists Council of Zimbabwe in accordance with the Health Professions Act. Registration No. 506462.
• Member of African Society for Laboratory Medicine ( ASLM ) No : 01582/14 REFERENCES
Mrs. Sharee Bezuidenhout
Laboratory Manager (Bacteriology)
Lancet Laboratories (S.A)
Mr Shingai Chikutye
Lancet Clinical Laboratories (ZIM)
Phone: +263*-****** / 707142
Mr Brain Magaisa
Lancet Clinical Laboratories (ZIM)
Dr P Pakkiri
Baines Pathology (ZIM)
Phone: +263 867-***-****