DAVID D. NORTON
Human Resources Manager Business Partner who conducts the full scope of HR generalist affairs, leads HR operations, and defines HR policies. Expertise is ensuring the right HR programs are in place so employees can deliver at maximum efficiency with minimum risk. SPHR and SHRM-CSP certifications. Articulate clear vision of the future, along with specific path for how to get there – whether in turnaround environments, business that need to rapidly scale, or other scenarios. As a generalist, well-versed in operations, safety, personnel development, training, compensation, benefits, and recruitment administration. Demonstrated success managing multi-disciplinary projects. Successful managing range of activities that foster proactive, safety-first, customer-focused work culture. Committed to delivering HR services that reflect the corporate mission and values. EXPERTISE
· Human Resources
· HR Operations
· Environment, Health & Safety (EHS)
· Recruitment & Hiring
· Personnel Management
· Payroll & Benefits
· Workers Compensation
· HR Policies
· Performance Management
· Employee Relations
· HR Consulting
· Workforce Planning
· Industrial Safety
· Safety Management Systems
þ Reduced recordable accident rate over 60% at SKF Industrial Seals, by building actionable roadmaps to accelerate technical education and support compliance with safety programs. þ Raised performance ratings at SKF, through innovating recruitment and interviewing strategies to support serving customers worldwide.
þ Drove a full-scale corporate culture change by implementing ISO 14001 / OHSAS 18001 programs at SKF. EXPERIENCE
SKF Industrial Seals Salt Lake City, UT Apr 2008 to Present 360 Employees, $50MM annual sales
Human Resources Manager: Fully direct all elements of HR at the SLC location: recruitment, wage/salary admin, weekly payroll processing (Kronos time and attendance, ADP Enterprise), benefits enrollments and admin, employee relations, working with higher level management on program implementation. DAVID D. NORTON
· Consolidating three locations (Salt Lake City UT, La Verkin UT, and Seneca KS) into one new location.
· Responsible for Workforce Planning (short, mid, and long-term forecasts), Talent Management, Succession Planning, and Leadership Development.
· Coordinating relocation plans for 17 employees in Seneca KS, 8 employees in La Verkin, UT.
· Improving recruitment and on-boarding processes through new interview strategy.
· Establishing strong relationships with external recruitment firms to assist in expedited hiring.
· Implementing 5S, Monthly “Town Hall” employee meetings, supervisory training programs, new Kronos Time and Attendance system.
· Active participant in several national-level HR teams for aligning HR practices at all non-unionized facilities
(time/attendance programs, worker vacation and PTO plans, Safety Consequences matrix, etc). SKF Polyseal Salt Lake City, UT Jul 2006 to Apr 2008 Environmental Health & Safety Manager: Implemented ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 programs for SKF’s newly acquired locations at Salt Lake City and La Verkin UT.
· Preparing necessary documents, work instructions, training, and new hire orientations to comply with SKF requirements for EHS.
· Obtaining necessary air emissions and wastewater discharge permits from Utah Division of Environmental Quality and Salt Lake County Water Treatment.
· Recordable accident rate reduced by 75%; this low level was sustained for several years.
· Continuing to oversee site HR functions, one step removed from daily activities. Macrotech Polyseal, Inc. Salt Lake City, UT Feb 1993 to Jul 2006 275 employees, two factories in Utah, $35MM annual sales HR & Regulatory Compliance Manager: Led all aspects of Human Resources, recruitment, wage and benefits admin, payroll. Responsible for regulatory compliance, safety, and Worker’s Compensation.
· Implementing several new benefits programs for employees.
· Administering frozen (pre-401K) pension plan for 100+ workers at closed Chicago factory.
· 1 year of detached duty 1996-97 to oversee company implementation of ISO 9001 Quality Management System. EDUCATION
Bachelor’s Studies California State University Northridge, CA CERTIFICATIONS
Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) Since 1996 Society of Human Resources Management - Senior Certified Professional (SCP) Since 2015 Lean Manufacturing and 5 S Champion 2010
Six Sigma Green Belt Since 2009